Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 4th and 5th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
NITI Aayog to host state-level innovation workshop in IIM Bangalore
- In a strategic move to foster and nurture innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem throughout India, Atal Innovation Mission is set to organize a peer-to-peer workshop focusing on the development of state-level innovation ecosystems.
- The event, “Building State-level Innovation Ecosystems” is scheduled to take place from November 6th to 8th at the prestigious Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM Bangalore).
- This three-day gathering will provide a unique platform for states and union territories (UTs) across India to convene, exchange insights, and build strategies to foster innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) within their respective regions.
- The purpose of this workshop is to unleash the power of peer learning across the states/UTs in order to propel each state-level ecosystem forward.
- In addition to sharing of State/UT-level innovation and entrepreneurship models, participants will exchange ideas, strategies, and experiences, showcasing successful implementations and the knowledge they have acquired in building innovation ecosystems.
Ministry of Chemicals organized ICC Sustainability Conclave 2023
- The Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, and Indian Chemical Council (ICC) has organized the two-day Conclave with the theme of “Integrating Sustainability & Business Strategy for the Chemical Industry- Addressing Challenges and Opportunities”.
- This is a major initiative of the Indian Chemical Industry to encourage sustainability in the management of the entire life cycle of chemicals. Environment Resource Management (ERM), a globally renowned entity in the sector, is the Knowledge Partner for the Conclave.
- The two-day event will bring together senior representatives from Indian and Global companies, government officers, multilateral organizations, chemical industry bodies, and academic experts to discuss trending issues and opportunities, including ESG strategies, de-carbonization, net-zero transition, digital transformation, green growth, cleaner energy, safety promotion, and product stewardship beyond regulations.
- Chemical and Petrochemical Industry holds a pivotal position in our economy serving as a backbone for numerous sectors offering a diverse range of over 80000 commercial products.
- While the government has commendably taken steps to reduce our reliance on imports, enhance infrastructure, and improve the business environment, it is imperative that we infuse a strong focus on chemical sustainability into this narrative of growth.
India and Sri Lanka re-launched ETCA negotiations
- India and Sri Lanka held the 12th round of negotiations on the Economic and Technology Cooperation Agreement in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The delegations from both sides delved into a spectrum of critical areas, including Trade in Goods, Technical Barriers to Trade, and Trade in Services.
- Both sides acknowledged the potential in India and Sri Lanka trade partnership and possibilities for enhanced economic relations.
- Both sides hailed the progress achieved during the previous discussions, and decided to treat 9 issues as resolved. Both sides agreed to continue discussions on matters including apparel quotas and pharmaceutical procurement.
- Emphasizing the need to build upon their achievements, the delegations agreed to remain open to revising their positions in light of new developments.
- India was Sri Lanka’s largest trading partner with an overall bilateral merchandise trade of 5.45 billion dollars in 2021.
About Sri Lanka
- Legislative capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Executive and Judicial capitl – Colombo
- Currency – Sri Lankan rupee
- President – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Prime Minister – Dinesh Gunawardena
India and UAE sign MoU to Strengthen Educational Ties
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and his UAE counterpart Ahmad Al Falasi have signed an MoU to strengthen existing educational cooperation between the two countries.
- The MoU aims at facilitating student and faculty mobility, joint research programmes, designing courses, organizing and participation in conferences, lectures, symposia, courses, scientific and educational exhibitions in areas of mutual interest held in both countries.
- UAE is a global economic hotspot and India is a global talent hotspot, both sides should work together to build a knowledge bridge to cement our civilizational connect.
- The ministers reviewed the bilateral engagements in education and skill development, particularly the progress on points discussed during their meeting on the sidelines of the fourth education working group deliberations as part of India’s G20 presidency.
Recently India signed MoUs with others countries
- Cabinet approves pact between India & Japan on Semiconductor Supply Chain
- India and Tanzania agree on 5-year roadmap for defence cooperation
- India & Saudi Arabia tie up for electrical interconnections, green hydrogen
- India and Argentina signed a Social Security Agreement (SSA).
- US & Vietnam sign deal on semiconductor supply chains
- India and Armenia sign MoU in the field of sharing successful Digital Solutions
Mumbai Ranks Fourth in Global Housing Price Rise
- Mumbai recorded the fourth highest year-on-year growth in prime residential prices among global cities for the quarter ended September 2023, according to Knight Frank’s Prime Global Cities Index for September quarter of 2023.
- The 6.5 percent increase in prime residential prices has moved the city up by 18 places from 22nd rank in September 2022.
