Daily Current Affairs 30th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Indian Army inaugurated first-ever two-storey 3-D printed dwelling unit in Ahmedabad
- The Indian Army inaugurated its first 3-D Printed House Dwelling Unit (with Ground plus One configuration) for soldiers at Ahmedabad Cantt.
- The dwelling unit has been constructed by the Military Engineering Services (MES) in collaboration with MiCoB Pvt. Ltd. incorporating the latest 3D Rapid Construction Technology.
- Construction work of the dwelling unit measuring 71 sqm with garage space was completed in just 12 weeks by utilizing the 3D printed foundation, walls, and slabs.
- The disaster-resilient structures comply with Zone-3 earthquake specifications and green building norms. The 3-D printed houses are symbolic of the modern-day rapid construction efforts to cater for growing accommodation requirements of the Armed Forces personnel.
- This structure also stands testament to the commitment of Indian Army in fostering the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- The technique utilizes a concrete 3D printer that accepts a computerized three-dimensional design and fabricates a 3-D structure in a layer-by-layer manner by extruding a specialized type of concrete specifically designed for the purpose.
India-assisted Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Project handed over to Bhutan’s Druk Green Power Corp
- The India-assisted 720 Megawatts Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Power Project has been handed to Druk Green Power Corporation (DGPC) in Bhutan.
- The handover was held in Thimphu in a ceremony that was witnessed by Bhutan’s Minister of Economic Affairs Lyonpo Loknath Sharma and India’s Ambassador to Bhutan, Sudhakar Dalela.
- The 720 MW project Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Power Project was jointly inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bhutanese counterpart Lotay Tshering in 2019.
- The commissioning of the project has increased Bhutan’s Electrical Power Generation Capacity by 44 percent and it is now at 2,326 Mega Watts.
- The commissioning of Mangdechhu Hydropower Project led to an increase of 31 percent in hydropower revenues of Bhutan in 2020. In 2021, Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Power Project exported electricity worth Rs 12.13 billion to India, increasing Bhutan’s electricity exports to Rs 24.43 billion.
- Capital – Thimphu
- Currency – Bhutanese Ngultrum
- Prime Minsiter- Lotay Tshering
World-class Kayaking-Canoeing Academy to be set up in Tehri, Uttarakhand
- Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy RK Singh announced to set up a world-class Kayaking-Canoeing Academy in Tehri, Uttarakhand.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has also inaugurated the National Championship “Tehri Water Sports Cup” at Tehri Lake.
- In this academy, the youth of Uttarakhand will be prepared to play at the national and international level by providing all the facilities along with free training.
- The new sports policy has been implemented in the state and the government has also announced the re-implementation of the sports quota in jobs.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- RK Singh has launched the Green Energy Open Access portal
- RK Singh inaugurated Mobile Health Clinics ‘Doctor Apke Dwar’
- Dharmendra Pradhan released the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated India’s second Srijagannath Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya
Government extends free import of Urad and Tur pulses till March 2024
- The government of India has extended the free import of Urad and Tur pulses by one more year to 31 March 2024.
- Earlier in March 2022 the government had allowed free import of tur and urad till 31 march 2023. Now importers can import any quantity of urad and tur dal without any quantitative restrictions.
- The government has taken this step to ensure adequate domestic supply in the country and to control the prices of these pulses.
- Inflation in pulses in November 2022 was 3.15% on year. Modal retail prices of tur and urad according to the department of consumer affairs data on Wednesday rose to Rs 110/kg and Rs 115/kg respectively from Rs 100/kg for both varieties of pulses six month back.
- India’s pulses production rose by close to 9% to 27.75 million tonnes (MT) in the 2021-22 crop year (July-June) compared to previous year. India is largely self-sufficient in chana production which has a share of 50% of the total pulses production.
India grants permission to NEA to export additional 40 megawatts of electricity
- India has given permission to the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) to export additional 40 megawatts of electricity from two more hydroelectric projects.
- According to NEA, the Central Electricity Authority of India has approved the sale of surplus power from two more hydropower projects – 25 MW Kabeli B-1 and 20 MW Lower Modi – at competitive rates in the Indian energy market.
- With this, 452.6 MW surplus power can be exported to India from 10 hydropower projects.
