Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 31st October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Jagdeep Dhankar inaugurates Higashi Autism School in New Delhi
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar has called for the convergence of all efforts to ensure a life of dignity for children with special needs.
- The Higashi Autism School has been set up in collaboration with Musashino Higashi Gakuen School of Japan.
- The school aims to provide autistic students education in individualized 1:1 teaching as well as in small group classes of six students each.
- The school is India’s first, and world’s third autism school, run by the Higashi Trust.
Goa CM Pramod Sawant launches ‘Swayampurna e-bazaar’
- Goa Government has launched the Swayampurna e-bazaar online platform to give market to different kinds of products made by self-help groups and women.
- The Swayampurna e-bazaar is an extension of the successful Swayampurna Chavath Bazar.
- Goan entrepreneurs and self-help groups can contact 9262626262 to join this platform and sell their products online, One can also shop via goaebazaar.com, thereby supporting rural Goans’ artisans and craftsmanship.
- Formation – 30 May 1987
- Capital – Panaji
- Chief Minister – Pramod Sawant
- Governor – S. Sreedharan Pillai
PM Modi dedicated projects worth ₹5950 Crore in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated various developmental projects in Gujarat’s Mehsana district, valued at ₹5,950 crore.
- The development works include the inauguration of two railway projects in Mehsana and Ahmedabad districts, including a 77-km long western dedicated freight corridor section and double tracks of 182-km railway line from Viramgam to Samkhiali.
- The prime minister also launched a project of the Gujarat Railway Infrastructure Development Corporation that will benefit companies operating within the Mandal-Becharaji Special Investment Zone.
- He also dedicated projects related to the recharging of lakes and construction of a barrage on the Sabarmati River, and Panam reservoir-based lift irrigation project in Mahisagar district.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurated 7th Edition of Indian Mobile Congress
- PM Modi chairs meeting of 43rd edition of PRAGATI
- PM Modi launched Bengaluru Metro’s Purple Line operations
- PM Modi launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras in Maharashtra
- PM Modi released a new Garba song titled “Maadi”.
- PM inaugurated 3rd edition of Global Maritime India Summit 2023
Kerala becomes first state with Hallmarking Centers in every district
- With the inauguration of a hallmarking centre in Idukki, Kerala became the first state in India to have hallmarking centres in all 14 districts.
- The opening of hallmarking centres across the districts will make Kerala a hub of gold business and further strengthen its claim to being the most reliable market in the country to buy gold ornaments.
- The gold business in Kerala is worth more than ₹1 lakh crore with annual sales of around 250 tonnes. There are about 12,000 gold merchants in the State with the majority holding BIS registration.
- Though BIS hallmarking was applicable only to pieces above 2 grams in weight, gold merchants gave hallmarking and hallmarking unique identification numbers even for pieces with weight below two grams.
- However, there are some practical difficulties involved in getting single pieces hallmarked. Hallmarking was now done on a collection of pieces submitted to the centre for hallmarking. But there were situations in which the buyer might require only a custom-made single piece like a gold ring.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
FATF removes Cayman Islands from its ‘Grey List’
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has removed offshore tax haven Cayman Islands from its ‘grey list’.
- Besides Cayman, Panama, Jordan, and Albania have been removed from the list, which requires jurisdictions to be placed under increased monitoring until the identified deficiencies are resolved in their framework.
- FATF has added Bulgaria in the grey list.
- Cayman was added to the grey list in 2021. The Caribbean Island was in the news during the probe into charges made by Hindenburg Research against the Adani group. Some foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) linked to the investigation were domiciled there.
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is an inter-governmental body responsible for setting international standards to combat money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing.
The FATF’s Grey List
- The FATF maintains a ‘grey list,’ which consists of jurisdictions that do not meet the organization’s anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorism financing (CFT), and proliferation financing standards.
- Countries placed on this list are subject to increased monitoring until identified deficiencies in their regulatory frameworks are resolved.
About Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- Founded – 1989
- Headquarters – Paris, France
- Membership – 39
- President – T Raja Kumar (Singapore)
Banking and Financial
Fincare SFB to merge with AU Small Finance Bank
- Fincare Small Finance Bank (Fincare SFB) is set to merge with AU Small Finance Bank (AU SFB) from 1 February 2024.
- As per the terms of the merger, the share exchange ratio for the amalgamation shall be 579 equity shares of face value of ₹10 each of AU SFB for every 2,000 equity shares of face value of ₹10 each of Fincare SFB.
- Following the transaction, it is expected that existing shareholders of Fincare SFB will maintain approximately 9.9% ownership in AU SFB.
- Fincare Small Finance Bank, a digitally enabled small finance bank, offers a broad range of deposit and asset solutions to its customers, with a total customer base of approximately 54 lakh.
- It has 1,292 banking branches in 23 states and Union territories and is expected to have a total branch count of 2,334 by the completion of the merger.
- The merged entity is expected to serve approximately 98 lakh customers and employ around 43,000 people by the end of September 2023, with a combined balance sheet size of more than Rs 1,1 lakh crores.
Bank of Baroda introduces BoB LITE Savings Account
- Bank of Baroda has launched the Bob LITE Savings Account, a lifetime zero-balance savings bank account, as part of its festive campaign.
- Bob LITE offers customers a hassle-free banking experience without any minimum balance requirement.
- The account also includes a lifetime free RuPay Platinum Debit Card for account holders who maintain a nominal Quarterly Average Balance (QAB) in the account. Additionally, eligible account holders can avail of a lifetime free credit card.
- The BoB LITE Savings Account with the dual objective of making banking more accessible with an account that has minimal charges, while also adding more joy to our customers during this festive season.
