Daily Current Affairs 2nd January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
International Year of Millets (IYM) 2023 kick starts on 1 Jan 2023
- The year 2023 is being observed all over the world as the International Year of the millets.
- The Government of India aims to make the International Year of the millets a ‘People’s Movement’ and position India as the ‘Global Hub for Millets’.
- The proposal was accepted and passed by the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly in 2021 and 2023 was declared as the International Year of Millets.
- Central Ministries, States and Indian embassies allocated a focused month in 2023 to carry out various activities for the promotion of the International Year of Millets and increase awareness about the benefits of millets.
- January 2023 is the focused month for the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs and the States of Chhattisgarh, Mizoram, and Rajasthan for conducting events and activities.
- The Ministry has planned 15 activities over 15 days in January which include engaging sports persons, nutritionists and fitness experts through video messages, and conducting webinars on millets with leading nutritionists, dieticians, and elite athletes.
- India is the largest producer of millets in the world. ‘Millets’ were among the first crops to be domesticated in India.
- The PM of India has also shared his vision to make IYM 2023 a ‘People’s Movement’ alongside positioning India as the ‘Global Hub for Millets.
Amit Shah lays the foundation stone of the Central Detective Training Institute (CDTI) in Karnataka
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah has laid the foundation stone of the Central Detective Training Institute (CDTI) at Devanahalli in Karnataka.
- He also inaugurated the residential and administrative complexes of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- The residential complexes of ITBP inaugurated by Shri Amit Shah include Residential Quarters, Joint Building, Barracks for 120 Jawans, Staff Officers’ Mess and Officers’ Mess.
- This will be the 6th CDTI of the Bureau of Police Research & Development under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs in the country.
- The Devanahalli center of CDTI will serve the forensic needs of the neighbouring States of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa and the Union Territory of Daman-Diu.
About Central Detective Training Institute (CDTI)
- There are five functioning Central Detective Training Institutes (CDTI) in the country under the Bureau of Police Research & Development.
- The first CDTI was set up in Calcutta in 1958. Others are at Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, and Ghaziabad.
- The objective of the CDIT is to provide training to the police personnel up to the Deputy SSP rank.
- The main objective of the in-service training is to improve the standard of crime investigation in this country by familiarizing Police Investigation Officers with the various developments in Forensic Science.
India & Cyprus sign agreement on defence and military cooperation
- India and Cyprus have signed a number of agreements in various areas including on Defence and Military Cooperation between the two countries.
- A Letter of Intent on Migration and Mobility Partnership was also signed to provide a common framework of arrangement and cooperation to facilitate the mobility of students, academics, business people and professionals.
- During his three-day visit to Cyprus, Dr Jaishankar will call on the President of the House of Representatives Annita Demetriou.
- In the second leg of his visit to Austria, Dr. Jaishankar will meet the Austrian Federal Minister for European and International Affairs Alexander Schallenberg.
- According to the External Affairs Ministry, this will be the first External Affairs Minister-level visit from India to Austria in the last 27 years.
- Capital – Nicosia
- Currency – Euro
- President – Nicos Anastasiades
- India and Germany signed Migration and Mobility Agreement
- India & EU signed an agreement for climate, quantum tech
- India signed an agreement with Netherlands to formalize bilateral Fast-Track Mechanism
- India signed an MoU with Japan to advance scientific cooperation for Indian Ayurveda
- India signed 4 MoUs with Cambodia in the areas of culture, wildlife, health
CRPF celebrated Jashn-e-Chillai-Kalan’ with students in Srinagar
- CRPF celebrated ‘Jashn-e-Chillai-Kalan’ with students in Srinagar.
- Chillai-Kalan is the harshest winter period in Kashmir for a period of 40 days starting from 21st December to 29th January every year.
- Many activities such as Badminton, debate, drawing, singing, etc. were organized in the school.
- The program gives them an environment to participate and learn new things. Through these programmes, people of the area and forces develop good and healthy relationships.
Tata Motors to complete acquisition of Ford India’s manufacturing Plant in Jan
- Tata Motors to complete the acquisition of Ford India’s manufacturing plant at Sanand through its subsidiary on 10th January 2023.
- The subsidiary, Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Limited (TPEML), on August 2022, announced that would acquire Ford India Pvt Ltd’s (FIPL) Sanand plant in Gujarat for ₹725.7 crore.
