Daily Current Affairs 29th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Ashwini Vaishnaw launched ‘Stay Safe Online’ Campaign
- Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology Ashwini Vaishnaw has launched the ‘Stay Safe Online’ campaign and the Digital Innovation Alliance (DIA) programme.
- Objective – To raise awareness among citizens to stay safe in the online world due to the widespread use of social media platforms and the rapid adoption of digital payments.
- It is among the first-ever programmes to be launched worldwide as a G-20 initiative.
- DIA programme is launched to recognize and support start-ups developing innovative digital solutions.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- S Jaishankar addressed 7th edition of the Global Technology Summit
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament in Dhenkanal in Odisha.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw launched Entrepreneurship Cell at C-DOT Campus, Delhi
- Ashwini Vaishnaw announced new train ‘Kashi Tamil Sangamam’
President Murmu lays foundation stone for PRASHAD project in Telangana
- President Droupadi Murmu has laid the foundation stone of the project for development of pilgrimage facilities at the Bhadrachalam group of temples in Telangana under the ‘Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASHAD)’ scheme.
- She also laid the foundation stone for another project called ‘Development of Pilgrimage and Heritage Infrastructure of UNESCO World Heritage Site at Rudreshwara (Ramappa) Temple’ at Mulugu in the state.
- Both these projects have been approved under the PRASHAD (National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Augmentation Drive) Scheme of the Ministry of Tourism.
- PRASHAD scheme has launched in the year 2014-15, the scheme aims to provide integrated infrastructure development to pilgrimage and heritage tourism destinations in the country.
- The temple at Bhadrachalam, Sri Seetha Ramchandra Swamyvari Devasthanam, is said to be more than 350 years old and is closely associated with epic of Ramayana. It is believed that Lord Rama with his wife Goddess Sita and brother Lakshmana spent some part of their 14 years of exile at a village called Parnasala, a part of Dandakaranya forest near Bhadrachalam Temple.
- The project ‘Development of Pilgrimage Facilities at Bhadrachalam Group of Temples, Telangana’ has been approved by the Ministry of Tourism at an estimated cost of ₹41.38 Crores.
President Murmu in News
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated project worth Rs 43.08 cr at Srisailam Temple
- President Droupadi Murmu launched startup platform ‘herSTART’ for women entrepreneurs
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated projects in Gujarat worth 1,330 crore
- President Droupadi Murmu flags off two train services in Northeast
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated ‘PARAM KAMRUPA’ Supercomputer facility and a high-power active and passive component laboratory of SAMEER at Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
- President Murmu addressed women’s self-help groups conference in Bhopal
Maharashtra became the first state in the country to pass the Lokayukta Bill
- Maharashtra assembly passed the Lokayukta Bill 2022, which brings the chief minister and council of ministers under the ambit of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
- It is the first state in the country to do so.
- The bill was passed without discussion as the opposition had staged a walkout over the alleged scam in the Teachers Entrance Test.
- Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis termed the bill a historic legislation, adding Maharashtra is the first state to have such a law.
- The Bill also states that the Lokayukta will not investigate cases involving allegations of corruption against the Chief Minister, which are related to internal security or public order.
- Cabinet minister Deepak Kesarkar introduced the bill, which seeks to bring the chief minister and the cabinet under the ambit of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Vidhan Sabha Seats – 288
- Lokshabha Seats – 48
- Rajyasabha Seats – 19
Hardeep Singh Puri launched guidelines for City Finance Rankings and City Beauty Competition
- Union Minsiter of Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has launched the guidelines for City Finance Rankings and City Beauty Competition in New Delhi.
- Objective – To evaluate, recognize and reward the cities on current financial health and improvement in financial performance over time.
- Guidelines for City Beauty Competition is aimed at encouraging and recognizing the transformational efforts of wards and cities to create beautiful, innovative, and inclusive public spaces.
- All cities and wards can participate in the City Beauty Competition.
- The government has started several schemes like Swachh Bharat Mission, Atal Mission for Rejuvenation, and Urban Transformation Mission which transformed the country.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Jyotiraditya Scindia launched India’s first Green Steel Brand
- Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated 4th Heli-India Summit 2022.
- Jyotiradity Scindia inaugurated multiple flights to boost northeast connectivity
- Giriraj Singh inaugurated SARAS AAJEEVIKA MELA 2022
- Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated 5th South Asian Geoscience Conference in Jaipur
IISc Bengaluru to be G20 Science working group’s secretariat
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) will serve as the secretariat for Science 20 (S20), one of the G20’s multiple groupings.
- The G20 is being presided over by India and the theme of the S20 in 2023 is ‘Disruptive Science for Innovative and Sustainable Development’.
