Daily Current Affairs 6th February 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
96th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan begins in Maharashtra
- The 96th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan, the prestigious literary summit began in the Wardha district of Maharashtra.
- It was inaugurated by Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and School Education, and Marathi language minister Deepak Kesarkar.
- The first Marathi Sahitya Sammelan was held in Pune in 1878 under the chairmanship of Justice Mahadev Govind Ranade.
- While speaking at the inauguration ceremony Deepak Kesarkar expressed concern that Marathi schools are closing down gradually and came out with a suggestion to discuss this issue in the ongoing literary summit.
- The government is focussing on imparting the education in mother tongue and one should consider the fact that those who studied in their mother tongue became successful in their lives.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Azad Engineering is India’s 1st supplier of parts for nuclear turbine
- A Hyderabad-based market leader in precision engineering, Azad Engineering Private Limited has been approved as the first Indian company to supply critical rotating parts for nuclear turbines.
- The company has delivered its first set of critical parts. These will now be assembled on nuclear turbines manufactured in Belfort, France.
- Azad Engineering has signed a long-term supply agreement with General Electric (GE) Steam Power for the supply of nuclear turbine parts.
India hosts global energy meet in Bengaluru
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated a three-day India Energy Week in Bengaluru from 6 to 8 February 2023.
- The event will bring together leaders from the traditional and non-traditional energy industry, governments, and academia to discuss the challenges and opportunities that a responsible energy transition presents.
- Over 30,000 delegates, 1,000 exhibitors and 500 speakers will gather to discuss the challenges and opportunities of India’s energy future.
- During the program, Prime Minister will participate in a roundtable interaction with global oil & gas CEOs. He will also launch multiple initiatives in the field of green energy.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi released special Rs 75 coin to mark 75 successful years of NCC
- PM Modi addressed 1111th Avataran Mahotsav of Bhagwan Devnarayan in Bhilwara, Rajasthan.
- PM Modi launched several development projects in Karnataka, Maharashtra
- PM Modi inaugurated 2nd phase of Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 in Basti District of Uttar Pradesh
- PM Modi virtually flagged off the 8th Vande Bharata Express train connecting Secunderabad with Vishakhapatnam.
Yaya Tso to become Ladakh’s first biodiversity heritage site
- Yaya Tso has been proposed as Ladakh’s first biodiversity heritage site (BHS).
- It is known as a birds’ paradise for its beautiful lake located at an altitude of 4,820 meters.
- The proposed Yaya Tso site will have an approximate area of 60 square kilometers, which will also include the lake’s watershed, Yaya Tso is among the most beautiful lakes in Ladakh
- Yaya Tso is a nesting habitat for a large number of birds and animals, such as the bar-headed goose, black-necked crane, and brahminy duck.
- It also has the distinction of being one of the highest breeding sites of the black-necked crane in India.
Delhi child rights body launched WhatsApp chatbot service ‘Bal Mitra’
- Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) has launched ‘Bal Mitra, a WhatsApp Chatbot to provide communication support to children and parents in Delhi.
- The chatbot ‘Bal Mitra’ will serve as a source of authentic information regarding children and their rights.
- Some of the features of the chatbot include complaint registration, searching information and tracking complaint status, and seeking information on admissions, among others.
- The chatbot aims to provide authentic information on various matters related to children and their rights, and ensure the confidentiality of the matters reported through it.
- Parents can discuss education-related issues like admission issues with DCPCR.
- It tries to remove the communication gap between public and government.
Recent Scheme/Campaign launched by Delhi government
- Diya Jalao, Patake Nahi
- Hobby Hubs scheme
- My EV portal
- Shramik Mitra Scheme
- Paryavaran Saathi chatbot & website
- Mukhyamantri Muft Sewer Connection Yojana
Vice-President inaugurated 36th Surajkund handicrafts mela
- Vice-President Jagdeep Dhankhar has inaugurated the 36th International Surajkund Mela at Faridabad, Haryana.
- It is an annual event that is organized on a large scale by the Haryana government from the 4 to 25 February 2023.
- This year’s theme state is the north-east region, and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is participating as the partner nation, which includes India, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
- It is a platform for artists across the globe to showcase their culture and talent. It is the world’s biggest crafts fair.
- In 2013, the mela was elevated to the international level. Gradually, more and more countries participated in this fair. Today, this event occupies a prominent place in the international tourist calendar.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
India’s unemployment rate declined to four-month low at 7.14% in January
- The unemployment rate of India declined to 14% in January 2023 (the lowest in four months) from 8.30% in December 2022.
- This data was released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
- The urban unemployment rate declined to 8.55% in January from 10.09% in the previous month.
- While the rural unemployment rate slipped to 6.48% from 7.44%.
- Among the states, unemployment was the highest in Jammu and Kashmir at 21.8% closely followed by Haryana at 21.7% and Rajasthan at 21.1%. Joblessness in Delhi in January was at 16.7%, Goa at 16.2%, Assam at 16.1% and Tripura at 16%.
- On the other hand, as per the data unemployment was the lowest in states such as Chhattisgarh at 0.5% followed by Odisha at 1.5%, Tamil Nadu at 1.8% and Madhya Pradesh at 1.9%.
- Budget 2023 has also focused on job creation in agritech, education, tourism, infrastructure, healthcare, financial services, health care and MSME sectors, indicating that the unemployment rate may continue to fall in the following months.
Government extends PM-KUSUM scheme till March 2026
- The union government has extended Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) scheme till March 2026.
