Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 3rd November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
15th India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue held in New Delhi
- The 15th India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
- The dialogue was co-chaired by Defence Secretary Giridhar Aramane and Permanent Secretary (Defence), Singapore Chan Heng Kee.
- During the meeting, both sides reviewed the existing defence cooperation between the two countries and agreed to enhance collaboration in Service-to-Service interactions and bilateral exercises.
- They also articulated steps to take forward cooperation in emerging areas like cyber security.
- Both sides identified means to enhance existing areas of collaboration, especially in the field of maritime security and multilateral cooperation. India and Singapore also reaffirmed their commitment to fully implement the Strategic Partnership based on mutual trust and understanding, common interests and shared values of democracy and rule of law.
- This was the first physical meeting at the level of Defence Secretary between India and Singapore post the COVID-19 pandemic.
US and India to conduct 2 plus 2 ministerial dialogue
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin would be traveling to India for the 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue with their Indian counterparts in New Delhi.
- The dialogue will be held with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Defense Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi this month.
- The dialogue came to existence from an agreement between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Donald Trump.
- It is being conducted every year since 2018 to discuss bilateral security and geo-strategic issues.
NITI Aayog held Workshop on India-AU Collaboration
- NITI Aayog has organized a workshop on India-AU Collaboration for a Better Inclusive World in partnership with the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) at the Taj Palace, New Delhi.
- The workshop focused on deliberations to implement the commitments laid out in the New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration (NDLD) which was signed recently concluded G20 Conference.
- The workshop brought together over 50 experts and participants from prominent National and International think tanks, academia, and diplomats from India and the African Union (AU).
- The participants had in-depth discussions on three key themes:
Indo-AU collaboration for an inclusive world
Indo-AU collaboration for sustainable and resilient infrastructure
NMC to launch “one nation, one registration platform” for doctors
- The National Medical Commission (NMC), the regulatory body for medical education and medical professionals, is all set to launch its “one nation, one registration platform” for doctors across the country.
- Objective – To eliminate duplication, red tape and allow the public to access information on any physician working in India.
- The NMC will unveil a patch pilot of the National Medical Register (NMR) in the next six months where doctors will be allotted a unique identification number and then can also apply for their licence to work in any State depending on where they are.
- The commission had earlier this year issued a gazette notification titled “Registration of Medical Practitioners and Licence to Practice Medicine Regulations, 2023” announcing the move.
- The idea is to provide a masked ID to undergraduate students on the NMR and depending on when they complete their course the ID is unmasked and allotted.
- This ID can be used to update any further qualification and all State registers for licence to work in any part of the country will be linked here and will be available at the click of a button.
Aligarh Muslim University to launch Its Own Satellite
- The Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe), under the Department of Space, the government of India, has approved Aligarh Muslim University’s (AMU) proposal for the development of the varsity’s first satellite, to be named after its founder Sir Syed Ahmad Khan.
- The satellite is tentatively scheduled to be launched in 6 months.
- The SS AMU SAT is a nanosatellite project which began in November 2021 under AMU Robo Club.
- It is a 3U CubeSat with multiple objectives, including the study of economic growth in India’s poorest districts using satellite imagery and implementation of an in-house developed image compression technology for a faster multimedia transmission. In addition to these, the satellite will test various sub-systems that have been built in-house.
- A 3U CubeSat is a standardized and relatively small satellite used for various purposes, including research, technology demonstration, and earth observation.
ECI designed in-house software for election management through ENCORE
- The Election Commission of India has designed in-house software for complete Candidate and election management through ‘ENCORE’ which stands for Enabling Communications on Real-time Environment.
- This provides a seamless facility for Returning Officers to process candidate nominations, affidavits, Voter turnout, counting, results, and data management.
- The ENCORE counting application is an end-to-end application for returning officers to digitize the votes polled, tabulate the round-wise data, and then take out various statutory reports of counting.
- Another application called ENCORE Scrutiny Application allows Returning Officers to scrutinize the nominations filed by the candidates online.
- After verification of the nomination, the status is marked as Accepted, Rejected, or Withdrawn helping the Returning Officer to prepare the final list of contesting candidates and assign the symbols.