- Three issues will be discussed at the discussions in Agartala, Lakshadweep, and Bhopal: universal holistic health, clean energy for a greener future, and bridging science and society.
- Apart from the discussions, there will be an inaugural conference in Puducherry and a summit in Coimbatore.
- The G20 has been working for years to address other global issues as well, such as sustainable development and mitigating climate change. It has established a number of working groups to work toward this goal, including Science 20 or S20.
- The G20 forum is made up of 19 countries and includes the European Union.
- It consists of both developed and underdeveloped nations, and its principle objective has been to oversee the management of the world economy.
- To address various linked global issues, this goal has established a number of working groups, Science 20 or S20 being one of them.
Kerala host first International Beach Festival
- The ‘Spice Coast’ in the far north of Kerala, popularly known as North Malabar, is celebrating myriad colours and the ‘Bekal International Beach Festival’.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the 10-day first International Beach Festival.
- The festival which also aims at revitalising the district’s development by showcasing its potential, will offer a feast of cultural and musical nights, along with food festivals that capture the cuisine of Kasargod, exhibitions, and tour programmes.
- The festival reflects the entirety and essence of the cultural and artistic uniqueness of the state. It showcases the country’s rich cultural diversity and magnificence in the majestic Bekal Beach Park.
- More than 1,000 international, national, and local artists performed at the Beach Festival.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Tribal Ministry partnered with Amazon for future engineer programme
- National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS) has partnered with Amazon to organize a two-day capacity-building program for EMRS teachers to implement the Amazon Future Engineer Program.
- The partnership between NESTS and amazon will empower teachers and students in the field of digital education.
- The initiative will help in initiating a digital communication with the people living in far-flung areas.
- The students of EMRS will benefit a lot from the Future Engineer Programme. It will serve as a stepping stone in creating Computer awareness for the tribal students of EMRSs.
REC Limited organized Bijli Utsav in Assam
- A Maharatna Company under the Ministry of Power, REC Limited has organized ‘Bijli Utsav’ in the Baksa district of Assam.
- The event highlights the consumer rights to electricity, the benefits of electricity and the challenges faced during electrification in remote areas, and how the quality of life improves with access to power.
About REC Limited
- REC Limited is an NBFC focusing on Power Sector Financing and Development across India.
- Established in 1969, REC Limited has completed over fifty years in the area of its operations.
- It provides financial assistance to state electricity boards, state governments, central/state power utilities, independent power producers, rural electric cooperatives, and private sector utilities.
Banking and Financial
RBI released web publication entitled ‘Statistical Tables relating to Banks in India: 2021-22’
- The Reserve Bank of India released its web publication entitled ‘Statistical Tables relating to Banks in India: 2021-22’ covering the activities of the Indian banking sector.
- The publication presents entity-wise information on major items of liabilities and assets along with their maturity profile; income and expenses; select financial ratios, number of employees, and details of priority sector advances for scheduled commercial banks excluding regional rural banks.
- In addition, capital-to-risk-weighted asset ratios, non-performing assets, exposure to sensitive sectors, contingent liabilities, and unclaimed deposits are included.
- State-wise distribution of consolidated balance sheet of rural cooperative banks are also presented.
- The publication can be accessed on the RBI website through the link ‘Time Series Publications’ under the Database on Indian Economy.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Bajaj Allianz launched Respect Senior Care Rider
- Leading private general insurer of India Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has launched a unique health insurance rider ‘Respect Senior Care Rider’.
- It might become difficult to fulfil all the responsibilities associated with caring for aging parent; this rider helps one fulfill their parental responsibility smoothly.
- The company offers a comprehensive network of services and professionals who collaborate with one another to ensure that senior citizen will always receive the highest possible level of care.
- This network can be accessed by them or their family members at any time, this product will protect the customers from shelling out significant sums of cash and reduces worries and brings a plethora of services at their fingertips.
IRDAI to Introduce ‘Bima Vahaks’ to Expand Insurance Force
- To enhance the insurance force in India the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) will soon introduce “Bima Vahaks” in each gram panchayat.
- Each Gram Panchayat will have a ‘Bima Vahak’ who would be tasked to sell and service simple parametric bundled insurance products, Bima Vistar, covering health, property, life, and personal accident.
- The insurance companies have adopted a state each and with the help of state governments are looking to develop state-level insurance plans. Much like what has been done in the banks.
Appointment and Resignation
Baskar Babu reappointed as MD & CEO of Suryoday SFB
- Baskar Babu Ramachandran has been re-appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Suryoday Small Finance Bank for a period of 3 years with effect from January 23, 2023.
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank (Suryoday SFB) is a scheduled commercial bank. The bank has a wide presence across 13 states and UTs across India through its 565 banking outlets, with a strong presence in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Odisha.
