Daily Current Affairs 6th and 7th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated National Conference on Soil Health
- Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated Conference on Soil Health Management for Sustainable Farming.
- In two phases, more than 22 crore Soil Health Cards have been distributed to farmers across the country.
- So far, 499 permanent Soil Testing Laboratories and 2395 Village-level Soil Testing Laboratories have been established in the Country.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Virendra Kumar has inaugurated the SHILP SAMAGAM-2022 in New Delhi.
- G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 11th edition of the Manipur Sangai Festival.
- Kishan Reddy inaugurated the sixth edition of Ganga Utsav 2022 in New Delhi.
- Rajnath Singh launched ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ website
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
Technotex 2023 to be held in Mumbai from 22 to 24 Feb 2023
- India’s premier show on Technical Textiles ‘Technotex 2023’ will be held in Mumbai from 22nd to 24th February 2023.
- The event is being organized by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India in collaboration with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce Industry, under National Technical Textiles Mission (NTTM).
- The largest event of technical textile industry in India is focused on providing its attendees access and networking opportunities to meet top CEOs, manufacturers, industry peers, purchase managers, and suppliers from India and around the globe.
India’s coal production increased by 11.66 % to 75.87 mn tonnes in Nov
- India’s total coal production has increased by 66 percent to 75.87 Million Tonnes (MT) from 67.94 MT during November 2022 as compared to November 2021.
- According to the coal ministry data, in November 2022, Coal India Ltd (CIL) registered a growth of 12.82 percent, whereas Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) and other captive mines registered a growth of 7.84 percent and 6.87 per cent respectively.
- Out of the top 37 mines in coal production as many as 24 mines produced more than 100 percent and production of five mines stood between 80 and 100 percent in terms of output.
- Coal-based power generation also registered a growth of 16.28 per cent in November as compared to last year.
Jitendra Singh inaugurated a conference on women’s leadership
- Union Minister of State Science & Technology Jitendra Singh has inaugurated a conference on “Women Leading Change in Health and Science in India” in New Delhi.
- It is organized by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) in collaboration with Women Lift Health.
- The conference is aimed at highlighting and promoting the importance of women’s leadership in health and science.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- RK Singh inaugurated Mobile Health Clinics ‘Doctor Apke Dwar’
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- S Jaishankar addressed 7th edition of the Global Technology Summit
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament in Dhenkanal in Odisha
India and Germany signed Migration and Mobility Agreement
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Germany’s Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock have signed a comprehensive migration and mobility partnership.
- The deal which aims at facilitating two-way movement of students, professionals and researchers, is also set to address the challenges of illegal migration.
- The migration and mobility partnership also ensures Indian students can now get joint degrees and dual degrees.
- This will be ensured with collaboration between Indian and German universities at university level.
- India & EU signed an agreement for climate, quantum tech
- India signed an agreement with Netherlands to formalize bilateral Fast-Track Mechanism
- India signed an MoU with Japan to advance scientific cooperation for Indian Ayurveda
- India signed 4 MoUs with Cambodia in the areas of culture, wildlife, health
- Maldives signed an MoU with India for Hanimaadhoo International Airport Development Projects
- India signed an agreement with Armenia to export missiles, rockets & ammunition
Maharashtra to establish separate Divyang department
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has announced that the state will establish a separate Divyang department for the welfare of differently-abled persons with a fund allocation of 1,143 crore rupees.
- The government has created 2,063 posts for the new department and Maharashtra is the first state to have such a department.
- It will formulate policies for the welfare of the disabled by taking into consideration the views of the stakeholders.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Ladakh to soon have India’s first Dark Night Sky Reserve
- Ladakh is all set to have India’s first Dark Night Sky Reserve at Hanley village in the Changthang region.
- In about eighteen locations in Hanley, powerful telescopes will be installed for stargazing.
- At an elevation of 4,500 meters, Hanley is home for the second-highest optical telescope in the world, established in 2001 by Indian Institute of Astrophysics.
India’s first gold ATM launched in Hyderabad
- India’s first Gold ATM and the world’s first real-time Gold ATM has been launched at the Begumpet, Hyderabad.
- Goldsikka Pvt Ltd launched its first Gold ATM with Technology support from M/s OpenCube Technologies Pvt Ltd, a Hyderabad-based startup company.
- Each ATM has a capacity of holding upto 5 kgs of gold which is worth around Rs.2-3 crores. The ATM machine dispenses coins ranging from 0.5 grams to 100 grams.
- There are 8 available options, including 0.5 grams, 1 gram, 2 grams, 5 grams, 10 grams, 20 grams, 50 grams, and 100 grams.
- People can come here and get the coins directly instead of going to jewellery shops. These coins are 24-carat gold and 999 certified.
- The customers will get their investment returns at a live price without any wastage.
IIT Madras researchers develop Ocean Wave Energy converter
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) has developed an ‘Ocean Wave Energy Converter’ that can generate electricity from sea waves.
- The system named Sindhuja-I, which was deployed by the researchers about 6 kilometres from the coast of Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu, where the sea has a depth of about 20 metres.
- This device targets generating 1 MW of power from ocean waves in the next three years.
- Currently, Sindhuja-I can produce 100 watts of energy.
Banking and Financial
World Bank revised India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.9% for FY23
- World Bank has revised upwards its GDP growth forecast for India to 6.9 percent for 2022-23 from 6.5 percent earlier.
