Daily Current Affairs 3rd April 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
2nd G20 Employment Working Group meeting begins in Guwahati
- The second G20 Employment Working Group (EWG) meeting began in Guwahati, Assam.
- The EWG Summit will focus on three key areas of global skill gaps; gig and platform economy and social protection and sustainable financing of social security.
- Foreign delegates, members from 19 member countries and guest countries, have started arriving in Guwahati. Apart from this, members of some other international organizations will also participate in the meeting.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- First Employment Working Group (EWG) Meeting – Jodhpur (2 – 4 February 2023)
- 2nd Tourism Working Group (TWG) Meeting – Siliguri & Darjeeling, West Bengal (1-3 April 2023)
- First G20 Disaster Risk Reduction Working Group Meeting – Gandhinagar, Gujarat (30 March – 1 April 2023)
- 2nd G20 Sherpas Meeting – Kumarakom, Kerala (30 March to 2 April 2023)
Sarbananda Sonowal launched Sagar Setu Mobile App
- Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal has launched the App Version of National Logistics Portal (Marine) Sagar-Setu in New Delhi.
- The app has been envisaged with deliverables covering features like a Login Module, Letter of Credit, Bank Guarantee, Certification, and Track & Trace etc.
- It will provide real-time information on activities that are generally not within reach of the importer, exporter, and customs broker including vessel-related information, gate, container freight stations, and transactions at fingertips.
- It also enables digital transactions for payments required for the clearance process of import and export like container freight station charges, shipping line charges, and transportation charges.
Recent Inauguration by Sarbananda Sonowal
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication in Agartala, Tripura.
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Unani Institute in Silchar
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
Rajasthan govt approves proposal to set up 3 new medical colleges
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a proposal to set up three new medical colleges in the state.
- The three new medical colleges will be established in Pratapgarh, Jalore, and Rajsamand.
- Each medical college will be constructed at the cost of Rs 250 crore and Rs 75 crore would be spent for necessary equipment, furniture and books in these colleges.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Georgia became first American state to pass resolution condemning Hinduphobia
- The Georgia Assembly has passed a resolution condemning Hinduphobia, making it the first American State to take such a legislative measure.
- The resolution condemns Hinduphobia and anti-Hindu bigotry and states that ‘Hinduism is the world’s largest and oldest religion’ and 1.2 billion people in more than 100 countries of the world follow this religion.
- The resolution said that this religion incorporates diverse traditions and faith with values of acceptance, mutual respect and peace.
- The resolution states that the American-Hindu community has been a major contributor to fields as diverse as medicine, science and engineering, information technology, hospitality, finance, education, manufacturing, energy and retail.
- The proposal was introduced by Representatives Lauren McDonald and Todd Jones from Atlanta’s Forsyth County.
What is Hinduphobia?
- Hinduphobia is a set of hostile, destructive and derogatory attitudes towards Hinduism and Hindus that may manifest as prejudice, fear or hatred.
- It is true that Hindu Americans have faced discrimination across America.
- Capital – Tbilisi
- Currency – Georgian lari
- President – Salome Zourabichvili
- Prime Minister – Irakli Garibashvili
Banking and Financial
SBI signed MoU with Godrej Capital to offer banking products, services
- State Bank of India (SBI) has signed a strategic MoU with Godrej Capital for various financial products and offerings.
- Both organizations joined together to make financial solutions more accessible and affordable, unlocking opportunities for financial inclusion.
- This association leverages the strengths of both groups by facilitating a gamut of financial services provided by the bank, including, and not limited to, banking products, credit cards, wealth management, Life Insurance, and General Insurance as preferred partners.
About Godrej Capital
- Godrej Capital is a subsidiary of Godrej Industries and is the holding company for Godrej Housing Finance & Godrej Finance.
- With a digital-first approach and a keen focus on customer-centric product innovation, Godrej Capital offers home loans and Loans Against Property. I
- It is positioned to diversify into other customer segments and products.
