Daily Current Affairs 4th and 5th March 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
President Murmu to launch ‘Catch the Rain-2023’ campaign
- President Droupadi Murmu will launch the ‘Catch the Rain-2023’ on March 4, 2023 as part of efforts to turn conservation of water into a mass campaign in the run-up to the monsoon season.
- The theme of this year’s campaign will be ‘Source Sustainability for Drinking Water’.
- “During Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain-2023. The significant role that water plays in the empowerment of women has been acknowledged with the theme ‘Jal Shakti se Nari Shakti’
- The President will also confer 18 Awards under Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen, Jal Jeevan Mission and National Water Mission under various categories and release a compendium of case stories titled ‘Swachh Sujal Shakti Ki Abhivyakti’.
‘World’s first’ bamboo crash barrier installed on Maharashtra highway
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari on 4 March said a 200-meter-long bamboo crash barrier has been installed on a highway connecting Chandrapur and Yavatmal districts in Maharashtra, which he termed as the “world’s first” such exercise.
- Calling it a “remarkable achievement” for the country and its bamboo sector, he said this crash barrier offers a perfect alternative to steel and addresses environmental concerns.
Banking and Financial
RBI puts restrictions on Musiri Urban Co-operative Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India on 3 March imposed a Rs 5,000 cap on withdrawals by individual customers from Tamil Nadu-based Musiri Urban Co-operative Bank as part of several restrictions slapped on the lender due to its deteriorating financial condition.
- The restrictions on the lender will remain in force for six months from the close of business on March 3 and are subject to review.
- With curbs in place, the cooperative bank, without approval of the RBI, cannot grant loans, make any investment, and disburse any payment. The lender cannot also dispose of any of its properties, among others.
IAF transport aircraft Exercise Shinyuu Maitri with Japan’s Air Self Defense Force
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) along with the Japan Air Self Defense Force (JASDF) participated in Exercise Shinyuu Maitri.
- The Exercise Shinyuu Maitri is being organized on the sidelines of the Indo-Japan Joint Army Exercise, Dharma Guardian, which was conducted from 13 February 2023 to 02 March 2023 at Komatsu, Japan.
Note: Exercise Between India and Japan
- ‘Sahyog Kaijin’: India and Japan
- Dharma Guardian: India and Japan
- Shinyuu Maitri’: India and Japan (Airforce)
- Exercise JIMEX: Indian and Japanese (navies)
4th March: National Security Day
- Every year on March 4, India observes National Safety Day. The main goal of the day is to highlight safety measures and ensure that people are aware of them and follow them in order to avoid workplace accidents. In India, the 4th of March also marks the start of National Safety Week.
- Theme 2023: ‘Nurture young minds – Develop safety culture’
Mumbai jumps to 37th place globally in price growth in luxury housing
- Mumbai’s rank has improved to 37th from 92nd in a global list of movement in prices of luxury homes as the city saw an appreciation of 6.4 per cent during 2022 calendar year, according to Knight Frank India.
- In Bengaluru, the prices of prime property rose 3 per cent, helping the city improve its rank to 63rd in 2022 from 91st in 2021.
- “Delhi’s prime property market saw value appreciating by 1.2 per cent which moved up the ranking to 77th from 93rd in 2021
- As per the report, the prime residential prices in Dubai accelerated 44.2 per cent in 2022. Aspen ranks 2nd with 27.6 per cent growth in prices, followed by Riyadh (25 per cent), Tokyo (22.8 per cent), Miami (21.6 per cent), Prague (16.3 per cent), Algarve (15.3 per cent), Bahamas (15 per cent), Athens 13 per cent and Porto (12.7 per cent).
Former Chief Justice of India AM Ahmadi passes away at 90
- Former Chief Justice of India A.M. Ahmadi has passed away at the age of 90.
- Ahmadi was the chief justice from 1994 to 1997.
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here