About Election Commissioner of India (ECI)
- It is a constitutional body to conduct and regulate elections in the country.
- It consists of a chief election commissioner (CEC) and two election commissioners (usually retired IAS or IRS officers)
- Founded – 25 January 1950
- 25 January – Voter’s Day
- HQ – New Delhi
- 1st Chief – Sukumar Sen
- 1st Women Chief – V.S. Ramadevi
- 25th Chief – Rajiv Kumar
- Commissioner – Anup Chandra Pandey & Arun Goel
- Tenure – 6/65yrs
Rajnath Singh inaugurates ‘India Manufacturing Show’ in Bengaluru
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the three-day ‘India Manufacturing Show’ in Bengaluru.
- The show has been jointly organised by Laghu Udhyog Bharti and the IMS Foundation and supported by the Department of Defence Production under the Ministry of Defence.
- The central theme of the event is ‘Make in India, Make for the World’.
- The sixth edition of the ‘India Manufacturing Show’ will provide a platform for the exhibitors to showcase their technologies, equipment and R&D in different sectors, such as aerospace & defence engineering, automation, robotics & drones to the participants.
PM Modi inaugurated ‘World Food India 2023’ in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the second edition of the Mega food event ‘World Food India 2023’ at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi.
- On the occasion, the Prime Minister disbursed Seed Capital Assistance for over one lakh Self Help Groups SHG members. This support will help SHGs to improve packaging and quality manufacturing and gain better price realization in the market.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated Food Street, as part of World Food India 2023. It will feature regional cuisines and royal culinary heritage.
- Over 200 chefs will participate and present traditional Indian cuisine, cuisine, making it a unique culinary experience.
- The Secretary of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries Anita Praveen mentioned that over 1200 exhibitors from 23 states and several countries will participate in the event.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi dedicated projects worth ₹5950 Crore in Gujrat
- PM Modi inaugurated 7th Edition of Indian Mobile Congress
- PM Modi chairs meeting of 43rd edition of PRAGATI
- PM Modi launched Bengaluru Metro’s Purple Line operations
- PM Modi launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras in Maharashtra
Banking and Financial
RBI launches two key surveys for monetary policy inputs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced the introduction of two crucial surveys, namely the ‘Inflation Expectations Survey of Households’ and the ‘Consumer Confidence Surveynetary’.
- They’re aimed at gathering essential data for the upcoming bi-monthly monetary policy. The next monetary policy review is scheduled to take place from December 6-8.
Inflation Expectations Survey of Households
- The ‘Inflation Expectations Survey of Households’ is designed to capture subjective assessments on price movements and inflation.
- It will gather data based on individual consumption baskets in 19 cities, including Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The survey will solicit qualitative responses from households regarding anticipated price changes, both general prices and specific product groups, for the next three months as well as the one-year period ahead.
- Additionally, it will collect quantitative responses on current inflation rates, as well as inflation rates expected in the next three months and one year.
Consumer Confidence Surveynetary
- The ‘Consumer Confidence Survey’ will seek qualitative feedback from households, focusing on their sentiments concerning the general economic situation, employment prospects, price levels, household income, and spending patterns.
- This survey, conducted regularly in the same 19 cities mentioned earlier, aims to gauge public sentiment on various economic factors.
- The findings from both surveys are anticipated to offer significant inputs to inform the RBI’s monetary policy strategies.
- The RBI has emphasized that the outcomes of these surveys will play a vital role in shaping future monetary policy decisions, underscoring the importance of accurate and timely data in the formulation of effective economic policies.
SBI Card Partners with Reliance Retail to introduce ‘Reliance SBI Card’
- SBI Card and Reliance Retail came together to launch the co-branded Reliance SBI Card.
- The lifestyle-focused credit card will offer a holistic and rewarding shopping experience to customers.
- It allows cardholders to unlock rewards and benefits while transacting at Reliance Retail’s extensive and diverse ecosystem, ranging from fashion & lifestyle to grocery, consumer electronics to pharma, furniture to jewellery, and many more.
- Additionally, Reliance SBI Card users can also enjoy curated offers rolled out by SBI Card on an ongoing basis.