- In October, the World Bank cut India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.5 percent from 7.5 percent earlier. Now, it has upgraded the projection to 6.9 percent for 2022-23 (April 2022 -March 2023).
- It however saw the government meeting the fiscal deficit target of 6.4 percent of the GDP in 2022-23.
- World Bank expects inflation at 7.1 percent in the current fiscal year.
Updated GDP List
- World Bank – 6.9% (FY23)
- MOODY’S. – 7% (FY23)
- S&P – 7% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- IMF – 6.8% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 7.2% (FY24)
- RBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- India Ratings – 6.9% (FY23)
- FITCH RATING – 7% (FY23), 6.7% (FY24)
- FICCI – 7% (FY23), 6.4% (FY24)
- OECD – 6.6% (FY23), 5.7% (FY24)
- CRISIL – 7% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- NSO – 8.7%. Q4 – 4.1% (FY23)
- SBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7.2% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
- Nomura – 7.2% (FY23)
- UNTCAD – 5.7% (FY23)
- Goldman Sachs – 5.9% (FY23)
- UNTCAD – 5.7% (FY23)
RBI increased Repo rate by 35 bps to 6.25%
- The Reserve Bank of India monetary policy committee (MPC) has raised the policy repo rate by 35 basis points (bps) to 6.25 percent with immediate effect.
- This is the fifth consecutive hike by the central bank. The Repo rate is the rate at which the RBI lends money to all commercial banks.
- The continuous rate hikes may lead to short-term turbulence in the overall housing demand when buyers are optimistic of making a home purchase decision and this may add to buyers’ overall acquisition cost.
- While RBI has lowered the GDP growth projection of India for the current fiscal at 6.8% from 7%.
- CPI inflation forecast for FY23 retained at 6.7%.
- The size of forex reserves has increased to 561.2 billion as on December 2.
- FDI inflows rose to $22.7 billion in April to October 2022.
Standing Deposit Facility (SDF) – 6.00%
Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) – 6.50%
Bank Rate – 6.50%
Repo Rate – 6.25%
Reverse Repo Rate – 3.35%
Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) – 4.50%
Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) – 18%
Appointment and Resignation
K.V. Suresh Kumar appointed as Chairman & MD of BHAVINI
- Scientist of Department of Atomic Energy V. Suresh Kumar has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI) at Kalpakkam for three years.
- He completed his graduation in Chemical Engineering and joined the Department of Atomic Energy at BARC Training School in Mumbai (29th batch) in 1985.
- During his tenure, the Fast Breeder Test Reactor (FBTR) power was raised to its design power level of 40 MW feeding electricity to the grid.
- He joined in the operations of Fast Breeder Test Reactor (FBTR) in 1986.
- Chairperson of the National Statistical Commission – Rajeeva Laxman Karandikar
- National Commission for Backward Classes chairperson – Hansraj Gangaram
- President of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) for 2022-23 – Vijender Sharma
- President of Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) for 2022-23 – Prasanth Kumar
- Office and secrecy as UPSC Member- Preeti Sudan
Three people received chosen for Nadoja Award
- Director of Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research Bengaluru C N Manjunath, and writers Krishnappa G and S Shadakshari have been chosen for this year’s Hampi Kannada University’s Nadoja Award.
- Manjunath’s contributions in the medical field and social services, Krishnappa’s contributions to literature, and Shadakshari’s contributions in the field of literature and social services have been considered.
- Nadoja Award – S Shadakshari, Krishnappa G & Dr. C N Manjunath
- Best Director at New York Film Critics Circle – SS Rajamouli for RRR Film
- Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize 2022 – Chipko Movement (Shekhar Pathak)
- Banker’s Bank of the Year Award 2022 for the India segment – Canara Bank
- Earthshot Prize 2022 – Telangana startup Kheyti.
NHAI and Maharashtra-Metro achieved a Guinness world record
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and Maharashtra Metro on achieving the Guinness Book of World Record by constructing the longest Double Decker Viaduct with Highway Flyover and Metro Rail Supported on single column in Nagpur.
- The project has already bagged records from Asia Book and India Book.
- The authorities have constructed the longest double-decker viaduct (3.14 km) spanning with a highway flyover (on the Wardha Road in Nagpur, Maharashtra) and metro rail supported on a single column.
7 December – International Civil Aviation Day
- International Civil Aviation day is celebrated on 7 December every year.
- Objective – To raise awareness of the importance and contributions of the airline industry in all sectors.
- The day is observed by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), a United Nations (UN) body responsible for maintaining international standards for aviation safety.
- In 1944, 54 nations came together to sign the Convention on International Civil Aviation, also known as the ‘Chicago Convention’. The convention approves the rules of airspace, aircraft registration, and safety.
- Theme 2022 -Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development
7 December – Armed Forces Flag Day
- Armed Forces Flag Day is observed every year on 7 December to honour the martyrs, veterans, and serving personnel of the Indian military.
- On 28th August 1949, the Ministry of Defence decided to celebrate this day, to honor the soldiers, sailors, and airmen.
- The day has been marked every year since 1949 to celebrate the valiant efforts undertaken by military personnel to safeguard the country’s borders and raise funds to ensure their and their family’s well-being.
- The welfare schemes are funded by the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) which was instituted Government of India.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|