Daily Current Affairs 7th and 8th January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
India to host Voice of Global South Summit
- India will host a special virtual Summit on 12th and 13th of January 2023 called ‘Voice of Global South Summit’.
- The theme of the Summit is ‘Unity of Voice, Unity of Purpose. More than 120 countries have been invited for this summit.
- The initiative is inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas and India’s philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
- The summit is India’s attempt to provide a common platform to discuss concerns affecting developing countries.
- India will work to ensure that the valuable inputs generated by participating countries in the Voice of the Global South deliberations receive due cognizance globally.
17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention organized in Madhya Pradesh
- The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention is being organized in Indore from 8th Jan to the 10th of January in partnership with the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- The theme of this PBD conference is “Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal”.
- Over 3,500 Diaspora members from around 70 different countries have registered for the convention.
- The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention is also significant because it is being organized as a physical event for the first time after a gap of four years.
- The postal stamp is dedicated to the safe and legal migration of India’s Pravasi. Ministry of External Affairs had launched the “Surakshit Jayen Prashikshit Jayen” – Go Safe, Go Trained
- The goal of this campaign is to raise public awareness about the importance of using safe and legal channels while traveling for overseas employment.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
World’s first Palm-leaf Manuscript Museum in Thiruvananthapuram
- Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has opened the world’s first museum of palm leaf manuscripts, enriching the state culturally and educationally.
- The museum, which opened last week, has 187 manuscripts chronicling a mine of stories based entirely on primary sources.
- These documents are written on clean and clear palm leaves, which are furnished in the record rooms. In that period these palm leaves were treated before writing the description.
- The museum is a repository of curious nuggets of administrative, socio-cultural and economic facets of the Travancore kingdom which lasted for 650 years till the end of the 19th century.
- It had been the Central Vernacular Records Office since 1887 before becoming a museum.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Anurag Thakur launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website in New Delhi in the curtain raiser event of Y20 Summit India.
- Youth 20 (Y20) is the official youth engagement group of G20.
- It provides a platform that allows youth to express their vision and ideas on the G20 priorities.
- During the event, panel discussions of young achievers will also take place in the second session.
- India is hosting the Y20 summit for the first time. In Youth 20 Engagement Group, India’s key focus is to bring young leaders from all across the globe together and discuss ideas for a better tomorrow and draft an agenda for action.
Recent Inauguration by Anurag Thakur
- Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the Sports Science Centre in Udupi, Karnataka.
- Anurag Singh Thakur launched new dashboard for Khelo India
- Anurag Thakur inaugurated the National Level Kabaddi Championship in Udupi in Karnataka.
- Anurag Thakur unveiled FIH Hockey World Cup 2023 trophy in New Delhi
- Anurag Thakur inaugurated Water Sports Center in Himachal Pradesh
- Anurag Thakur launched the WADA Athlete Biological Passport Symposium
India’s first Inclusion Festival, Purple Fest begins in Goa
- Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Virendra Kumar has inaugurated ‘Purple Fest: Celebrating Diversity’, India’s first festival of inclusion in Goa.
- Objective – To showcase how we can come together to create a welcoming and inclusive world for everyone.
- The Purple Fest will feature a variety of thrilling live performances, sporting events, major exhibitions, immersive experience zones, accessible movie screenings, and talks on important topics such as inclusive education, tourism, employment, and independent living.
- Purple Fest is the first festival of its kind in Goa. It is an inclusive event that aims to highlight how we can work together to make the world a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Virendra Kumar inaugurated the SHILP SAMAGAM-2022 in New Delhi.
- G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 11th edition of the Manipur Sangai Festival.
- Kishan Reddy inaugurated the sixth edition of Ganga Utsav 2022 in New Delhi.
- Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 100 metre-Siyom Bridge in Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
Bihar Government begins caste survey in State
- The Bihar government has begun caste surveys in different parts of the State.
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar made it clear that only castes, not sub- castes along with the economic status of each family will be cataloged.
- The economic condition of each family will be duly mentioned in the survey.
- This caste survey will help in taking the required measures for the upliftment of the deprived sections.
- In the first phase, the number of all the families of the state will be counted and recorded.
- In the second phase of the survey to be held from April 1 to 30, data will be collected regarding the people living in the houses, their caste, and socio-economic status.
