Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 29th September 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
MoT recognizes Pembarthi and Chandlapur as Best Tourism Village
- In Telangana, Pembarthi in Jangoan district and Chandlapur in Siddipet district have been chosen by the Ministry of Tourism as the best tourism villages in Telangana for the year.
- Both the villages received awards on the occasion of World Tourism Day during a special function in New Delhi.
- Central recognized the handicrafts and tourism places in Telangana and had recognized Bhoodan Pochampalli as a tourism village two years ago.
- Pembarthi is known for brass and bronze products and home decorations, figurines of gods and goddesses, and other handicrafts, which are exported to countries like the U.S., Germany, Belgium, and Japan. About 25 thousand people visit the village annually.
- Chandlapur village is renowned for the famous Ranganayaka Swamy temple, ‘Gollabama’ sarees, and other crafts of the region.
- Central government actively promoted Telangana arts and crafts, especially during the recently concluded G-20 summit, where foreign delegates were presented with the Pochampally sarees and scarves.
RS Deputy Chairman leads parliamentary delegation to BRICS
- Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh led a parliamentary delegation to the 9th BRICS Parliamentary Forum held in Johannesburg.
- As the head of the delegation, he makes an Opening Statement and also chairs a session on Climate Change and Legislative Mobilization in BRICS Countries.
- Members of the delegation Sumitra Balmik and Indra Hung Subba participated in a debate on the theme “Harnessing Multilateralism and Parliamentary Diplomacy to Deepen BRICS and Africa Partnership for Accelerated Implementation of the Africa Free-Trade Agreement and also in other sessions.
Chhattisgarh govt launches own housing scheme for state’s homeless families
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has launched the “Mukhyamantri Gramin Awas Nyay Yojana” with the aim of providing assistance for constructing houses to eligible beneficiaries of the scheme across the state.
- The scheme includes beneficiaries who need housing but are not eligible for the scheme as per the survey list 2011 as the socio-economic and caste census was conducted by the Union government in 2011.
- The Baghel government decided to conduct the “Chhattisgarh State Socio-Economic Survey 2023” from April 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023. The survey included 5,979,000 families, out of which 1,076,545 families were found to be houseless and having kutcha houses.
- In order to provide homes to such families, the Rural Housing Justice Scheme was announced by the Chief Minister in July this year. The state government will bear 100 percent cost of the implementation of the scheme.
- In the scheme’s first phase, 47,090 homeless families will benefit. Rs 1,30,000 and Rs 1,20,000 will be provided per family by dividing it into IAP (hilly and inaccessible areas) and non-IAP (plain areas) districts, respectively.
Narendra Modi Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the programme marking 20 years of celebration of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit at Science City in Ahmedabad.
- The Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit was started 20 years ago on 28 September 2003 under the visionary leadership of the then Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi.
- It has played a significant role in transforming Gujarat into an attractive investment destination.
- Over the past two decades, the summit has attracted numerous national and international companies, creating opportunities for collaboration and strategic partnerships.
India ranked 56th position in World Talent Ranking 2023
- Out of 64 economies, India has slipped four spots to 56th position compared to its 52nd position in 2022 in the 2023 World Talent Ranking, according to the International Institute for Management Development (IMD).
- Despite the drop in the overall ranking, India’s talent pool received praise for its agility, tech-savviness, and readiness for the future.
- India ranks 29th in future readiness but struggles with its weak educational system, ranked 63rd in quality.
- The IMD World Talent Ranking considers various factors, including the quality of life, statutory minimum wage, and primary and secondary education.
- India ranks 29th in future readiness but struggles with its weak educational system, ranked 63rd in quality.
- In the IMD World Talent Ranking for 2023, Switzerland secured the top position, followed by Luxembourg in second place, and Iceland, Belgium, and the Netherlands rounding out the top five.
- The United States ranked 15th, China at 41st place, and the UK at 35th. Brazil (63rd) and Mongolia (64th) occupied the bottom two spots.
