Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 27th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
PM Modi chairs meeting of 43rd edition of PRAGATI
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has chaired the meeting of the 43rd edition of PRAGATI involving Centre and State governments.
- PRAGATI is the ICT-based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- He reviewed eight key projects spread across seven states having cumulative worth around 31 thousand crore rupees. Among these, four projects were concerned with water supply and irrigation, two projects for expanding National highways and connectivity, and two projects for rail and metro rail connectivity. These are Bihar, Jharkhand, Haryana, Odisha, West Bengal, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- The Prime Minister has emphasized that PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan Portal in conjunction with technologies such as satellite imagery can help address various issues of implementation and planning relating to location and land requirements for projects.
- The Prime Minister also reviewed ‘Mobile Towers and 4G Coverage under USOF Projects’. Under the Universal Service Obligation fund, USOF, 33 thousand 573 villages with 24 thousand 149 mobile towers are to be covered for saturation of mobile connectivity.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi launched Bengaluru Metro’s Purple Line operations
- PM Modi launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras in Maharashtra
- PM Modi released a new Garba song titled “Maadi”.
- PM inaugurated 3rd edition of Global Maritime India Summit 2023
- PM inaugurated 141st International Olympic Committee Meeting in Mumbai
India hosts United Nations Forum on Forests meet in Dehradun
- In Uttarakhand, a two-day Country Led Initiative (CLI) event has been organized by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change at Forest Research Institute in Dehradun.
- Around 55 delegates from 30 countries and 41 representatives from 20 organizations participated both in-person and online in this Country Lead Initiative to discuss wildfires and forest certification.
- The meeting is expected to come out with implementable frameworks and recommendations for the management of forest fires and forest certification, which will promote sustainable forest management.
- These recommendations will be considered for discussion at the 19th session of the UNFF scheduled to be held at the United Nations Headquarters, New York in May 2024.
“Vimarsh” – National Hackathon on 5G technology conducted in New Delhi
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) will conduct a 5G Hackathon VIMARSH 2023 to address the challenges faced by Law Enforcement Agencies.
- The students can submit their ideas between the 1st of November to the 9th of December this year. The grand finale of VIMARSH 2023 will be organized on the 28th of February next year.
- The Hackathon will be jointly organized by the Home Ministry, the Department of Telecom, and Telecom Centres of Excellence India.
- Nine Problem Statements have been formulated to conduct a Hackathon with students and startups.
- A cash award of one lakh 50 thousand rupees will be given to each winning team. The Hackathon will involve three stages of ideas screening – Stages I and 2 will be done in virtual mode whereas Stage 3 in physical mode.
PM inaugurated 37th National Games in Goa
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 37th National Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Goa.
- PM said, India is advancing in various domains and setting unprecedented benchmarks today. From Khelo India to TOPS (Target Olympic Podium Scheme), the government has created a new ecosystem to support players in the country.
- National Games is reflection of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. The Prime Minister also appreciated the preparation for the National Games by the Goa government.
- The October 26-November 9 extravaganza is set to witness about 10,000 athletes across various disciplines from all across the country.
Aadi Mahotsav started at Ahmedabad
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda, and Chief Minister of Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel have inaugurated the Aadi Mahotsav at Ahmedabad.
- The Aadi Mahotsav is a 10-day mega event which is being organized by the TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India, Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs), at the Ahmedabad Haat, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad.
- The theme of the festival is ‘Celebration of Tribal Entrepreneurship, Crafts, Culture and Commerce’.
- The Aadi Mahotsav features the exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, fabric, jewellery, cuisine and much more through 100 stalls. More than 200 tribal artisans and artists from across the country are participating in the festival.
- Van Dhan Vikas Kendras would be the major highlights that are displaying and selling their products. The festival is a conglomeration of a mini-India under one roof.
Banking and Financial
Kotak Bank partnered with NeSL to issue electronic Bank Guarantee
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has partnered with National E-Governance Services Limited to issue its inaugural electronic Bank Guarantee through its platform.
- This collaboration is poised to usher in the era of digital trade, effectively eliminating the traditional paper-based issuance of Bank Guarantees.
- The digital transformation encompasses the issuance, modifications, closures, digital stamping, and signing processes, resulting in a significant reduction in the guaranteed turnaround time (TAT).
- This new approach enables guarantees to be processed in just a few hours, a stark improvement compared to the two to three working days required by the conventional paper-based method.
- Additionally, the e-BG enhances security by mitigating authentication risks.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Founded – 2003
- Founders – Uday Kotak
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Prakash Apte
- MD & CEO – Ashok Vaswani
IndusInd Bank partnered with Viamericas to enhance Fast Remit platform
- IndusInd Bank has collaborated with Viamericas Corporation to offer non-resident Indians (NRIs) in the US digital inward remittance services on the ‘Indus Fast Remit’ platform.
- The service will offer competitive exchange rates on remittances to India.
- NRIs can initiate remittance transactions using the auto debit payment mode (automated clearing house – ACH) through their overseas bank accounts on the Fast Remit platform.
- Viamericas Corporation will leverage its existing Vostro relationship with IndusInd Bank to credit beneficiary accounts in India, utilizing the RBI’s RDA scheme.
- The digital remittance platform assures customers transparency of payment status, the exact INR amount to be received by the beneficiary, and the expected delivery time.