- The account can be opened by any resident individual, including minors above the age of 10 years. bob LITE opens the doors to the formal banking ecosystem for a new generation of aspiring Indians and aims to fulfill their previously unmet banking needs.
Recent Facilities Launched in Banking & Insurance Sector
- RBL Bank launched GO Savings Account
- HDFC Bank launched XpressWay digital platform for Swift Loans
- Federal Bank launched the ‘Mookkannoor Mission’ initiative at its founder’s village
- ICICI Bank launched ‘iFinance, a One-Stop Solution
- Yes Bank becomes first lender to offer ‘ONDC Network Gift Card’
AU Small Finance Bank launches ‘Planet First-AU Green Fixed Deposit’
- AU Small Finance Bank has introduced its first Green Fixed Deposit called Planet First – AU Green Fixed Deposit.
- This innovative financial product has been meticulously crafted to direct its entire proceeds towards bolstering renewable and environmentally friendly initiatives, such as solar power generation and electric mobility solutions.
- Introducing the Planet First – AU Green Fixed Deposit, presenting an appealing interest rate reaching up to 8.50 percent, requiring a minimum investment of just ₹5,000.
- This innovative opportunity enables both existing and new customers of AU Small Finance Bank to effortlessly secure their Green Fixed Deposit via Video Banking, the AU 0101 App, NetBanking, or by visiting their nearest AU Small Finance Bank branch.
About AU Small Finance Bank Limited
- Founded – 1996
- Founder – Sanjay Agarwal
- Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan
- MD & CEO – Sanjay Agarwal
- Tagline – Chalo Aage Badhein
Nita Ambani receives USISPF Global Leadership Award
- Founder and Chairperson of Reliance Foundation, Nita Ambani was honored with the 2023 USISPF Global Leadership Award for Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- The award was presented by John Chambers, Chairman of USISPF, at a reception in New Delhi attended by prominent figures from the USISPF, Indian business leaders, and Government of India officials.
- Nita Ambani, an acclaimed philanthropist and businesswoman, has impacted millions of lives in India through Reliance Foundation’s initiatives in education, arts, sports, and healthcare.
- She champions women’s and children’s causes, contributing significantly to bridging the gender divide and enhancing women’s roles in India’s economy.
- Global Teacher Prize 2023 – West Bengal’s Teacher Deep Narayan Nayak
- Title of ‘Chevalier dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres’ by the French govt – Richa Chadha
- National Medal of Technology and Innovation Award by US President – Ashok Gadgil and Subra Suresh
- Global Leadership Award by the Harvard Law School – CJI DY Chandrachud
- Golden Peacock Award – REC Limited
Book & Author
Raghuram Rajan’s new book ‘Breaking the Mould’
- Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan’s new book ‘Breaking the Mould’ will be released on December 7.
- Rajan’s latest book, written in collaboration with fellow economist Rohit Lamba, will discuss the future of India’s economic development.
- The book is being published by Penguin Random House India.
- The former central banker’s latest book – his third since he exited the RBI governor’s office in September 2016.
- The Book of Life: My Dance with Buddha for Success- Vivek Agnihotri
- The Day I Became a Runner – S Chattopadhyay
- Tales from the Home of Wags & Wiggles – V Raghavan
- The Autobiography of God – Leena Kumar
- The Fire on the Ganges: Life Among the Dead in Banaras – Radhika Iyengar
- Irrfan: A life in Movies – Shubhra Gupta
PM Modi released 3 books at Tulsi Peeth in Chitrakoot
- PM Modi has released three books named Panini Ashtadhyayi Bhashya, Ramanandacharya Charitam, and Rashtraleela of Lord Shri Krishna, written by Rambhadracharya Maharaj.
- Ashtadhyayi is a thousands-year-old text of India’s linguistics, India’s intellectuality, and our research culture.”
- Tulsi Peeth is an important religious and social service institution in Chitrakoot, MP established by Jagadguru Rambhadracharya in 1987.
- It is one of the leading publishers of Hindu religious literature.
31 October – National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- National Unity Day, also known as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ is celebrated every year on October 31 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India’s first Home Minister.
- For his iron will and nerves of steel, he earned the title ‘Iron Man of India’. For his astute leadership and compassion, his people lovingly called him Sardar.
- The Narendra Modi government has been observing Sardar Patel’s birth anniversary as the “Rashtriya Ekta Diwas” since 2014.
- Patel was born on October 31, 1875 in Gujarat’s Nadiad. He is credited for the merger of over 560 princely states into the Union of India.
30 October – World Thrift Day
- World Thrift Day or World Savings Day is celebrated every year on 30 October.
- Objective – To raise awareness to people about their financial security, savings, and freedom.
- Theme 2023 – Preparing for the future through saving
- In 1934, at the first International Savings Bank Congress, Filipo Ravizza – an Italian professor – proposed the idea of World Thrift Day.
- This day and the awareness it raised gained more prominence and understanding between 1955 to 1970 as people started watching the horror of the two World Wars and became increasingly conscious about their financial security and savings.
30 Oct To 5 Nov 2023 – Vigilance Awareness Week 2023
- Central Vigilance Commission is observing Vigilance Awareness Week 2023 from 30 October to 5 November.
- Every year Vigilance Awareness Week is observed as an outreach measure to create greater awareness about the importance of integrity and ethics in public life.
- Theme 2023 – Say no to corruption; Commit to the Nation.
- The Commission had sought the participation of all Central Government authorities and organisations to undertake a three month campaign (16th August to 15th November) on preventive vigilance activities as focus areas.
- As a means of eliciting public participation while also disseminating information on vigilance matters, the Commission has launched a quiz on vigilance matters.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|