Daily Current Affairs 7th March 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
No sale of gold jewellery without HUID from April 2023
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has prohibited sale of hallmarked gold jewellery or gold artefacts without the six-digit alphanumeric hallmark unique identification number (HUID) after March 31, 2023.
- To promote quality culture in micro-scale units, it has been decided that the BIS will provide 80 percent concession on the certification/minimum marking fee across various product certification schemes.
- Hallmark Unique Identification (HUID) number is a six-digit alphanumeric code consisting of numbers and letters. The six-digit HUID number was introduced on July 1, 2021.
- HUID will be given to every piece of jewellery at the time of hallmarking and it is unique for every piece of jewellery.
- The jewellery is stamped with the unique number manually at the Assaying & Hallmarking Centre (AHC).
- It would ensure traceability and assure quality in gold jewellery.
Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw flag off PM Jan Aushadhi Train
- Union Ministers Mansukh Mandaviya and Ashwini Vaishnaw have flagged off Jan Aushadhi train as part of the week-long celebrations to commemorate the scheme.
- The train, Chhattisgarh Samparkranti Express, was wrapped with branding of Jan Aushadhi scheme to spread awareness about Jan Aushadhi Generic medicines which are available through more than 9,000 Kendra at affordable prices.
- The train will travel to more than four states for two months
- As on January 31 this year, 9,082 Jan Aushadhi outlets were functional across the country, selling around 1,759 drugs and 280 surgical items.
Mansukh Mandaviya in News
- Mansukh Mandaviya chaired CEO Conclave at PLASTINDIA 2023
- Mansukh Mandaviya chaired a high-level meeting to eliminate Kala-Azar from the country by 2023
- Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated FAI Annual Seminar at New Delhi
Jitendra Singh inaugurated Good Governance Conference in Bhopal
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions Jitendra Singh has inaugurated a two-day Regional Conference in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- During the inaugural session, a film on DARPG, Department of Administrative Reforms, and Public Grievances @2022 was also showcased.
- This Conference is an effort to bring the Government and Citizens closer through various administrative reforms at the Centre, State and District levels
- It is being held to bring the Govt and Citizens closer through various administrative reforms.
Recent Inauguration by Jitendra Singh
- Jitendra Singh launched “Geospatial Hackathon”
- Jitendra Singh inaugurated Incubation Centre at NRDC
- Jitendra Singh launched revamped probity portal ‘e-HRM 2.0
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- Jitendra Singh inaugurated a conference on women’s leadership
Piyush Goyal inaugurated 1st Session of Massmerize 2023
- Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the 1st Session of Massmerize 2023 in New Delhi.
- Massmerize is a dialogue forum between government and retail, Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), and e-Commerce sectors to discuss regulatory issues, Macro-Economics, and consumer trends.
- The FMCG sector will truly be a driver of economic growth and moving forward, India will be an important consumer market.
Piyush Goyal in News
- Piyush Goyal will launch the MAARG platform (Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth)
- Piyush Goyal participated 13th Ministerial Meeting of the India-US Trade Policy Forum in Washington DC, USA.
- Piyush Goel launched Portal for mapping of Industrial Units and Laboratories for BIS
- Piyush Goel launched right to repair portal for consumers in New Delhi
- Piyush Goyal co-chairs India-US CEO Forum
- Piyush Goyal inaugurated 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi
PM Modi to inaugurate Disaster Risk Reduction session
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd session of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction on 10th March 2023 in New Delhi.
- The theme of National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction 2023 is ‘building local resilience in the face of climate change.’
- Home Minister Amit Shah will chair the Ministerial session wherein extensive deliberations will be held with the Ministers of States and Union Territories.
- An exhibition will be set up at the venue showcasing the technologies developed by the Startups.
- The two-day Third Session of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction will be attended by over one thousand dignitaries.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi has inaugurated Shivamogga airport in Karnataka.
- PM Modi inaugurated ‘Barisu Kannada Dim Dimava’ cultural festival at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- PM Modi chaired the 41st edition PRAGATI Interaction meeting
- PM Modi virtually inaugurated the Jal Jan Abhiyan in Abu Road in Sirohi district of Rajasthan.
