Daily Current Affairs 27th February 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
14th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav begins in Bikaner
- The 14th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav commenced at Karni Singh Stadium in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- It is organized by the Union Ministry of Culture, was inaugurated with a Shobha Yatra, in which artists from different states of the country participated in traditional dresses.
- The objective of the festival is to preserve, promote and popularize the rich cultural heritage of the country.
- Governor of Rajasthan Kalraj Mishra and Union Minister of State for Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal inaugurated the craft fair and various exhibitions.
- The 9 days long festival is being organized with the support of 7 regional cultural centers and various academies.
- Performances of about one thousand well-known artists from across the country based on folk dance, folk music, drama and Sufi music will take place during the festival.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Chatrapati Sambhajinagar hosts Women20 Inception Meeting
- The first meeting of the W20 (Women 20) under India’s G20 presidency is being held at Sambhaji Nagar, Maharashtra on 27-28 February 2023.
- The theme of the meeting – Pursuit of Gender Equality, Equity and Dignity for Women-led Development
- More than 150 delegates are expected from the G20 countries to attend the meeting Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the meeting.
- W20 (Women 20) is an official engagement group under the G20 which was established during the Turkish presidency in 2015.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- Youth 20 India Summit – Maharaja Sayajirao University
- First meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) – Bengaluru (24 -25 February 2023)
- G20 Global Tech Summit (GTS) – Visakhapatnam (16 – 17 February 2023)
- First G20 Culture Working Group Meeting – Khajuraho, MP (22 – 25 February 2023).
- First Agriculture Deputies Meeting of the Agriculture Working Group – Indore (14 February 2023)
Jitendra Singh inaugurated ‘International Biotech Conclave’
- Union MoS Science & Technology Dr. Jitendra Singh has inaugurated the ‘International Biotech Conclave’ in Imphal, Manipur.
- It was held along with the 22nd Congress of the International Society for Ethno-pharmacology and the 10th Congress of the Society for Ethno-pharmacology.
- The theme for the conclave was “Reimagine Ethnopharmacology: Globalisation of Traditional Medicine”.
- For the first time since Independence, the North Eastern Region is organizing an event involving over 700 International and national delegates, representing over 35 countries from across the world.
Ministry of Ayush organized its first ‘Chintan Shivir’ in Assam
- The Ministry of Ayush has organized a “Chintan Shivir” for Ayush at Kaziranga National Park, Assam.
- Union Minister of Ayush Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated the event.
- The event aims to discuss the futuristic improvements in the implementation of existing policies and programs relating to Ayush sectors & traditional medicine.
- Road map to improve public health, and maximizing the use of technological advancement along with other deliverable are the expected outcomes of the two days deliberation in the “Chintan Shivir.”
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister –Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Gulab Chand Kataria
Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Rs 3670 cr Highways projects in Maharashtra
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated National Highway projects worth Rs 3670 crore in Maharashtra.
- These include five National Highway projects totaling 212 km length at Nanded worth Rs 1,575 crore, three National Highway projects worth Rs 1,058 crore and 75 km length at Parbhani, and a National Highway project worth Rs 1,037.4 crore at Hingoli.
- These projects are expected to improve the connectivity of the state’s Marathwada region with neighbouring Telangana and Karnataka.
- The projects will help in improving industrial and agricultural development along with connecting religious places and promoting tourism.
Nitin Gadkari In News
- Nitin Gadkari chaired 10th meeting of Group of Infrastructure Committee
- Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated the first phase of the New Zuari Bridge in Goa.
- Nitin Gadkari launched Surety Bond Insurance product from Bajaj Allianz
- Nitin Gadkari launched Toyota pilot project on Flex-Fuel Strong Hybrid EV.
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 13 road projects worth Rs 5315 crore in Madhya Pradesh
Assam CM inaugurated North East’s 1st compressed biogas plant
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has inaugurated North East India’s first-ever compressed biogas plant project at Sonapur in the Kamrup district of Assam.
- The plant will have a production capacity of five tonne-per-day of compressed biogas that would be produced from raw materials such as cattle dung, municipal solid wastes, etc.
- Apart from providing a solution to municipal solid waste management crises, compressed biogas plants such as the one being built at Sonapur would also provide an additional source of income to farmers, as they would be able to sell cattle waste to the biogas producers.
- The organic fertilizers that would be produced as a by-product of biogas in such compressed biogas plants would provide a safer alternative to chemical fertilizers currently in use across the state.
Ellora Ajanta International Festival begins in Aurangabad
- Three-day Ellora Ajanta International Festival 2023 began in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
- Union Minister of State for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Karad inaugurated this festival.
- This festival is a celebration of the cultural heritage and diversity of the region and promises to be a feast for the senses.
- It will feature a range of events, including live music performances, dance shows, art exhibitions, and food festivals.