- World’s Freest Economy Report – Rank 1. Singapore, 2. Hong Kong, 3. Switzerland, 4. New Zealand, 5. US
- Digital Quality of Life Index 2023 – India ranked 52nd; topped by Denmark
- Chainalysis’ Global Crypto Adoption Index 2023 – Rank 1 India, 2. Nigeria, 3. Vietnam, 4. US, 5. Ukraine.
- US News & World Report’s annual Best Countries – Switzerland (Rank 1), Canada (Rank 2), Sweden (Rank 3)
- Henley Passport Index 2023– India ranked 80th; topped by Singapore
- World’s most powerful military – Strongest (1. USA, 2 Russia, 3. China, 4. India, 5. UK); Weakest (1. Bhutan, 2. Benin, 3. Moldova, 4. Somalia, 5. Liberia)
Banking and Financial
Kotak MF launches investor education program in partnership with CBSE
- Kotak Mutual Fund has launched an investor education and awareness program in partnership with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The program ‘Seekho Paiso ki Bhasha’ will pave the way for financial literacy aimed at empowering teachers across India.
- To ensure a broad reach and accessibility for teachers across the country, the investor education and awareness programmes will be held in over 100 locations
- By the end of the programme, Kotak Mutual Fund intends to reach around 75,000 plus CBSE teachers, out of which 50% are expected to be women educators.
- This initiative aims at educating and creating awareness, to around 75,000 educators with an aim to empower them and foster their growth of financial understanding, and ultimately which can help contribute to India’s journey towards a potentially progressive future.
- The initiative will include around 1,000 financial literacy programs, scheduled between September and October 2023, ‘Seekho Paiso ki Bhasha’, is geared with an aim to shape a generation of financially informed citizens.
Recent MoU in Banking Sector
- SIDBI signed MoU with the Digital Lenders Association of India (DLAI) to boost the country’s fintech sector.
- UP New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) signed MoU SIDBI to promote green project
- SIDBI signs with Digital Lenders Association of India (DLAI) to boost fintech sector
- IREDA partners with Bank of Maharashtra to promote renewable energy adoption
- Yes Bank partners with Juspay to offer merchant in-app UPI payments
RBI approved Poonawalla Fincorp to issue credit cards with IndusInd Bank
- Reserve Bank of India has approved Poonawalla Fincorp, a Cyrus Poonawalla group-promoted NBFC, to issue a co-branded credit card with IndusInd Bank.
- The credit card, slated for launch in the next three months, is designed to cater to customers with a favourable credit history.
- This partnership with IndusInd Bank will be a game-changer adding a new vista to our bouquet of new-age financial products for India’s tech-savvy and financially astute customers.
- The co-branded credit card is primarily designed to cater to customers who possess a favorable credit history.
- Founded – 1994
- Founder – S.P. Hinduja
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra,
- MD & CEO – Sumant Kathpalia
- Tagline – We Make You Feel Richer
Appointment and Resignation
Intel India appoints Gokul Subramaniam as President
- Intel Corporation has appointed Gokul Subramaniam as the new President of Intel India, responsible for overseeing the company’s comprehensive engineering and design operations.
- He replaced Nivruti Rai, who resigned as the Intel India country head in June 2023.
- Santhosh Viswanathan, Vice President and Managing Director of Sales, Marketing, and Communications Group (SMG) for Intel India, will continue overseeing Intel’s overall business in the country, focusing on new revenue and growth opportunities
- Intel is the world’s largest semiconductor producer by revenue, operates its second-largest design and engineering centre in India, after the United States.
- With advanced design facilities in Bengaluru and Hyderabad, the company has invested over $9 billion in India and remains committed to expanding its research and development footprint.
- Subramaniam, who is based in Bengaluru, has been with Intel for over 11 years and has occupied various technical and business leadership roles. He currently serves as a vice president in the Client Computing Group (CCG) and is the general manager of the Client Platforms and Systems division.
- Chairman of Tata Advanced Systems – Banmali Agarwal
- Secretary of Dept. of Biotechnology – Rajesh S Gokhale
- Advisor to PM Modi – Amit Khare (reappointment)
- CEO of Penguin Random House – Nihar Malviya (replace Marcus Dohle)
- Chairman of Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) – Dhananjay Joshi (replace Akhil Gupta)
Malayalam film ‘2018’ selected as India’s official entry for Oscars
- The members of The Film Federation of India have chosen the Malayalam survival drama ‘2018’ as India’s selection for the Best Foreign Language Film category at the 96th Academy Awards.
