Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 6th June 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Rankings 2023 released
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Rankings 2023 were released by Minister of State for Education and External Affairs, Rajkumar Ranjan Singh.
- The latest rankings include four categories: Overall, Colleges, Universities, and Research Institutions.
- The subject domains now consist of Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Law, Medical, Architecture and Planning, Dental, and a new addition — Agriculture and Allied Sectors.
- IIT Madras has emerged as the top college under the overall category for the fifth consecutive year and the best engineering institute for the eighth consecutive year.
- Under the best university category, IISc Bangalore has topped the university rankings followed by JNU and Jamia Millia Islamia. Three private universities have also made it to the list.
- Meanwhile, AIIMS Delhi too, retains the number one position under the medical colleges category.
- Engineering – IIT Madras
- Colleges – Miranda House (Delhi University)
- Research – IISc Bengaluru
- Innovation – IIT Kanpur
- Management – IIM Ahmedabad
- Pharmacy – National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- Law – National Law School of India University, Bengaluru
India’s first zero-carbon village being developed in Bhiwandi
- Union Minister of State Kapil Patil announced that India’s first carbon-neutral village is being developed in Bhiwandi Taluka of Thane district, Maharashtra.
- This initiative aims to minimize carbon emissions and promote sustainable practices for a cleaner and greener environment.
- Along with the carbon-neutral village, 121 tribal villages are being developed as model villages
- These model villages serve as examples for sustainable development, showcasing effective infrastructure, amenities, and improved living conditions.
- In the Bhiwandi Lok Sabha Constituency, around 1,75,000 farmers are benefiting from the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Yojana.
- Earlier, Palli village in Jammu had become the first carbon-neutral panchayat in the country.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Government sets up 3-member panel to probe Manipur Violence
- The Union government has set up a Commission of Inquiry to investigate the violence in Manipur.
- The commission will be headed by former chief justice of the Gauhati High Court Ajai Lamba.
- The commission will make inquiry with respect of the causes and spread of the violence and riots targeting members of different communities, which took place in Manipur on May 3 and thereafter.
- It will probe the sequence of events leading to, and all the facts relating to such violence; whether there were any lapses or dereliction of duty in this regard on the part of any of the responsible authorities/individuals and adequacy of the administrative measures taken to prevent, and to deal with the violence and riots.
- The commission shall submit its report to the central government as soon as possible but not later than six months from the date of its first sitting.
- The commission, however, if it deems fit, can make interim reports to the central government before the said date.
- The other members of the commission are retired IAS officer Himanshu Shekhar Das and retired IPS officer Aloka Prabhakar.
- SEBI formed an Intermediary Advisory Committee to advise the market regulator on changes in the legal framework; chaired by -S Ravindran
- National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) set up an 11-member Cheetah Project Steering Committee; Headed by – Rajesh Gopal
- IRDAI constitutes Expert committee for matters related to mental health; headed by – Pratima Murthy
- NGT constitutes committee to investigate disappearance of 1095 ponds – Headed by Adarsh Kumar Goel.
- MeitY constituted task force with the aim to make India ‘product developer and manufacturing nation’; Chaired by – Bhuvnesh Kumar
Maharashtra govt signs MoU with Bajaj Finserv to invest Rs 5000 cr
- Bajaj Finserv has signed an MoU with the Government of Maharashtra to invest Rs 5,000 crore in Pune in their financial services business.
- This investment would create 40,000 jobs and give a boost to Pune and make it a financial services hub. This the largest investment in the recent past in the fintech sector in the state.
- The Bajaj Finserv Campus is planned in Pune and the project is expected to create 40,000 jobs and continue to develop Pune as a financial centre.
- Work on the project will commence in 2023 and envisions state-of-the-art connectivity and facilities for business.
- The development will have a positive impact, both socially and economically, as it will create new jobs and business opportunities for partners, vendors, suppliers and contractors in and around Pune, as well as globally.
- Chairman and Managing Director of Bajaj Finserv – Sanjiv Bajaj
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Recent MoUs signed by State Government
- Tata Group signs deal with Gujarat govt for EV battery plant in Sanand, Gujarat
- Meghalaya signed MoU with NIOS to facilitate the return of dropouts to educational institutions.
- Odisha govt collaborates with Infosys, Nasscom to enhance the skills and employability of students
- Goa, Uttarakhand sign MoU to boost tourism
- Himachal Pradesh signed MoU with the French Development Agency Agence Francaise de Development (AFD) for Rs 817.12 crore project.
Jitendra Singh inaugurates ‘Lavender Festival’ in J&K
- Union Minister of State, Jitendra Singh has inaugurated a two-day lavender festival at Bhaderwah, Jammu & Kashmir.
- The festival has been organized by the CSIR-IIIM and is part of the institution’s ‘One Week One Lab Campaign’.