- NEA has stopped the export of surplus power to India from 19 December as generation from river-based hydroelectric power stations has reduced.
- NEA has generated a net income of Rs 11.16 billion by trading 1.36 billion units of surplus power at a competitive rate in the Indian energy market till 18 December.
- The current electricity demand of Nepal stands at around 1,680 MW, while the domestic production is 1,000 MW.
- Capital- Kathmandu
- Currency- Nepalese rupee
- President– Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Prime minister– Sher Bahadur Deuba
Department of Posts launched Online request Transfer Portal for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- The Department of Posts under the Ministry of Communications has launched an ‘Online request Transfer Portal’ for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
- The entire transfer process, from the stage of seeking applications, approval, and issuing transfer orders, has now been made paperless and simple through this portal.
- The Department of Posts has the largest network of Post Offices in the world consisting of more than 1,56,000 Post Offices across India, out of which more than 1,31,000 Branch Post Offices (BOs) are in rural areas, where the Postal facilities are rendered through Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
- The online process will also result in saving time and resources. The transfer of more than five thousand Gramin Dak Sevaks has been approved today through the online portal.
Amit Shah launched the “Prahari app” of the Border Security Force
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah has launched the Mobile App ‘Prahari’ of the Border Security Force (BSF) in New Delhi.
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai, and Director General of BSF Pankaj Kumar Singh were amongst those dignitaries present on the occasion.
- The BSF ‘Prahari’ app is a great example of Proactive Governance. “Now jawans can get personal information and information related to accommodation, Ayushmann-CAPF and leaves on their mobiles.
- Be it GPF, Bio Data or grievance redressal on Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System” (CP-GRAMS) or information on various welfare schemes, now Jawans can get all this information through the app and this app will also connect them with the portal of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The BSF was raised on 1 December 1965 after the India-Pakistan war of 1965. It is a border force which is deployed along the International border with Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Recent Inauguration by Amit Shah
- Amit Shah inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 4 projects worth over Rs 6,600 cr in Faridabad
- Amit Shah inaugurated Dairy Cooperative Conclave in Gangtok, Sikkim
- Amit Shah inaugurated SP conference at Dergaon in Assam
- Amit Shah lays foundation stone of new terminal building of Gwalior airport
- Amit Shah launched first Hindi version of MBBS course books in Bhopal
- Amit Shah inaugurated ‘Gatha Swaraj Ki’ gallery in Scindia Museum, Gwalior
- Amit Shah laid the foundation stone and inaugurated Jal Jeevan Mission projects worth Rs 43,000 crores for 3,143 villages in Madhya Pradesh
Indian Oil embarks on TB Elimination Project in UP and Chhattisgarh
- Indian Oil has signed an MoU with the Central TB Division (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare), Uttar Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh to undertake intensified TB elimination project.
- The MoU bolsters Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to end Tuberculosis in India by 2025, five years ahead of the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG).
- This ambitious campaign will follow a multi-pronged approach to ensure early identification of presumptive TB and prompt detection using diagnostic tests at the doorstep.
- The drive also aims to offer sustainable and equitable access to free TB treatment, care, and support services to the people of Uttar Pradesh and Chhatisgarh.
- It also aims to provide sustainable and equitable access to free TB treatment, and support services to the citizens of UP and Chhattisgarh.
- Indian Oil has emerged as the first corporate to supplement state efforts in Active Case Finding campaign (ACF) by investing close to Rs. 64 crore in all 75 districts of UP, covering approximately 10% of its population once a year for three years.
- Every year March 24 is observed as World Tuberculosis Day in the world.
Dhanu Yatra’ began in Odisha’s Bargar
- The ‘Dhanu Yatra’ festival, the largest open-air theatre festival began after a gap of two years, in Bargarh in Odisha. The Festival is being held from December 27 to Jan 6, 2023.
- The vibrant Dhanu Yatra is associated with the culture of Odisha.
- Several artists from 130 cultural troupes from across the country are scheduled to perform during the festival.
Dhanu Yatra Festival
- Dhanu Yatra, the eleven-day-long annual extravaganza places Bargarh in the Cultural Map of India. It is at par with the standard of Odishan Heritage and culture.