- The Bank was originally incorporated as Suryoday Micro Finance Pvt. Ltd. at Chennai in 2008 and subsequently got converted into a public limited company as Suryoday Micro Finance Ltd in 2015.
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- MD & CEO of Equitas Small Finance Bank – P N Vasudevan
- MD and CEO of SBI Funds – Shamsher Singh
- First VP & COO of Federal Reserve Bank of New York – Sushmita Shukla
- Director on RBI’s central board – Vivek Joshi
- Chairman of Punjab National Bank (PNB) – AK Goel (reappointment)
- Chairman of SBI – Dinesh Khara (reappointment)
LG Arvind Walia appointed as Engineer-in-Chief of Army
- Lieutenant General Arvind Walia has been appointed as the Engineer-in-Chief of the Indian Army.
- He would be succeeding Lt Gen Harpal Singh who is superannuating on December 31.
- An officer of the 1986 batch Walia is an alumnus of the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- Chairman of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) – Santosh Kumar Yadav
- CEO of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) – Ganji Kamala V Rao
- Chief advisor to the Gujarat CM – Hasmukh Adhia
- Chairman of Railway Board – Anil Kumar Lahoti (replace Vinay Kumar Tripathi)
- Captain Indian team at the FIH men’s world cup 2023 – Harmanpreet Singh
Praveen K Srivastava appointed as acting Central Vigilance Commissioner
- The government of India has appointed Vigilance Commissioner Praveen Kumar Srivastava as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC).
- Srivastava’s appointment comes after Suresh N Patel completed his term as the chief of the anti-corruption watchdog Central Vigilance Commission on December 24.
- The commission is headed by a CVC and can have a maximum of two Vigilance Commissioners.
- Besides Srivastava, former Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief Arvind Kumar is the other Vigilance Commissioner.
- Srivastava is a 1988-batch (retired) Indian Administrative Service officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre. He superannuated as Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat on January 31 this year.
- Srivastava also assisted the government in negotiations relating to trade in services under the World Trade Organization (WTO) as Director/Deputy Secretary, the Department of Commerce.
- He also served as Chief Vigilance Officer in RITES Ltd and as Joint Secretary and Mission Director, Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
- The tenure of a CVC is of four years or till the incumbent attains the age of 65 years.
- CEO of Air India Express – Aloke Singh
- Chairperson of New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) – Former SC Justice Hemant Gupta
- Chairperson of the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) – Dinesh Kumar Shukla
- CEO of the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games – Cindy Hook
- First black president in Harvard University – Claudine Gay
Arshdeep Singh, Yastika Bhatia and Renuka Singh nominated for ICC emerging cricketer of the year 2022
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) named the nominees for the Emerging Cricketer of the Year for 2022
- Indian Arshdeep Singh has been included in the men’s and Yastika Bhatia and Renuka Singh in the women’s section of the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) emerging player of the year 2022 award nominee list.
- ICC emerging Men’s player of the year award 2022 nominee
- Arshdeep Singh (India)
- Marco Jansen (South Africa)
- Ibrahim Zardan (Afghanistan)
- Finn Allen (New Zealand’)
- ICC women’s player of the year award 2022 nominee
- Renuka Singh (India)
- Yastika Bhatia (India)
- Alice Capsy (England)
- Darcie Brown (Australian)
About International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Formation – 15 June 1909
- Headquarters – Dubai, UAE
- Chairman – Greg Barclay (New Zealand)
- Deputy Chairman – Imran Khwaja (Singapore)
- CEO – Geoff Allardice (Australia)
- General Manager – Wasim Khan
- Membership – 108 members
Book and Author
A book titled Forks in the Road: My Days at RBI and Beyond by C. Rangarajan
- A book titled Forks in the Road: My Days at RBI and Beyond author by former RBI governor Chakravarthi Rangarajan.
- It was published by the Penguin Business (Penguin Group).
- C Rangarajan is an Indian economist, a former Member of Parliament, and the 19th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- He is the former Chairman of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council, he resigned the day the UPA lost power.
- In this book, the veteran economist and policymaker provides a captivating account of his professional journey, starting with his purely accidental entry into the RBI in 1982.
- The Indian Navy@75 Reminiscing the Voyage – Ranjit B Rai and Aritra Banerjee
- Fit At Any Age – Launched Retd. Air Marshal PV lyer
- Miracles of Face Yoga – Mansi Gulati
- India: The Mother of Democracy – Prepared and published by ICHR & launched by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Now You Breathe – Rakhi Kapoor
- The World: A Family History – Simon Sebag
- Nuclearization of Asia – French author Rene Naba
- The Last Heroes – P Sainath
- Lata: Sur-Gatha (English) – Ira Pande
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|