- The acquisition included the entire land and buildings; the vehicle manufacturing plant along with machinery and equipment and transfer of all eligible employees of FIPL’s vehicle manufacturing operations at Sanand.
India’s second longest cable-stayed eight-lane Zuari Bridge opens in Goa
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated the first phase of the New Zuari Bridge across River Zuari connecting Bambolim in North Goa to Verna junction in South Goa.
- Located on NH-17/NH-66 on the Panjim-Mangalore section in the state of Goa, the bridge will reduce the travel time between North and South Goa by minimizing the traffic blockades between the Bambolim-Agasaim-Cortalim-Sancoale to Verna Junction.
Nitin Gadkari in News
- Nitin Gadkari launched Surety Bond Insurance product from Bajaj Allianz
- Nitin Gadkari launched Toyota pilot project on Flex-Fuel Strong Hybrid EV.
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 13 road projects worth Rs 5315 crore in Madhya Pradesh
- Nitin Gadkari announced new projects of 1.6 lakh crores rupees in the North-East India region.
1668 Journalists killed in the last 20 years: Reporters without Borders
- According to Reporters without Borders (RSF), a total of 1,668 journalists have been killed worldwide in connection with their work of journalism over the past two decades (2003–2022), due to murders, contract killings, ambushes, war zone deaths, and fatal injuries.
- The report says that on average every year 80 journalists lost their lives. The total killed since 2000 is 1,787.
- The annual death tolls peaked in 2012 and 2013 with 144 and 142 journalists killed, respectively.
- These peaks, due in large measure to the war in Syria, were followed by a gradual fall and then historically low figures from 2019 onwards.
- During the past two decades, 80% of media fatalities have occurred in 15 countries. The two countries with the highest death tolls are Iraq and Syria, with a combined total of 578 journalists killed in the past 20 years, or more than a third of the worldwide total.
- They are followed by Afghanistan, Yemen, and Palestine. Africa has not been spared, with Somalia coming next.
India assumes the charge of the Wassenaar Arrangement
- India has assumed the chairmanship of the plenary of the Wassenaar Arrangement for one year on 1st January 2023.
- At the 26th annual plenary of the Wassenaar Arrangement, Eoin O’Leary (Ireland’s ambassador) has handed over the chairmanship to Jaideep Mazumdar (India’s ambassador).
- Jaideep Mazumdar is the permanent representative to the UN and international organizations in Vienna.
- India joined the Wassenaar Arrangement (WA) on 08 December 2017 as its 42nd Participating State.
- The Wassenaar Arrangement was established in July 1996 at Wassenaar, Netherlands. It is a voluntary export control regime of 42 member countries.
- The member countries exchange information on transfers of conventional weapons and dual-use goods and technologies.
- The main aim of the Wassenaar agreement is to discourage its member countries from exporting conventional weapons and dual-use goods and technologies to countries which are a threat to global peace.
Banking and Financial
RBI launched Utkarsh 2.0 for the period 2023-2025
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das has launched Utkarsh 2.0, the second phase of the central bank’s medium-term strategy for strengthening regulatory and supervisory mechanisms.
- Utkarsh 2.0 harnesses the strengths of Utkarsh 2022 by retaining the six Vision statements as well as Core Purpose, Values, and Mission statement.
- The first strategy framework (Utkarsh 2022) covering the period 2019-2022 was launched in July 2019. It became a medium-term strategy document guiding the Bank’s progress toward the realization of the identified milestones.
The six vision statements are –
- Excellence in the performance of its statutory and other functions
- Strengthened trust of citizens and institutions in the RBI
- Enhanced relevance and significance in national and global roles
- Transparent, accountable and ethics-driven internal governance
- Best-in-class and environment-friendly digital and physical infrastructure
- Innovative, dynamic and skilled human resources will guide the strategy.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Appointment and Resignation
CRPF Director-General Sujoy Thaosen takes additional charge of BSF
- The Government of India has given the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Director General Sujoy Lal Thaosen the additional charge as Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF).
- He succeeds BSF Director General Pankaj Kumar Singh.
- Thaosen is a 1988 batch officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre and he will hold the ‘additional charge’ of BSF DG till the appointment of a regular DG of BSF or until further orders.