- The survey will end on 31 May 2023. About five lakh people have been employed to carry out this entire process.
- The state government will spend Rs 500 crore from its contingency fund for this exercise.
- Capital – Patna
- Chief Minister – Nitish Kumar
- Governor – Phagu Chauhan
Military Tattoo & Tribal Dance Festival to be held in New Delhi
- A Military Tattoo and Tribal Dance Festival – Aadi Shaurya – Parv Parakram Ka will be held at Jawaharlal Nehru stadium in New Delhi on January 23 & 24, 2023.
- The two-day festival will showcase the prowess of the Armed Forces and the ethnic beauty of India’s tribal culture.
- As part of the Republic Day Celebrations 2023 and to mark the 126th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose (celebrated as Parakram Diwas), this festival will showcase the prowess of the Armed Forces and the ethnic beauty of India’s tribal culture.
- The festival is free to attend, with tickets available through bookmyshow.com.
Purushottam Rupala inaugurated 29 mobile veterinary units in Kerala
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Purushottam Rupala inaugurated 29 Mobile Veterinary Units (MVUs) and Centralised Call Center in Thiruvananthapuram Kerala.
- It is a major step for the benefit of the livestock farmers in Kerala. Kerala is deploying 50 MVUs in different districts.
- These MVUs will be operated through a centralized call centre with a uniform Helpline No. 1962.
- It will receive calls from livestock rearers/animal owners and Veterinarians will prioritize all cases on the basis of emergency nature and will transmit them to the nearest MVU for attending at farmer’s doorstep.
- The call center will act as one-stop centres for resolution of veterinary issues.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Rajnath Singh launched ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ website
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Unani Institute in Silchar
- Sanjeev Kumar Balyan inaugurated the Animal Quarantine Certification Services (AQCS) at Hessarghata, Bengaluru.
Odisha CM inaugurated the state-of-the-art hockey stadium in Rourkela
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the state-of-the-art hockey stadium in Rourkela.
- The stadium has been named after legendary freedom fighter Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- The stadium has been built at a cost of 261 crore rupees in a record time of 15 months.
- Along with the stadium, he also inaugurated the Hockey World Cup village which will house the teams of the upcoming hockey World Cup.
- The Stadium, being billed as the World’s largest with a sitting capacity of twenty thousand spectators, will be one of the two venues where the upcoming hockey tournament will be played.
- The Hockey World Cup, being hosted by Odisha for the second time, will also be played in the iconic Kalinga Stadium in the capital Bhubaneswar.
- The prestigious Cup will be vied for by as many as 16 teams, including that of India in the tournament that begins on the 13th to 29th January.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Banking and Financial
RBI to issue green bonds in two tranches of Rs 8,000 crore each
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue Sovereign Green Bonds worth Rs 8,000 crore each in two tranches on January 25 and February 9.
- The proceeds will be deployed in public sector projects which help in reducing the carbon intensity of the economy.
- The RBI will sell two bonds maturing in 5 years and 10 years worth, Rs 4,000 crore each, at every auction. Sovereign green bonds will be issued through Uniform Price Auctions.
- 5 percent of the notified amount of sale will be reserved for retail investors and it will be eligible for Repurchase Transactions (Repo).
- These bonds will be reckoned as eligible investments for Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) purposes.
- The government, in the second half borrowing calendar, had announced raising Rs 16,000 crore through sovereign green bonds, which will be part of the overall Rs 5.92 lakh crore borrowing in the second half.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
India’s GDP to grow at 7.0 percent in FY23: NSO report
- India’s economy is expected to grow 7.0% in the financial year 2023, according to the first advance estimates by the National Statistical Office (NSO) in January 2023.
- It had pegged India’s growth at 7% in the fiscal year 2022.
- The economy grew 9.7 percent in the first half (April-September) of FY23, the data for which was released on November 30.
- The RBI and the World Bank have projected 6.8 per cent and 6.9 percent GDP growth, respectively, in FY23.
- The economy grew 8.7 percent in FY22. In FY23, gross value added (GVA) at basic prices is expected to grow at 6.7 percent.