- It showcases the remarkable progress made in lavender cultivation and its impact on the local community.
- He also highlighted that Bhaderwah has emerged as the Lavender capital of India and agri StartUp destination.
- The CSIR-Aroma Mission is a flagship project of CSIR under which Lavender cultivation is being promoted in the temperate regions of J&K
- The CSIR-IIIM has provided more than 30 lakh free lavender plants to farmers in different districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
Banking and Financial
RBI fines Indian Overseas Bank Rs 2.2 crore for multiple violations
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of ₹2.2 crore on Indian Overseas Bank for violation of various regulatory norms.
- The breach pertains to guidelines on disclosure of NPA (non-performing assets) divergence, interest rates on deposits, and advisory on ‘Man in the Middle (MiTM) attacks in ATMs.
- RBI had conducted the Statutory Inspection for Supervisory Evaluation as per Indian Overseas Bank’s financial position as on March 2021, wherein it found contravention of certain provisions.
- The public sector bank failed to make a minimum mandatory transfer of a sum equivalent to 25 percent of its disclosed profit for FY21 to its reserve fund.
- Further, there was a significant divergence between the NPAs, as reported by it and as assessed by the inspection, and the bank offered interest on deposits of non-individual constituents at rates applicable to senior/super senior citizens, in certain instances.
- The lender also did not implement control measures for ATMs relating to end-to-end encryption of communication between the ATM terminal/PC and the ATM Switch, within the timelines prescribed.
- As a result, the central bank issued two show-cause notices to the bank and decided that the charges were substantiated after considering the submissions made by the bank.
About Indian Overseas Bank
- Founded- 10 February 1937
- Founder- Ct. M. Chidambaram Chettyar
- Headquarters- Chennai
- CEO- Ajay Kumar Srivastava
SBI launches Project Kuber in Bengaluru
- The State Bank of India has launched Project Kuber having four transaction banking hubs and one corporate salary package hub in Bengaluru.
- The objective is to source, facilitate, and cater to the various banking needs of customers, and these hubs will help increase SBI’s market share in liability products.
- The Transaction Banking Hubs will provide a range of services to both corporate and non-corporate clients.
- These services include account opening, onboarding on SBI’s digital platforms, and catering to payment and collection-related requirements.
- The hubs will serve as a one-stop destination for digital banking services such as Yono Business, e-Payments, Cash Management Products, and more.
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
Recent Facilities Launched in Banks & Insurance Sector
- Bajaj Allianz Life launches term insurance plan for Type 2 diabetics
- Yes Bank launches new logo and Life Ko Banao Rich campaign
- Razorpay launcheds “Turbo UPI” with Axis Bank & NPCI
- Axis Bank launches a digital onboarding platform ‘Sarathi’
- Paytm launches Paytm SBI Card on RuPay Network with NPCI
Appointment and Resignation
Indian American Ajay Banga assumes charge as World Bank President
- Indian American, Ajay Banga has assumed charge as the President of the World Bank.
- Banga has become the first-ever Indian-American to head the World Bank. He replaces David Malpass, who announced his decision to step down in February.
- He has been appointed as the 14th President of the World Bank for a five-year term.
- In February 2023, President Joe Biden announced that the US would nominate Banga to lead the World Bank.
- Prior to this role, he served as Vice Chairman at General Atlantic.
About World Bank
- Founded – 1944
- Headquarters – Washington Dc
- President – Ajay Banga
- MD & CFO – Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist – Carman Reinhart
- Executive Director – Rajesh Khullar
- Member Countries -189
- World Bank Group – 5 (IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA and ICSID)
Recent Appointments of Persons of Indian Origin
- 1st-ever Indian-origin Lord Mayor of Birmingham – Chaman Lal
- US Ambassador for Global Women’s Issues – Indian-American Geeta Rao Gupta
- Domestic policy advisor in Biden administration – Indian-origin Neera Tandon
- President of World Bank – Indian-Origin Ajay Banga
- Association of American Universities (AAU) Task Force Chairs – Neeli Bendapudi
Dennis Francis elected 78th UNGA president
- A citizen of Trinidad and Tobago (TT), Dennis Francis created history by becoming the first TT citizen to be elected as the President of the UN General Assembly (UNGA).
- Francis, who has served in the diplomatic service for over 40 years, was nominated on April 1 and faced no opposition in the election.
- He will serve as the 78th President of the UNGA.
- The current General Assembly President, Csaba Kőrösi of Hungary, noted that his successor would bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the post.
About the UNGA
- UNGA is the United Nation’s chief policy-making and representative organ and was created in 1945.
- It is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations (UN).
- It serves as the main deliberative, policy making and representative organ of the United Nations.