- It is an open-air theatre festival stretching more than 5 square K.M and comprising a village and a town in between. The cast too is lengthy, virtually every villager has a role to play and for the entire eleven days, the people of Bargarh oblige what King Kansa orders and not to the District Administration.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Popular Festivals of Odisha
- Chhau Festival
- Konark Dance Festival
- Bali Jatra Festival
- Raja parba Festival
- Nuakhai Festival
- Boita Bandana Festival
- Sital Sasthi Festival
Tamil Nadu government sets up Nilgiri Tahr conservation project
- The Tamil Nadu government has launched an initiative for the conservation of the Nilgiri Tahr (the State animal) at a cost of Rs 25.14 crore.
- Objective – To develop a better understanding of the Nilgiri Tahr population through surveys and radio telemetry studies; reintroduce the Tahrs to their historical habitat.
- The initiative was conceived in line with Project Tiger and Project Elephant. “Project Tiger has literally saved the tiger species from going extinct in the wild.
- Tamil Nadu is one of the important tiger range states with a sizable population and five tiger reserves. Likewise, at state level, we want to do focussed conservation of Nilgiri Tahr, which finds a mention even in Sangam literature.
- Nilgiris Tahr (Nilgiritragus hylocrius), endemic to the Western ghats and locally known as ‘Varaiaadu’.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
Telangana government launched 10th phase of Rythu Bandh
- Telangana government has launched the 10th phase of Rythu Bandhu, the investment support scheme for farmers.
- Under this phase, 7,676 crores will be deposited in the bank accounts of over 70 lakh 54 thousand farmers towards investment support for the Rabi crop season.
- On the first day, over 607 crore rupees was deposited in the accounts of over 21 farmers holding up to one acre of land. The investment support is being disbursed at a rate of 5000 rupees per acre.
- The assistance for 1.53 crore acres will be provided during this season. Through the Rythu Bandhu scheme, the state government is providing crop investment to the farmers at the rate of ten thousand rupees per acre for both Kharif and Rabi seasons.
- Capital – Hyderabad
- Chief Minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
Recent Telangana govt schemes/apps/portals
- Aasara’ pension Scheme
- Urban Forest Park’ Mobile App
- Mana Ooru Mana Badi programme
- Nethanna Bima scheme
- Nethanna Ku Bima Scheme
Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina inaugurated first Metro rail in Dhaka
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has flagged off the first metro rail in Dhaka for its first journey between Diabari and Agargaon station.
- This is part of the ambitious Bangladesh project of Mass Rapid Transit to be completed by 2030.
- The approximately 12-kilometer-long metro route which was opened today will connect Diabari to Agargaon station in Dhaka.
- Ten pairs of trains with 6 six coaches each will run on this route initially for 4 hours carrying about 5 lakh passengers daily.
- The first high-speed rail service with a top speed of 110 kilometers per hour. It is also the first time that Bangladesh will be running an electric train in the country which is environmentally safe.
- Built with financial and technical support from Japan, the metro rail network after completion in 2030 will cover a total length of 129 kilometres out of which 61 kilometres will be underground.
- This is part of the ambitious Bangladesh project of Mass Rapid Transit to be completed by 2030, that will cover a total length of 129 kilometres out of which 61 kilometres will be underground.
- Capital– Dhaka
- Currency – Taka
- President – Mohammad Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
Chhattisgarh police ‘Nijaat’ campaign gets IACP 2022 Award
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), the US-based international organization has selected the anti-drug & illicit liquor campaign ‘Nijaat’ of Chhattisgarh police for ‘Leadership in Crime Prevention’ in the institutional category.
- The campaign was launched by the Chhattisgarh police under the leadership of the IPS officer Santosh Kumar Singh.
- The drive took the onus to wipe out the abuse of illicit drugs, narcotics, and bootlegging while simultaneously preventing its smuggling or trading.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Brazil’s legendary footballer Pele passed away
- Brazilian football legend Pele, who won a record three World Cups passed away at the age of 82.
- Widely regarded as one of soccer’s greatest players, Pele is credited with scoring a world record 1,281 goals in 1,363 appearances during a 21-year career, including 77 goals in 92 matches for his country.
- The only player to win the World Cup three times, lifting the trophy in 1958, 1962 and 1970, Pele was named Fifa’s Player of the Century in 2000.
- Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as Pelé, became a global star when, at the age of 17, he helped Brazil win the 1958 World Cup in Sweden.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|