- The card will be launched in two variants – Reliance SBI Card and Reliance SBI Card PRIME, each designed to bring varied rewards and lifestyle perks for distinct consumer needs.
- The annual renewal fee of Reliance SBI Card PRIME is ₹ 2,999 and that of Reliance SBI Card is ₹ 499 plus applicable taxes.
- Cardholders can avail renewal fee waiver upon achieving the annual spends milestone of ₹ 3,00,000 on Reliance SBI Card PRIME and ₹ 1,00,000 on Reliance SBI Card.
Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated SBI’s branch in Trincomalee
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the State Bank of India’s branch in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
- Governor of Eastern Province of Sri Lanka Senthil Thondaman, High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka Gopal Baglay, and SBI Chairman Dinesh Khara graced the event.
- Recognizing SBI’s 159-year-long presence, Mrs. Sitharaman praised its commitment to growth at home and abroad, especially during the Sri Lankan economic crisis.
- SBI’s endeavors facilitated the smooth extension of a Line of Credit worth 1 billion dollars by the Government of India to Sri Lanka.
- SBI Sri Lanka has been a pivotal support for international trade corporations and has actively bolstered remittance activities through a robust digital platform.
About Sri Lanka
- Legislative capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Executive and Judicial capital – Colombo
- Currency – Sri Lankan rupee
- President – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Prime Minister – Dinesh Gunawardena
Nandini Das wins British Academy Book Prize for Cultural Understanding
- India-born author Nandini Das has been named the winner of the 2023 British Academy Book Prize for Global Cultural Understanding, for her book ‘Courting India: England, Mughal India and the Origins of Empire’.
- As a Professor in the English faculty at the University of Oxford, the 49-year-old author has sought to present a new perspective on the origins of empire through the story of the arrival of the first English ambassador in India, Sir Thomas Roe, in the early 17th century.
- The winning book is her debut and describes the role of the British and Mughals in transforming India’s history.
- The UK-based academic’s debut work, described as the “true origin story of Britain and India told through England’s first diplomatic mission to the Mughal courts”, was revealed as this year’s winner at a ceremony at the British Academy in London.
- The British Academy Book Prize, formerly known as the Nayef Al-Rodhan Prize, was established in 2013 to reward and celebrate the best works of non-fiction that demonstrate rigour and originality and have contributed to public understanding of other world cultures and their interaction.
- Das will receive GBP 25,000 for winning the prize and each of the shortlisted works, including ‘Black Ghost of Empire: The Long Death of Slavery and the Failure of Emancipation’ by Caribbean-born Kris Manjapra of mixed African and Indian parentage, will receive GBP 1,000 each.
- Wildlife Photographer of The Year Award (10 years and under cateogry) – Vihaan Talya Vikas
- Men’s Ballon d’Or award – Lionel Messi (8th times)
- Women’s Ballon d’Or award – Aitana Bonmati
- USISPF Global Leadership Award 2023 – Nita Ambani
- Global Teacher Prize 2023 – West Bengal’s Teacher Deep Narayan Nayak
- Title of ‘Chevalier dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres’ by the French govt – Richa Chadha
Zahid Hussain clinches Silver at Asian Shooting Championship
- Zahid Hussain secured the silver medal at the prestigious Asian Shooting Championship 2023 held in South Korea.
- He would be representing his nation on the international stage at the Paris Olympics.
- India shooter Manu Bhaker secured her Paris 2024 Olympics quota after she finished fifth in the women’s 25m pistol final.
- Arjun Babuta in the men’s 10 metre air rifle event and Sarabjot Singh in men’s 10 metre air pistol event have also secured Paris 2024 quotas.
Statue of Sachin Tendulkar unveiled at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium
- Legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has unveiled his life–size statue at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, where India won the 2011 edition of the ICC World Cup.
- The statue was made by Pramod Kamble, who is a painter-sculptor from Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
- The statue captures Sachin Tendulkar in the dynamic act of executing a cricket stroke. The legendary cricketer used this shot frequently to smash over 34,000 runs in both Test and One Day International (ODI) matches.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the only batter in the history of cricket to slam 100 centuries. Wankhede Stadium is Sachin Tendulkar’s home ground where he played his last match in November 2013.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|