- The extension will help in compensating the impact of pandemic on PM-KUSUM’s implementation.
- The centre had launched this scheme in 2019 to add solar capacity of 30,800 MW by 2022. The government had planned to infuse ₹34,422 crore of funding in the scheme.
- The scheme aims to boost solar capacity to provide energy security to Indian farmers.
- At the same time, the scheme helps in achieving the aim by increasing India’s share of solar power generation.
- Launched – 2019
- PM-KUSUM consists of three main components.
Component A focuses on the installation of 10,000 MW of solar capacity by setting up small power plants of capacity of 2 MW. These power plants will be set up by farmers, panchayats, cooperatives, farmer producers,etc, in barren land.
Component B lays emphasis on the installation of 20 lakh standalone solar-powered agriculture pumps. Under this component, government will support individual farmers in setting up solar pumps of a capacity up to 7.5 HP.
Component C, the government will work for the solarisation of 15 lakh grid-connected agriculture pumps.
Bhupender Yadav launched ‘Save Wetlands Campaign’ for conservation
- Union Minister for Environment, Bhupender Yadav has launched the ‘Save Wetlands Campaign’ in Goa.
- This campaign is structured on a “whole of society” approach to wetlands conservation, enabling affirmative actions for wetlands conservation at all levels of society and involving all strata of society.
- The campaign, over the next year, will include sensitizing people to the value of wetlands, increasing the coverage of wetlands and building citizen partnerships for wetlands conservation.
- He also released two publications – ‘India’s 75 Amrit Dharohar- India’s Ramsar Sites Factbook’ and ‘Managing ClimateRisks inWetlands – A Practitioner’s Guide.
- Capital – Panaji
- Chief Minister – Pramod Sawant
- Governor – S. Sreedharan Pillai
Bhupendra Yadav in News
- Bhupender Yadav has inaugurated the Regional Office of EPFO at Alwar, Rajasthan.
- Bhupender Yadav to lead Indian delegation at COP27 in Egypt
- Bhupender Yadav chaired the 189th meeting of ESIC
Kerala to setup green hydrogen hubs over next 2 years
- The Kerala government has announced a scheme of Rs 200 crore for developing green hydrogen hubs at Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi.
- A scheme of Rs 200 crore is announced for viability gap funding, grant, equity support to set up green hydrogen hubs in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram over the next two years.
- It will be established with a 150 MW Electrolyser and storage infrastructure.
- The Hydrogen produced through the electrolysis of water is known as green hydrogen.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Australia announced removal of British monarchy from its banknotes
- Australia announced that it will erase the British monarch from its banknotes, replacing the late Queen Elizabeth II’s image on its $5 note with a design honoring Indigenous culture.
- The central bank’s decision to leave her successor Charles III off the $5 note means no Britain-based monarch will remain on Australia’s paper currency.
- The $5 bill was Australia’s only remaining banknote to still feature an image of the monarch. The existing $5 note will remain legal tender.
- Capital – Canberra
- Currency – Dollar
- President – Anthony Albanese
Saudi Arabia to Host Football Asian Cup 2027
- Asian Football Confederation announced that Saudi Arabia won the hosting of the Asian Nations Cup 2027, for the first time in its history, since its inception in 1956.
- This came during the work of the 33rd Congress of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) in the Bahraini capital, Manama.
- Saudi Arabia was the only bid presented at the Congress in Manama after India’s withdrawal in December 2022.
- While Qatar will host the next edition of the Asian Football Cup from 26 June 26 to 16 July 2023.
About Saudi Arabia
- Capital- Riyadh
- Currency- Saudi riyal
- Prime minister- Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud
Raphael Varane announced his retirement from international football
- France defender Raphael Varane has announced his retirement from international football.
- The 29-year-old, who has 93 caps after making his debut in 2013, also helped Didier Deschamps’s side win the UEFA Nations League in the 2020-21 season.
- He was a key starter for Les Bleus as they won the World Cup in 2018 and helped Didier Deschamps guide his team to the 2022 showpiece in Qatar.
- He began his international career almost ten years ago, on March 22, 2013.
- He became only the fourth player in history to win both the World Cup and the Champions League in the same year.
Recently Retired Players
- Joginder Sharma – All forms of cricket – India
- Murali Vijay – All forms of international cricket – India
- Hashim Amla – International Cricket – South Africa
- Hugo Lloris – International football – France
- Gareth Bale – International football – Wales
- Sania Mirza – International Tennis – India
- Farhaan Behardien – International Cricket – South African
- Karim Benzema – International football – France
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
4 February – World Cancer Day
- World Cancer Day is observed every year on 4 February.
- This day is marked to raise awareness, provide education, and take action toward a world where millions of lives can be saved by providing life-saving cancer treatment for everyone.
- Theme 2023- Close The Care Gap
- The day was first observed in the year 2000 at the first World Summit Against Cancer in Paris.
Pakistan’s former President Pervez Musharraf passed away
- The former President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf passed away at the age of 79.
- Musharraf was a four-star general who ruled Pakistan for nearly a decade after seizing power in a 1999 coup.
- Musharraf had been in self-exile in Dubai since March 2016 facing trial for treason for suspending the constitution in 2007.
- He was born in New Delhi in 1943. He was only 4 years old when his family moved to Pakistan in 1947.
- His father served in the foreign ministry, while his mother was a teacher and the family subscribed to a moderate, tolerant brand of Islam.
- Click here to Join Telegram Group
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|