- The about 2.65-lakh-personnel-strong BSF guards more than 6,300 kilometres of the Indian boundary with Pakistan and Bangladesh, apart from rendering a variety of roles in the country’s internal security domain.
Appointment in Defence Sector
- Director General of Police of Rajasthan – Umesh Mishra
- Director General of CISF – Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- Director General of ITBP – Anish Dayal Singh
- Director General of CRPF – Sujoy Lal Thaosen
- Director General of NSG – M A Ganapathy
- Director General of Indian Coast Guard – Virender Singh Pathania
- Director General of Indian Army – General Manoj Pande
- Director General of NCC – Lt. Gen. Gurbirpal Singh
- Director General of Indian Air Force – Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari
- Director General of Indian Navy – Admiral R. Hari Kumar
Dinesh Shukla appointed as Chairman of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board
- Former Executive Director of the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) & Distinguished Scientist, Dinesh Kumar Shukla has been appointed as the Chairman of AERB.
- He has been appointed on this post for a period of three years.
- Dinesh Kumar Shukla is an internationally acclaimed expert in the field of Nuclear Safety.
- The Atomic Energy Regulatory Board was constituted on November 15, 1983, by the President of India by exercising the powers conferred by the Atomic Energy Act, 1962 to carry out certain regulatory and safety functions under the Act.
- The regulatory authority of AERB is derived from the rules and notifications promulgated under the Atomic Energy Act and the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
- The Mission of the AERB is to ensure the use of ionizing radiation and nuclear energy in India does not cause undue risk to the health of people and the environment.
- Head of Maharashtra government advisory council – N Chandrasekaran
- Chairman & MD of MOIL – Ajit Kumar Saxena
- Acting Central Vigilance Commissioner – Praveen K Srivastava
- Engineer-in-Chief of Army – LG Arvind Walia
- Chairman of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) – Santosh Kumar Yadav
- CEO of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) – Ganji Kamala Vardhana Rao
Air Marshal Pankaj Mohan Sinha assumes command of the IAF Western Command
- Air Marshal Pankaj Mohan Sinha has assumed command of the Indian Air Force’s Western Air Command.
- Pankaj Mohan Sinha succeeds Air Marshal S Prabhakaran who superannuated on 31 December 2022 after putting in more than 39 years of distinguished service in the IAF.
- The Air Marshal is a graduate of the National Defence Academy, Pune, and was commissioned into the IAF as a fighter pilot in June 1985. He is an alumnus of the prestigious Defence Services Staff College, Wellington.
Cristiano Ronaldo joined Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr
- Portugal team captain Cristiano Ronaldo has joined Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr on a two-and-a-half-year contract.
- The 37-year-old Ronaldo signed the deal, which is believed to be worth more than 200 million euros, which will continue till June 2025.
- Ronaldo will move to Saudi Arabia after a stellar spell at Spanish club Real Madrid from 2009 to 2018, winning two La Liga titles, two Spanish Cups, four Champions League titles, and three Club World Cups.
About Al Nassr
- Al-Nassr is a club from Saudi Arabia that competes in the Saudi Pro League. It is one of the most successful teams in the country. It was formed in 1955.
- Al-Nasr, nicknamed Al-Alami or Faris Najd, is located in the capital city of Riyadh. It is formally managed by Rudi Garcia of Roma, Marseille and Lyon.
1 January – Global Family Day
- Global Family Day is celebrated every year on January 1.
- Objective – To share positivity and strive for peace.
- The day creates a sense of unity, community and brotherhood across nations and cultures through the idea of families.
- It was 1999 when members of the United Nations were invited to organize a celebration of Global Family Day on January 1, as mentioned in the book ‘One Day in Peace.
- While the annual celebrations of Global Family Day did not begin on January 1, 2000, as mentioned in Silverstein’s novel, it began a year later and has continued ever since.
Former Pope Benedict XVI passed away
- Former Pope Benedict XVI passed away recently in the Mater Ecclesiae Monastery in the Vatican.
- He was 95 years old.
- The head of the Catholic Church, former Pope Benedict, was the first pope in 600 years to resign. He resigned in 2013 and was replaced by the present pope Francis.
- Pope Benedict was the first German to become pope in 1000 years. He was the head of Vatican City from 19 April 2005 until his resignation on 28 February 2013.
- He was born as Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger on April 16, 1927, in the southern German village of Marktl, close to Austria.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|