- Founded – 1994
- Founder – S.P. Hinduja
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra,
- MD & CEO – Sumant Kathpalia
- Tagline – We Make You Feel Richer
Recent MoU in Banking Sector
- Karnataka Bank launches “Doorstep Gold loan facility” with SahiBandhu
- REC signs MoU with PNB to co-finance infrastructure projects
- Kotak Mutual Fund launches investor education program in partnership with CBSE
- SIDBI signed MoU with the Digital Lenders Association of India (DLAI) to boost the country’s fintech sector.
- UP New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) signed MoU SIDBI to promote green project
2 Indian-Americans awarded with America’s highest scientific award
- Two Indian American scientists were awarded the National Medal of Technology and Innovation by US President Joe Biden at the White House.
- The two Indian-Americans — Ashok Gadgil and Subra Suresh — were awarded the National Medal of Technology and Innovation and the National Medal of Science, respectively.
- The scientists, who were honoured at the event, made discoveries enabling lifesaving medical treatments, helping fight the opioid epidemic, improving food security, advancing accessibility, and much more.
- The National Medal of Science is the nation’s highest scientific honour, established by the US Congress in 1959 and administered by the US National Science Foundation.
- It is bestowed by the President of the United States on individuals deserving of special recognition for their outstanding contributions in biology, computer sciences, education sciences, engineering, geosciences, mathematical and physical sciences, and social, behavioural, and economic sciences.
- Global Leadership Award by the Harvard Law School – CJI DY Chandrachud
- Golden Peacock Award – REC Limited
- UNWTO’s Best Tourism Village 2023 – Gujarat’s Dhordo Village
- UN Award 2023 – Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Dalip Singh Saund Award for Political Leadership -Raja Krishnamoorthi
Deepthi Jevanji won Gold in Women’s 400m-T20 event at Asian Para Games
- India’s Deepthi Jeevanji has clinched the gold medal in the women’s 400m-T20 event at the Asian Para Games 2023.
- Deepthi clocked a timing of 56.69 seconds to finish more than two whole seconds ahead of her nearest rival Orawan Kaising of Thailand, who secured the silver medal with a time of 59s.
- Niina Knno of Japan finished third with a timing of 59.73s in Hangzhou.
Prachi Yadav won gold in women’s Para Canoe event in Asian Para Games
- Prachi Yadav has won gold in the women’s Para Canoe KL2 event at the Asian Para Games 2023 in Hangzhou, China.
- Prachi had already secured a silver medal on Day 1 in the women’s VL2 final, narrowly missing out on the gold. In the women’s KL2 event, she finished on top with a timing of 54.962 seconds.
Ravi Rongali won silver at Asian Para Games
- Shot put athlete Ravi Rongali won the silver medal in the Men’s Shotput F40 event at the Asian Para Games 2023 held in Hangzhou, China.
- The 28-year-old, who suffers from dwarfism, secured his personal best of 9.92 meters and lost the gold to Garrah Tnaiash of Iraq as his attempt amounted to 10.80 meters.
Manish Narwal won Bronze in Men’s 10m air pistol at Asian Para Games
- Shooter Manish Narwal has won the bronze medal in the P1 – Men’s 10m Air Pistol SH1 event at the Asian Para Games 2023 held in Hangzhou, China.
- Manish ranks fourth in the world in Men’s 10m Air Pistol SH1 according to the World Shooting Para Sport Rankings.
- In 2020, Manish took the Arjuna Award.
Rubina Francis won Bronze in Women’s 10m Air Pistol at Asian Para Games
- Shooter Rubina Francis won the bronze medal in the P2 – Women’s 10m Air Pistol SH1 event at the Asian Para Games held in Hangzhou, China.
- Rubina Francis is currently ranked number five by the International Shooting Sport Federation in Women’s World Shooting Para Sports Rankings.
- She also participated in the 2018 Asian Para Games.
26 October 2023 – 76th Accession Day
- Jammu and Kashmir is commemorating its 76th Accession Day on 26 October 2023.
- This day holds great significance as it marks the moment when the people of this former princely state firmly chose their destiny by merging with the Union of India.
- Despite being an integral part of India’s celebrated democratic journey, J&K has faced significant challenges due to persistent external interference of Pakistan that has aimed to disrupt its internal fabric.
- At the time of India’s independence in 1947, the Indian subcontinent was divided into two newly formed nations, India and Pakistan. Alongside these two dominions, there were 580 princely states that had previously accepted the paramountcy of the British Crown through subsidiary alliances.
- As per the Indian Independence Act of 1947, these princely states were granted the choice to remain independent, join India, or join Pakistan. The process of accession involved the signing of an Instrument of Accession (IoA) that outlined the terms of the accession.
27 October – World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (WDAH) is observed on October 27 every year to draw attention to the significance of audiovisual documents and to urge people to take immediate action.
- We may learn about the lives and cultures of people from all around the world through audiovisual archives. They serve as invaluable testimony to our common history and a crucial source of knowledge.
- Theme 2023 – Your Window to the World
- The preservation and accessibility of audiovisual heritage are crucial goals for both memory institutions and the broader public.
- On October 27, 1980, during the 21st General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in Belgrade, Serbia, the Recommendation for the Safeguarding and Preservation of Moving Images was adopted.
- This recommendation marked a significant step in recognizing the importance of preserving and safeguarding audiovisual materials for their cultural and historical significance.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|