- DG of Geological Survey of India (GSI) – Janardan Prasad (replace Dr. S. Raju)
- President of World Meteorological Organization (WMO) – Dr Abdulla Al Mandous (UAE)
- Chairman and MD of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) – Amarendu Prakash
- Sworn in as member of UPSC – Bidyut Bihari Swain
- Shalini becomes 1st girl NCC cadet to complete mountaineering course – Shalini Singh
Suriname confers highest civilian award to President Droupadi Murmu
- President Droupadi was conferred with the highest civilian award of the country, the Grand Order of the Chain of the Yellow Star.
- She is the 1st Indian to receive the award.
- She received the award from Suriname’s President Chandrikapersad Santokhi during her state visit to Suriname.
- The visit coincides with Suriname’s commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the arrival of Indians in the country.
- Capital- Paramaribo
- Currency – Suriname Dollar
- Official language- Dutch
- Continent- South America.
- President – Chandrikapersad Santokhi
- Greentech Safety Award 2023 – Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
- 57th Jnanpith Award – Damodar Maujo
- Honoris Causa at Apex University’s Jaipur – Sonu Sood
- National Water Award 2022 – Chandigarh
- Fiji’s highest civilian award “The Companion of the Order of Fiji” – PM Modi
- Papua New Guinea’s highest civilian award Grand Companion of the Order of Loghu (GCL) – PM Modi
- France’s highest civilian award “Knight of the Legion of Honour” – Tata Chairman N Chandrasekaran
Manisha wins Gold, Reetika clinches Silver at Bishkek Ranking Series
- Manisha won India’s first gold medal in the women’s 65 kg category at the Ranking Series in Kyrgyzstan.
- Reetika won silver in the women’s 72kg event and Sarita Mor won bronze in the women’s 59kg.
- While Manjeet won bronze in Greco-Roman wrestling on 4 May 2023.
- Manisha won four matches in the four rounds she completed which helped her win the gold medal.
Max Verstappen wins Spanish Grand Prix 2023
- Red Bull’s driver Max Verstappen has won the Spanish Grand Prix 2023.
- Red Bull’s dominance continued as they celebrated their seventh consecutive triumph of the season.
- Lewis Hamilton, a seven-time world champion, secured the second spot for Mercedes but trailed a substantial 24.090 seconds behind Verstappen.
- Sergio Perez of Red Bull, Verstappen’s closest contender in what seems to be a season destined to crown the Dutch prodigy for the third time, fought back from an 11th-place start to finish fourth.
- Verstappen’s triumph in Spain marked his fifth win of the season, his third consecutive victory, and his third triumph in Spain.
- It also marked his 40th Formula One win, adding to his remarkable track record.
Recent Grand Prix Winner
- Spanish Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Australian Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2023 – Red Bull’s Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
6 June – UN Russian Language Day
- United Nations celebrates UN Russian Language Day every year on 6 June, which was established by UNESCO in 2010.
- This day aligns with the birthday of Alexander Pushkin, a renowned Russian poet known as the founder of the modern Russian language.
- The purpose of this initiative is to promote equal recognition and appreciation for all six official languages of the UN: English, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, and French.
- Each language is given the opportunity to find its own unique approach and develop its own program of activities for the day, including inviting famous poets and writers and developing informational and thematic materials.
Veteran Actress Sulochana Didi passes away
- Veteran Actress Sulochana Didi passed away at the age of 96.
- Sulochana Didi is famous for her role as a Mother in Bollywood.
- Sulochana Latkar is popularly known as Sulochana didi in Bollywood and Marathi film industry.
- Chimukala Sansar released in 1943 was her first movie. Sulochana Didi has worked in more than 300 Hindi and Marathi Movies.
- Yarana, Kati Patang, Roti Kapda aur Makan, Mere Jeevan Saathi, Sarswatichandra, Johny Mera Naam, Saajan, Aayi Milan Ki Bela, Prem nagar, Nayi Roshni, Sangharsh are some of her popular Hindi movies.
- In 1999 she was honoured with Padmashree. In 2004 Sulochana was awarded with lifetime achievement award by Filmfare.
- She was also awarded by Maharashtra Bhushan, V. Shantaram Award, Best Actress by Maharashtra Government.
Renowned theater actor Aamir Raza Hussain passes away
- Noted theatre actor and director, Amir Raza Husain passed away at the age of 66.
- Hussain was known for his large outdoor stage productions such as “The Fifty Day War” based on the Kargil War and “The Legend of Ram”.
- He was also the Creative Director of the Stagedoor Theatre Company, established in 1974, which has presented over 91 productions and more than 1,100 performances.
- The actor was known for his unforgettable stage plays like ‘The Fifty Day War’ (2000) and ‘The Legend of Ram’.
- Husain was honored with the Padma Shri in 2001 by the Indian government for his contribution to theatre.
- Aamir Raj has acted in super hit movies ‘Baahubali’ and ‘RRR’. He will also be seen in the movie ‘Adipurush’ which will be released on 16th June.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|