Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 2nd October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Ayush Board to be formed in Uttar Pradesh
- During a meeting of the Ayush department, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath provided directions for the formation of an integrated Ayush Board in the state.
- The board is for the management of institutions related to Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy, Siddha, Naturopathy, and Yoga practices, as well as the registration of doctors associated with these methods.
- At present three separate boards are operating regarding Ayurvedic, Unani and Homeopathy medical practices. It is now necessary to integrate all these under one board, giving them a unified look.
- This will not only streamline the establishment and development of new institutions but will also simplify the registration process for qualified doctors.
D Pradhan launch Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav and Technology Summit
- Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan has launched Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav and Technology & Bharatiya Bhasha Summit in New Delhi.
- The summit will focus on the integration of technology in promoting Bharatiya Bhasha, including its role in teaching, examination, and translating educational materials.
- The government has proposed to celebrate the birthday of renowned Tamil poet and freedom fighter Mahakavi Chinnaswami Subramania Bharati as Bharatiya Bhasha Divas on 11th December.
- The Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav which began on 28th September will conclude on 11th December making it a 75-day-long celebration.
- The summit, organized as part of the Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav encompasses three thematic sessions first is Technology ‘FOR’ Bharatiya Languages, Technology ‘IN’ Bharatiya Languages, and Technology ‘THROUGH’ Bharatiya Languages.
Bihar to get second tiger reserve in Kaimur district
- After the Valmiki Tiger Reserve (VTR) in West Champaran district, Bihar is set to get a second tiger reserve in Kaimur district (Kaimur Wildlife Sanctuary) by the end of the year or early 2024.
- The total tiger count in the State currently is 54.
- A report from the NTCA said that the tiger population in the Valmiki reserve has increased from 31 in 2018 to 54.
- Capital – Patna
- Chief Minister – Nitish Kumar
- Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
Dr Jitendra Singh launches Capacity Building Plan for Govt employees
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Jitendra Singh has launched the Capacity Building Plan for Government Employees at the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) Headquarters in New Delhi.
- The Capacity Building Scheme is a new initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to train officers and rationalize the deployment of officers and staff based on skills and acquired competencies.
- The Minister called for updating and revising various training modules under this Scheme as Artificial Intelligence is going to impact work culture. The Capacity Building Commission Chairman, Adil Zainulbhai informed the Minister that 700 courses have been introduced on the iGOT platform.
PM Modi launches Sankalp Saptaah
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a week-long program called “Sankalp Saptah” for aspirational blocks in New Delhi.
- Sankalp Saptaah’ is linked to the effective implementation of the Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP).
- The nationwide programme was launched by the PM on January 7, 2023. It aims to improve governance at the block level in order to enhance the quality of life of citizens.
- It is being implemented in 500 Aspirational Blocks across 329 districts in the country. To implement the Aspirational Blocks Programme and to prepare an effective block development strategy, chintan shivirs were organized at village and block levels across the country.
- ‘Sankalp Saptaah’ will be observed in all of the 500 Aspirational Blocks. Each day in ‘Sankalp Saptaah’, starting from October 3 till October 9, 2023, is dedicated to a specific development theme on which all Aspirational Blocks will work.
- About three thousand panchayat and block-level representatives and officials from across the country will participate in this program to be held at Bharat Mandapam in the national capital.
PM Modi in News
- PM inaugurated ‘International Lawyers’ Conference 2023’ in New Delhi
- PM Modi laid foundation stone for Lord Shiva-themed Stadium in Varanasi, UP
- PM Modi laid foundation of Sant Ravidas temple in Madhya Pradesh
- PM Modi launched ‘Bhartiya Vastra Evam Shilp Kosh’ E-Portal
- PM Modi launched “Urea Gold” in Rajasthan
Banking and Financial
RBI’s Swaminathan J chairs 28th Advisory Committee meeting in Lucknow
- 28th Meeting of the Standing Advisory Committee to review the flow of credit to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises – MSME sector was held under the chairmanship of RBI Deputy Governor Swaminathan J, in Lucknow.
- Emphasizing the significant role of the MSME sector, particularly in the context of the goal of attaining developed economy status by 2047, the RBI Deputy Governor stressed the need for collaborative efforts on the part of all stakeholders to unlock the full potential of MSMEs.
- He also highlighted various initiatives taken by the Reserve Bank such as the Account Aggregator framework, the digital Public Tech Platform to enable delivery of frictionless credit and the regulatory sandbox on MSME lending.
- The meeting was attended by Senior Officials from Ministry of MSME, Ministry of Finance, Senior Management of major banks and NABARD, senior executives of Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises, National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Limited, Khadi and Village Industries Commission, Indian Banks’ Association and MSME Associations.
SIDBI to launch app-based ‘invoice financing’ loans platform
- With an aim to enhance the economic and financial sustainability of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) is in the process of launching an app-based ‘invoice financing’ loans platform ‘GST Sahay’.
- The MSMEs are vital for the economic growth and development of India. They (MSMEs) create jobs and contribute enormously to the socio-economic development of the country.
- Although several measures for the MSMEs have been taken in the past few years by the government, the crunch in working capital credit is one of the major issues for them. Now, SIDBI is in the process of launching an app-based ‘invoice financing’ loans platform for them.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- Founded – 2 April 1990
- Headquarters – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Chairman & MD – Siva S Ramann
Appointment and Resignation
Saugata Gupta appointed as ASCI Chairman
- Saugata Gupta, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Marico Ltd, has been appointed new Chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Gupta’s association with ASCI spans several years, including two years on the Board of Governors and four years as a special invitee on the Board of Governors.