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
Fino Payments Bank and Rajasthan Royals ties up for Digital Banking Partner
- Fino Payments Bank has renewed its association with Rajasthan Royals (RR) for season 16 of India’s biggest premier cricket competition.
- Fino Bank will be RR’s official Digital Banking Partner.
- The Bank made its maiden foray with the mega sporting event last season by partnering with RR as the Digital Payments Partner.
- As the Digital Banking Partner, along with the core messages of convenience, accessibility, proximity and trust, the Bank would be looking to drive brand visibility and increase FinoPay app downloads.
BoM inaugurated its first dedicated Branch for Start-ups in Pune
- Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has inaugurated its first dedicated Branch for start-ups in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The dedicated branch will provide all kinds of support to a startup during its growth journey.
- During the event Bank of Maharashtra signed an MoU with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) venture capital for proactive financing of start-ups.
- MD & CEO of Bank of Maharashtra – A S Rajeev
Appointment and Resignation
NASA appoints Indian-origin Amit Kshatriya to head ‘Moon To Mars’ Programme
- An Indian-American software and robotics engineer Amit Kshatriya has been appointed as the first head of NASA’s Moon to Mars Programme, with immediate effect.
- With this programme, NASA plans to ensure a long-term presence on the Moon to prepare for humanity’s next giant leap to the Red Planet.
- Kshatriya will serve as first head of the office, with immediate effect, the agency.
- This new office resides within the Exploration Systems Development Mission Directorate, reporting to its Associate Administrator Jim Free.
- NASA Administrator: Bill Nelson
Recent Appointment (Indian Origin)
- First Assistant Police chief in USA’ Connecticut – Manmeet Colon (Indian-origin Sikh woman)
- First Indian-American judge at New York Court – Arun Subramanian
- President of World Bank – Ajay Banga
- Post of US Air Force brigadier general – Raja Chari (Indian-American astronaut)
- North Korea human rights envoy by US President – Julie Turner
- Maryland’s first Indian-American Lt. Governor – Aruna Miller
RG Patel appointed as expert member of ART and Surrogacy Board
- Renowned gynecologist and obstetrician, RG Patel has been appointed as an expert member of the National Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy Board by the union health ministry.
- Dr Patel’s appointment to the National Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy Board, which functions under the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, is for the purposes of the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Act, 2021 and the Surrogacy (Regulation) Act, 2021.
- Dr Patel is a gynaecologist, infertility and In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) specialist.
- He has been performing IVF, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and ovum donation procedures for more than 22 years.
- He performs around 1,500 IVF and ICSI procedures a year and has facilitated 20,000+ live births through such procedures. He has also successfully conducted 2,800 Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) procedures.
- CEO of Hero MotoCorp – Niranjan Gupta
- President of ASSOCHAM – Ajay Singh
- Vice President of ASSOCHAM – Sanjay Nair
- Independent Directors of NDTV – UK Sinha & Dipali Goenka
- CFO of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) – Srikanth Venkatachari
Rajib K Mishra appointed as CMD of PTC India
- Rajib K Mishra has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of Power Trading Corporation of India (PTC) Limited.
- He started working at PTC India Ltd. as the Executive Director in October 2011, overseeing operations, business development, retail, and advisory services.
- He later joined the PTC Board as the Director of Marketing and Business Development on February 2015.
About the Power Trading Corporation of India Limited (PTC)
- PTC is a public sector undertaking established in 1999 under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- PTC’s primary business is to trade electricity across different regions of India.
- PTC initially started its operations as a power trading company in India, but over the years, it has diversified into other areas such as power generation, transmission, distribution, and consulting services.
- CEO of Starbucks – Laxman Narasimhan
- MD & CEO CEAT – Arnab Banerjee
- MD & CEO of Invest India – Manmeet K Nanda
- CMD of Cotton Corporation of India – Lalit Kumar Gupta
- ‘Order of Australia’ for bolstering bilateral ties – Ratan Tata
Vice Admiral SJ Singh takes charge as new VC of Indian Navy
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh has assumed the appointment of the Vice Chief of Naval Staff.
- He succeeds Vice Admiral SN Ghormade who retired after over 39 years of service.