- Directed by Jude Anthany Joseph, the film with the subtitle “Everyone Is A Hero” portrays a survival drama centered on the devastating floods that struck Kerala in 2018.
- It stands as the highest-grossing Malayalam film of all time and one of the top earners in Indian cinema this year.
- The Malayalam movie will compete in the Best International Feature Film category at the Oscars, a category previously known as Best Foreign Film.
Leander Paes, 1st Asian man nominated as player to Tennis Hall of Fame
- Multiple Grand Slam winner Leander Paes has emerged as the first Asian man to be nominated for the International Tennis Hall of Fame in the player category.
- The 50-year-old Paes was one of the six nominees announced for the Class of 2024. He will be competing with Cara Black, Ana Ivanovic, Carlos Moya, Daniel Nestor and Flavia Pennetta in the Player Category.
- Besides Paes, former India player Vijay Amritraj was also nominated in the contributor category.
- Li Na, the Chinese player who won the women’s singles title at the Australian Open and French Open, became the first Asian player to get nominated to the ITHF in 2019.
- Paes is a winner of 18 Grand Slam titles in doubles and mixed doubles, besides being a former doubles world No. 1.
- In a career spanning three decades, he captured eight Grand Slams in doubles, 10 in mixed doubles and a career Slam in both disciplines.
28 September – International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI)
- International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI) is observed every year on 28 September.
- It is highlighting the advantage of having constitutional, statutory, or policies that guarantee the public to access information for saving lives, building trust, and helping in the formulation of sustainable policies.
- Theme 2023 – The importance of the online space for access to information.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declared September 28 as the International Day for Universal Access to Information on November 17, 2015.
- In addition, the United Nations General Assembly has designated September 28, 2019, as the International Day for Universal Access to Information, recognizing that numerous civil society organizations and government entities around the globe have embraced and are currently commemorating this day.
29 September – International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste is observed every year on 29 September.
- It is an opportunity to raise awareness of the issue of food loss and waste, and to promote actions to reduce it.
- Theme 2023 – Reducing food loss and waste: Taking Action to Transform Food Systems
- According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), about one-third of all food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted each year. This amounts to about 1.3 billion tonnes of food, worth approximately US$1 trillion.
- Food loss and waste occurs at all stages of the food supply chain, from production to processing, transportation, distribution, and consumption. It is caused by a variety of factors, including inadequate infrastructure, poor handling practices, and consumer behavior.
29 September – World Heart Day
- World Heart Day is observed every year on 29 September.
- Objective – To raise awareness about heart disease and promote preventive measures to combat cardiovascular diseases.
- Theme 2023 – Use Heart, Know Heart
- The concept of a global World Heart Day was introduced by Antoni Baie de Luna, former President of the World Heart Federation. With collaboration from the World Health Organization, World Heart Day was officially established in 1999.
- The first official celebration took place on September 24, 2000. For over a decade, World Heart Day was observed on the last Sunday of September.
Father of India’s Green Revolution, MS Swaminathan dies at 98
- S. Swaminathan, the renowned Indian agricultural scientist and the driving force behind India’s Green Revolution, passed away at the age of 98.
- Known as the “Father of Economic Ecology” by the United Nations Environment Programme, Swaminathan’s groundbreaking work in the 1960s and 1970s revolutionized Indian agriculture, helping the country to stave off widespread famine and achieve self-sufficiency in food production.
- Swaminathan’s pioneering efforts involved the development and introduction of high-yielding varieties of wheat and rice, which significantly increased food grain production across India.
- In recognition of his monumental contributions, Swaminathan was awarded the first World Food Prize in 1987. He used the prize money to establish the MS Swaminathan Research Foundation in Chennai, further cementing his commitment to sustainable and inclusive agricultural practices
- His other notable accolades include the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 1971 and the Albert Einstein World Science Award in 1986
- He has been also conferred with the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and the Padma Vibhushan also the recipient of the H K Firodia award.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|