- New Delhi and Bengaluru too recorded an upward movement in their index rankings. NCR moved from 36th rank a year ago to 10th in September 2023 with a growth of 4.1 percent YoY.
- Bengaluru’s rank increased from 27 in 2022 to 17 in 2023 with a growth of 2.2 percent.
- Mumbai is at fourth position among 46 cities globally in terms of price rise of luxury residential properties, according to Knight Frank.
- The average rise in annual prime residential prices was recorded at 2.1 per cent across the 46 markets in the 12-month period ending September 2023. This is the strongest growth rate recorded since Q3 2022 and reflects 67 per cent of cities seeing growth on an annual basis.
Thailand announces Visa-Free Entry for Indians to boost tourism
- In an effort to attract more tourists as the high season approaches, Thailand has announced the temporary removal of visa requirements for travellers from India and Taiwan starting from 10th November 2023 and continuing until 10th May 2024.
- This decision follows a previous move in September to eliminate visa requirements for Chinese tourists, who were a significant source of visitors before the pandemic, accounting for 11 million out of the record 39 million arrivals in 2019.
- As per the announcement, travelers from India and Taiwan can enjoy a maximum stay of 30 days in Thailand without the need for a visa.
- This new policy is expected to attract a significant number of tourists from these regions and give a much-needed boost to the local economy.
- Capital – Bangkok
- Currency – Thai baht
- Prime Minister – Prayut Chan-o-cha
Deepesh Nanda appointed as CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy
- Deepesh Nanda has been appointed as CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited.
- Nanda brings with him 28 years of experience across companies like GE, Flowserve and Tyco.
- He joins Tata Power from GE Gas Power, where he was the Chief Executive Officer for South Asia.
- CMD of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) – Koppu Sadashiv Murthy
- Lead WHO’s South-East Asia Region – Bangladesh’s Saima Wazed
- New speaker of US House – Mike Johnson
- Head coach of Indian women’s cricket team – Amol Muzumdar
- Director of General Hospital Services (Armed Forces) – Air Marshal Sadhna Saxena Nair
Justice Rajendra Menon appointed as Chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal
- Former Delhi High Court Chief Justice Rajendra Menon has been re-appointed as Chairman of the Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT).
- Justice Menon will serve as Chairman of the Tribunal till he attains the age of 70 years on June 6, 2027.
- Justice Menon began his judicial career as an additional judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court on April 1, 2002, and his dedication and expertise led to his elevation to the position of a permanent judge in 2003.
- The former judge was first recommended to the post in 2019 and served for four years.
- Justice Menon was elevated as an additional judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court on April 1, 2002. He was made permanent judge of the High Court on March 21, 2003.
- Justice Menon also served as Welfare Commissioner for the Bhopal Gas Victims Compensation Commission between December 2010 and March 2015. He was elevated as Chief Justice of the Patna High Court on March 15, 2017 and remained at the post till his transfer to the Delhi High Court.
- Election Commission’s national icon – Rajkummar Rao
- SVP & MD for HP India – Ipsita Dasgupta
- CMD of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) – Sanjay Kumar Jain (replace Mahendra Pratap Maal)
- CMD of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO) – Sanjay Kulshreshtha
- International Dairy Federation (IDF) Board – Dr Meenesh Shah
T. Padmanabhan receives prestigious Kerala Jyothi Award
- Eminent writer T. Padmanabhan has been chosen for the Kerala Jyothi Award 2023 instituted by the Kerala government.
- He was selected for the highest civilian honour by the government considering his contributions in the field of Malayalam literature.
- The State also announced other ‘Kerala Puraskarngals’, the highest award given by the government to distinguished personalities who have made outstanding contributions in various spheres of social life.
- Justice (Retired) M. Fathima Beevi and Nataraja Krishnamurthy (Soorya Krishnamurthy) have been selected for the ‘Kerala Prabha’ award considering contributions in the field of social service and civil service and in the field of arts respectively.
- Others who won the ‘Kerala Sree’ award include Punalur Somarajan (social service sector), V.P. Gangadharan (health sector), Ravi DC (industry and commerce sector), K.M. Chandrasekhar (civil service sector), Pandit Ramesh Narayan (art, music).