- Ajanta and Ellora are two monumental rock-cut caves that define Indian art and architectural accomplishment.
International IP Index: India ranked 42 in 55 countries
- India has been ranked 42 out of 55 countries in the latest International IP Index report by the US Chamber of Commerce.
- USA ranks first in the 2023 index, followed by the UK and France.
- According to the report, India’s size and economic influence is growing on the world stage.
- India has taken steps to improve enforcement against copyright-infringement and provides a best-in-class framework to promote better understanding and use of IP assets.
- International Intellectual Property Index is an annual report compiled by the US Chambers of Commerce.
- It evaluates the protection of IP rights in the world’s 55 major economies, which represent approximately 90% of global GDP.
- Global Fire Power Index 2023: India ranked 4th; topped by US
- Henley Passport Index 2023: India ranked 85; topped by Japan
- List of best Cuisines of the World by Taste Atlas – India ranked 5th; topped by Italy
- Social Progress Index 2022: Puducherry best-performing States; Jharkhand and Bihar scored the lowest
- Global Food Security Index (GFSI) 2022: India ranked 68th; topped by Finland
- Global ranking in scientific publications paper – India ranked 3rd, topped by China
J&K won best adventure tourism destination award
- Jammu & Kashmir Tourism has been chosen by India Today Tourism Survey for best adventure tourism award in recognition of its efforts in promoting ‘Gulmarg’ as an adventure destination of international order.
- The awards were given away at New Delhi by Union Minister of State for Culture & Parliamentary Affairs, Arjun Ram Meghwal.
- The award has been given to the J&K Tourism Department in recognition of its efforts in promoting ‘Gulmarg’ as an adventure destination of international order.
- India Today award comes just within a month of South Asian Travel Trade Expo (SATTE) in which the J&K Tourism Department was awarded for its efforts in post-COVID-19 recovery of the tourism sector.
Indian Air Force to participate in Exercise Desert Flag VIII in UAE
- Indian Air Force is participating in Exercise Desert Flag VIII in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 27 February to 17 March 2023.
- This is the first occasion when the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas shall participate in an international flying exercise outside India.
- Exercise Desert Flag is a multilateral air exercise in which Air Forces from UAE, France, Kuwait, Australia, UK, Bahrain, Morocco, Spain, the Republic of Korea, and the USA would also be participating.
- The exercise aims to participate in diverse fighter engagements and learn from the best practices of various Air Forces.
- India – Japan joint training exercise “Dharma Guardian” will be conducted at Camp Imazu in the Shiga province of Japan from 17 February – 2 March.
- 6th edition of the joint exercise TARKASH’ has concluded in Chennai by the National Security Guard (NSG) and the US Special Operations Force (SOF).
- Indan Army, IAF, and CAPFs conducted joint training exercise “Exercise Trishakti Prahar” in North Bengal.
- The Indian Navy organized mega biennial tri-services amphibious ‘exercise AMPHEX 2023’ near Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian Army and Egyptian Army have commenced Exercise Cyclone-I, the first-ever joint exercise between their special forces at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan.
INS Sindhukesari becomes the first Indian submarine to dock in Indonesia
- INS Sindhukesari has become the first Indian submarine to dock in Indonesia.
- The 3,000-tonne conventional diesel-electric submarine made its way to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta to dock after traversing through the nearby Sunda Strait.
- The exercise was part of INS Sindhukesari’s first operational turnaround.
- In a bid to strengthen bilateral ties, the Indonesian Navy warmly welcomes the arrival of the Indian submarine INS Shindukesari in Jakarta,” the Indonesian Navy tweeted.
- It was designed as part of Project 877 and built under a contract between Rosvooruzhenie, Russia, and Ministry of Defence, India.
Australia beat South Africa to lift ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Trophy 2023
- Australian women’s cricket team has defeated South Africa by 9 runs to lift the ICC T20 World Cup Trophy 2023 at Newlands, Cricket Ground in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Australian women’s cricket team has won this title for the sixth time.
- They have completed a ‘three-peat’ under the captaincy of Meg Lanning, winning in 2018, 2020, and 2023.
- Australia’s Ashleigh Gardner is the winner of the ICC Player of the Tournament award. The outstanding Gardner took ten wickets and smashed 110 runs in Australia’s triumphant campaign.
- Beth Mooney is Player of the Match for her excellent half-century. Beth Mooney top-scored with 74*.
- Most runs – South Africa Laura Wolvaardt (230)
27 February – World NGO Day
- World NGO Day is celebrated on February 27 every year.
- Objective – To inspire people to become more actively involved within non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and encourage a greater symbiosis between NGOs.
- Theme 2023 – The role and influence of NGOs in advancing human rights
- The day was first celebrated in 2010 and has since become an annual event that highlights the work of NGOs around the world.