- Partha Sinha, president of response, Bennett Coleman & Company Limited, was elected vice chairman, and Sudhanshu Vats, deputy managing director, Pidilite Industries Ltd, was appointed honorary treasurer.
About the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)
- The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) is a voluntary self-regulatory organization of the advertising industry in India. Established in 1985, ASCI is registered as a non-profit company under section 25 of the Company Act.
- ASCI is committed to the cause of self-regulation in advertising, ensuring the protection of the interest of consumers.
- ASCI seeks to ensure that advertisements conform to its Code for Self-Regulation, which requires advertisements to be legal, decent, honest and truthful, and not hazardous or harmful while observing fairness in competition.
Dinesh Dasa appointed as member of UPSC
- Former Gujarat Public Service Commission Chief Dinesh Dasa took oath as UPSC member.
- He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by UPSC chairman Manoj Soni.
- Dasa holds a Ph.D in forest laws and sustainable development from Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar. He has been the chairman of Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) from February 2016 to January 2022.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), which conducts civil services examination to select officers of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others, is headed by a chairman and it can have a maximum of 10 members. With Dasa’s appointment, there exists a vacancy of four members.
- A UPSC member is appointed for a term of six years or until attaining 65 years of age.
- Dasa was also chairman, Drafting Committee to prepare model syllabus and exam pattern for civil service exams across the states.
- Chairman of Media Research Users Council India – Shailesh Gupta
- Vice Chairman of Media Research Users Council India – Shashank Srivastava
- President of Intel India – Gokul Subramaniam (replace Nivruti Rai)
- Chairman of Tata Advanced Systems – Banmali Agarwal
- Secretary of Dept. of Biotechnology – Rajesh S Gokhale
K.N. Shanth Kumar elected Chairman of Press Trust of India Board
- N. Shanth Kumar of The Printers (Mysore) Pvt. Ltd was elected Chairman of the Press Trust of India’s Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Shanth Kumar replaces Aveek Sarkar, who served as Chairman for two consecutive terms.
- Shanth Kumar’s election took place at a meeting of PTI’s Board of Directors following their Annual General Meeting at the news agency’s headquarters in New Delhi.
- The Board also elected Praveen Someshwar, the Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Times, as the Vice-Chairman.
- Advisor to PM Modi – Amit Khare (reappointment)
- CEO of Penguin Random House – Nihar Malviya (replace Marcus Dohle)
- Chairman of Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) – Dhananjay Joshi (replace Akhil Gupta)
- Vice Chairman of Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) – Sandeep Girotra
- 1st Woman Army Surgeon in Para Commando – Payal Chhabra
Iran launched Noor 3 satellite into orbit
- Iran has successfully launched an imaging satellite ‘Noor 3’ into space,
- The Noor-3 satellite had been put in an orbit 450km above the Earth’s surface.
- The aerospace arm of Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, which has had success in launching satellites in the past, had carried out the most recent launch.
- Capital – Tehran
- Currency – Rial
- President – Ebrahim Raisi
India wins gold medal in women’s 25m pistol team event
- The Indian women’s 25m pistol team consisting of Manu Bhaker, Esha Singh, and Rhythm Sangwan secured a gold medal at the Asian Games.
- The trio achieved a total score of 1759, claiming the top spot of the podium.
- Chinese team secured the silver medal with a total score of 1756, while South Korea’s shooters secured the bronze medal for the third position with an overall score of 1742.
- Another Indian trio consisting of Ashi Chouksey, Manini Koushik, and Sift Kaur Samra secured a silver medal in the women’s 50m rifle 3 position event.
- The Indian team secured a total of 1764 points in the qualification round, finishing second place on the podium.
- While China won the gold medal with an aggregate score of 1773, and South Korea secured the bronze medal with a total score of 1756.
2 October 2023 – World Habitat Day
- World Habitat Day is observed every year on the first Monday of October. This year World Habitat Day was observed on 2nd October.
- World Habitat Day is celebrated to raise awareness of the importance of having a habitat or a home of our own and discuss important aspects of them, with reference to the impact they have on us.
- Theme 2023 – Resilient Urban Economies: Cities as Drivers of Growth and Recovery
- In 1986, the first World Habitat Day was celebrated in Nairobi, Kenya. The theme of that year’s World Habitat Day was – Shelter is my right.
2 October – International Day of Non-Violence
- The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on October 2 every year, and is dedicated to honouring Gandhian principles.
- The day is observed on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and reflects upon his philosophy and commitment to non-violence as a means of social and political change.
- Gandhi’s birth anniversary holds immense importance due to his central role in India’s fight for Independence from British rule. Guided by non-violence and peaceful resistance, he inspired millions of Indians to achieve Independence through peaceful protests, boycotts, and hunger strikes.
- The roots of this day can be traced back to a proposal made by Iranian Nobel laureate Shirin Ebadi in 2004. The idea to observe non-violence day globally found resonance at the World Social Forum in Mumbai.
- In June 2007, the United Nations General Assembly unanimously declared October 2 as the International Day of Non-Violence. The resolution emphasized the dissemination of the message of non-violence through education and public awareness.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|