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh, a graduate of the National Defence Academy, Pune, was commissioned in 1986 in the executive branch of the Indian Navy.
- Prior to taking over as the Vice Chief of Naval Staff, he was Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (Operations).
- In recognition of his distinguished service, the Flag Officer was awarded the Nao Sena Medal in 2009, and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in 2020.
Appointment in Defence Sector
- Vice Chief of Indian Air Force – Air Marshal Amanpreet Singh
- Director General of Indian Coast Guard – Virender Singh Pathania
- Director General of Indian Army – General Manoj Pande
- Director General of Indian Air Force – Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari
- Director General of Indian Navy – Admiral R. Hari Kumar
Sheenu Jhawar becomes the first woman President of TiE Rajasthan
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Rajasthan has announced Dr. Sheenu Jhawar as its new President for the two-year term 2023-2025.
- She is the first woman in the 21 years history of TiE Rajasthan to assume this responsibility.
- Jhawar took charge from Dr. Ravi Modani who was successfully leading the chapter since 2021.
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) founded in 1992 in Silicon Valley is one of the world’s largest non-profit organizations fostering entrepreneurship globally with 58 chapters in 14 countries.
- TiE’s mission is to nurture the next generation of entrepreneurs globally through mentoring, networking, education, incubation and funding.
- TiE Rajasthan – as part of TiE Global, and adjudged as Best Chapter in 2021, has been a leader in the State of Rajasthan, and a major contributor to the Start-Up ecosystem since 2002.
- First Assistant Police chief in USA’ Connecticut – Manmeet Colon (Indian-origin Sikh woman)
- First woman officer to command Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME) – Colonel Geeta Rana
- First woman officer to command a fighter unit in IAF – Shalija Dhami
- First Indian American woman president of Harvard Law Review – Apsara A Iyer
- First minister of the new Ministry of Indigenous People in Brazil – Sonia Guajajara
- First woman president of Indian Olympic Association – PT Usha
ISRO successfully conducts landing experiment of the Reusable Launch Vehicle
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully conducted the Reusable Launch Vehicle Autonomous Landing Mission (RLV LEX) from the Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) in Karnataka’s Chitradurga.
- A Chinook Helicopter of the Indian Air Force carried the launch vehicle to a height of 4.5 kms and released it in mid-air.
- The autonomous landing was carried out under the exact conditions of a Space Re-entry vehicle’s landing high speed, unmanned, precise landing from the same return path as if the vehicle arrives from space.
- This has successfully achieved the autonomous precise landing of the Space vehicle.
- RLV is a space plane with a low lift-to-drag ratio requiring an approach at high glide angles that necessitated a landing at high velocities of 350 km/h.
About Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Founded – 15 August 1969
- Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
- Founder / 1st Chairman – Vikram Sarabhai
- 10th Chairman – S Somanath
- Aryabhata India’s first satellites Launched on 19 April 1975
1 April – Foundation Day of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- The Foundation Day of the Reserve Bank of India is celebrated on 1 April every year.
- RBI was established on 1 April 1935 as per the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934. It started functioning from 1 April 1935.
- The Central Office of the RBI, initially set up in Kolkata, was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. Sir Osborne Smith the first Governor of the Bank.
- It was nationalized in 1949 and now the government of India is the owner of RBI.
- The RBI is the central bank of India and is responsible for regulating the country’s monetary and credit system. It is also responsible for issuing currency and managing the country’s foreign exchange reserves.
- The RBI works closely with the government of India to formulate and implement monetary and fiscal policies that promote economic growth and stability.
- It was set up as a private shareholder’s bank with a capital of Rs 5 crores.
2 April – World Autism Awareness Day
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year on 2 April.
- Objective – To raise awareness about autism and promote acceptance, understanding, and inclusion of people suffering from disability.
- According to the United Nations General Assembly, the day aims to “highlight the need to help improve the quality of life of autistic people so that they can live full and meaningful lives as an integral part of society.
- Theme 2023 -Transforming the narrative: Contributions at home, at work, in the arts and in policymaking
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|