- British Academy Book Prize 2023 for Cultural Understanding – Nandini Das
- Wildlife Photographer of The Year Award (10 years and under cateogry) – Vihaan Talya Vikas
- Men’s Ballon d’Or award – Lionel Messi (8th times)
- Women’s Ballon d’Or award – Aitana Bonmati
- USISPF Global Leadership Award 2023 – Nita Ambani
Shami becomes India’s leading wicket taker in World Cup history
- Mohammed Shami has become India’s highest wicket-taker in ODI World Cup history during the India versus Sri Lanka 2023 World Cup match at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- With 45 wickets in ODI World Cups, Shami went past Zaheer Khan and Javagal Srinath after his fifer against the Lankans. Zaheer and Srinath have 44 wickets in World Cups for India.
- Shami also entered the top 10 list of the highest wicket-takers in ODI World cup history, which is topped by Glenn McGrath’s 71 scalps.
- Among active international cricketers, only Mitchell Starc and Trent Boult are above Shami in the list with 56 and 49 wickets, respectively.
Most wickets for India in ODI World Cup
- Mohammed Shami – 45 wickets in 14 matches
- Zaheer Khan – 44 wickets in 23 matches
- Javagal Srinath – 44 wickets in 34 matches
- Jasprit Bumrah – 33 wickets in 16 matches
- Anil Kumble – 31 wickets in 18 matches
Top 10 all-time wicket-takers in ODI World Cup
- Glenn McGrath (AUS) – 71 wickets in 39 matches
- Muthiah Muralidaran (SL) – 68 wickets in 40 matches
- Mitchell Starc (AUS) – 56 wickets in 24 matches
- Lasith Malinga (SL) – 56 wickets in 29 matches
- Wasim Akram (PAK) – 55 wickets in 38 matches
- Chaminda Vaas (SL) – 49 wickets in 31 matches
- Trent Boult (NZ) – 49 wickets in 26 matches
- Mohammed Shami (IND) – 45 wickets in 14 matches
- Zaheer Khan (IND) – 44 wickets in 23 matches
- Javagal Srinath (IND) – 44 wickets in 34 matches
Aishwaryatap Singh Tomar wins Gold in Asian Shooting Championship
- Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar won the gold medal in the men’s 50m rifle 3 positions individual event and helped India grab a team silver at the Asian Shooting Championship in Changwon, South Korea.
- The 22-year-old Tomar shot 463.5 in the final to win the gold. China’s Tian Jiaming took the silver with a score of 462.7. Another Chinese, Du Linshu picked up the bronze with 450.3.
- Tomar had finished fifth in the qualification round with 591.
- He won the bronze medal at the 2019 Asian Shooting Championships and secured a quota place for India at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
- The Indian trio of Tomar, Swapnil Kusale and Akhil Sheoran won the team silver with a total score of 1764, behind China (1777).
- India has already got maximum two possible Olympic quota places in this event through Kusale and Sheoran.
- Kusale had won the Paris Games quota during the World Championships in Cairo last year. Sheoran did the same in this year’s World Championships in Baku.
New York city wins first US National Gatka Championship
- The city of New York has been declared the winner of the US National Gatka Championship, the first-ever American national championship of the popular Sikh martial arts.
- Held at a Gurdwara in Queens, New York, over the weekend, the popular Sikh martial arts championship was attended by more than 100 players in different age groups from various parts of the country.
- The championship saw the Kansas Gatka Association securing the runner-up position, while the NJ Gatka Association achieved third place.
3 November – World Jellyfish Day
- World Jellyfish Day is celebrated every year on November 3.
- November is springtime in the southern hemisphere. This is the time of the year when jellyfish migrate to the coastlines of the northern hemisphere.
- Since 2014, November 3 is celebrated as World Jellyfish Day.
- Jellyfish have significant effects on biomass, spatiotemporal dynamics, and community structure of the global marine plankton ecosystems. They are extremely important marine creatures who are studied and researched on. They also serve as food in several cultures.
- In China, jellyfish is used as a delicacy and also an important part in traditional treatments. Jellyfish can also house small fishes in their tentacles.
- It is believed that jellyfish are older than dinosaurs and have existed on earth for more than 500 million years. They do not have a heart or bones in the body. However, they have a central nervous system and a mouth which is located in the middle of the body.
3 November – International Day for Biosphere Reserve
- International Day for Biosphere Reserve is celebrated every year on 3 November.
- The day established by UNESCO during its 41st General Conference in 2022.
- This occasion provides an opportunity to understand and appreciate Biosphere Reserves (BR) and their significance in preserving the delicate balance between nature and culture.
- On the International Day for Biosphere Reserves, we acknowledge the significance of these reserves in striking a balance between human development, cultural preservation, and environmental protection. As we celebrate this day, we reflect on the need to expand and support these designated areas to safeguard our shared heritage for generations to come.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|