Updated GDP List
- World Bank – 6.9% (FY23)
- MOODY’S. – 7% (FY23)
- S&P – 7% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- IMF – 6.8% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 7.2% (FY24)
- RBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- India Ratings – 6.9% (FY23)
- FITCH RATING – 7% (FY23), 6.7% (FY24)
- FICCI – 7% (FY23), 6.4% (FY24)
- OECD – 6.6% (FY23), 5.7% (FY24)
- CRISIL – 7% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- NSO – 7% (FY23)
- SBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7.2% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
- Nomura – 7.2% (FY23)
- UNTCAD – 5.7% (FY23)
- Goldman Sachs – 5.9% (FY23)
- UNTCAD – 5.7% (FY23)
Axis Bank partnered with OPEN to launch a fully digital current account
- Private lender Axis Bank has partnered with the digital banking fintech company OPEN to launch a digital current account for its customers including SMEs, freelancers, homepreneurs, influencers and others.
- The current account holders will get access to Axis bank’s over 250 banking services along with OPEN’s financial automation tools for business management including payments, accounting, payroll, compliance, expense management and other such services.
- The authentication process of the digital current account will be completely online using PAN (permanent account number) and Aadhaar followed by a Video KYC (know your customer).
- Axis Bank has around 4,760 domestic branches across the country and it offers services to large and mid-Corporates, SME, agriculture and retail businesses.
About OPEN Company
- Founded in 2017, Open Financial Technologies operates SME neo-banking platform Open Money, embedded finance platform, Zwitch and enterprise digital banking platform for banks, Banking Stack.
- Over 30 lakh businesses currently use its digital banking platform.
- The 100th Unicorn from India, Open is backed by leading global investors like IIFL Finance, Temasek, Google, Visa, Tiger Global, amongst others.
Recent MoUs signed in Banking Sector
- Niva Bupa and Sundaram Finance signed corporate agency agreement
- HDFC Bank partnered with Microsoft for digital transformation
- SBI Card partnered with Punjab & Sind Bank to launch co-brand credit cards
- Bandhan Bank signed MoU with Defence Ministry for defence pensioners
- Spice Money partnered with Axis Bank for financial inclusion in rural India
- YES Bank partnered with Turtlefin to create tech platform ‘EasyNsure’
Appointment and Resignation
Kevin McCarthy elected as new speaker of the US House of Representatives
- Republican leader Kevin McCarthy has been elected as the Speaker of the US House of Representatives.
- He was serving as the House Minority Leader in the House.
- He was picked after days of Election Drama, making the election process for electing the Speaker as the longest in 160 years.
- 57-year-old McCarthy got 216 votes in the final tally, to be elected as Washington’s top legislator, who presides over House business and is second in line to the presidency.
- Secretary General of the Asian Pacific Postal Union (APPU) – Dr. Vinay Prakash Sing
- Bihar’s state icon by Election Commission – Maithili Thakur
- Command of the IAF Western Command – Air Marshal Pankaj Mohan Sinha
- Director General of BSF – Sujoy Lal Thaosen (additional charge)
- Chairperson of the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) – Dinesh Kumar Shukla
- Head of Maharashtra government advisory council – N Chandrasekaran
Pranesh M became India’s 79th Grandmaster
- Tamilnadu’s M Pranesh (16) has clinched the title in the Rilton Cup, the first tournament of the FIDE Circuit, here to become India’s 79th chess Grandmaster.
- After beating GM Frode Olav Olsen Urkedal of Norway, Pranesh attained the required 2500 ELO ratings and won the Rilton Cup in the final round to claim the title.
- With this, he also becomes India’s first Grandmaster of year 2023.
- In December 2022, Koustav Chatterjee became India’s 78th Grandmaster.
GRAND MASTERS OF INDIA
- 78th – Koustav Chatterjee (West Bengal)
- 77th – Aditya Mittal (Maharashtra)
- 76th – Pranav Anand (Karnataka)
- 75th – V. Pranav (Tamil Nadu)
- 74th – Rahul Shrivastava P (Telangana)
- 73rd – Bharath Subramanian (Tamil Nadu)
- 72nd – Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 71st – Sankalp Gupta (Maharstra)
- 70th – Raja Ritwik (Telangana)
6 January – World Day of War Orphans
- The World Day of War Orphans is observed on January 6 every year.
- Objective – To raise awareness about children orphaned in wars.
- The World Day of War Orphans was founded by the French organization SOS Enfants en Detresses.
- The day offers communities an opportunity to address the plight of war orphans.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|