- PM Modi inaugurated national 15th edition of Aadi Mahotsa in New Delhi
- PM Modi inaugurated the 14th edition of the Aero India show in Bengaluru, Karnataka
Electoral Democracy Index 2023: India ranked 108; topped by Denmark
- According to the V-dem Democracy report 2023, India ranks 108th in the Electoral Democracy Index. The country ranks way below countries such as Tanzania, Bolivia, Mexico, Singapore and Nigeria.
- India’s ranking dipped from the 100th position in 2022 to 108th this year in the report’s Electoral Democracy Index (EDI) while it was 97th in the Liberal Democracy Index (LDI).
- Denmark ranked first with the highest comprehensive score of 0.89 in the LDI, followed by Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, and Estonia.
- The government of Denmark respects free speech and the citizens hold full civil liberties, political rights, and voting in an environment of free and fair elections.
- The US ranked 23 in the LDI while Canada and the UK occupied 24th and 20th spots, respectively.
- The Varieties of Democracy (V-Dem) report is based on the global dataset on democracy with over 31 million data points for 202 countries from 1789 to 2022. Here’s a look at the top 10 democracies in the world.
- Pakistan slipped two steps lower at 106th in the LDI and 110th in the EDI.
- International IP Index: India ranked 42 in 55 countries; topped by USA
- Global Fire Power Index 2023: India ranked 4th; topped by US
- Henley Passport Index 2023: India ranked 85; topped by Japan
- List of best Cuisines of the World by Taste Atlas – India ranked 5th; topped by Italy
- Social Progress Index 2022: Puducherry best-performing States; Jharkhand and Bihar scored the lowest
- Global Food Security Index (GFSI) 2022: India ranked 68th; topped by Finland
- Global ranking in scientific publications paper – India ranked 3rd, topped by China
- Passport Index 2022 published by Arton Capital – India ranked 87th; topped by UAE
- Global Aviation Safety Rankings: India ranked 48th; topped by Singapore
Banking and Financial
RBI launched Mission ‘Har Payment Digital’ to promote digital payments
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched the Mission ‘Har Payment Digital’ on the occasion of Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW) 2023.
- This is part of RBI’s endeavour to make every person in India a user of digital payments. DPAW 2023 will be observed from the 6 to12 of March 2023.
- The campaign theme is “Digital Payment Apnao, Auron ko bhi Sikhao” (Adopt digital payments and Also teach others)
- Har Payment Digital” is aimed at reinforcing the ease and convenience of digital payments and facilitating the onboarding of new consumers into the digital fold.
- The Reserve Bank will also initiate a ‘75 Digital Villages’ programme in observance of 75 years of Independence.
- Under this programme, Payment System Operators will adopt 75 villages across the country and convert them into digital payment enabled villages.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Appointment and Resignation
Sashidhar Jagdishan reappointed as MD & CEO of HDFC Bank
- The board of directors of HDFC Bank has recommended the reappointment of Sashidhar Jagdishan as Managing Director and CEO for three years, with effect from 27 October 2023.
- Sashidhar Jagdishan joined the Bank in 1996 and was appointed as a chief financial officer in 2008, after which he was appointed as the MD and CEO.
- The Bank also informed that it is subject to the approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the shareholders.
About HDFC Bank
- Founded – August 1994
- Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline – We understand your world
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- As member of Advisory Committee of SIFL, SEFL by RBI – V Ramachandra
- CEO of JP Morgan Chase & Co (India) – Prabdev Singh
- RBI Deputy Governor – Michael Patra (reappointment)
- MD & CEO of Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL) – Surinder Chawla
- Interim CEO of BharatPe – Nalin Negi
- CEO of Bank of Singapore – Jason Moo
Sheikh Ahmad Nawaf al-Sabah re-appointed as Prime Minister of Kuwait
- Crown prince, Sheikh Ahmad Nawaf al-Sabah has been re-appointed as the Prime Minister of Kuwait.
- This decision came more than a month after the government resigned due to increased tensions with the parliament.
- Crown Prince Sheikh Meshal al-Ahmad al-Sabah, who also oversees the duties of the ruling emir has nominated Sheikh Ahmed.
- Although political parties are prohibited in Kuwait, the legislature has more power than similar bodies in other Gulf monarchies.
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- President of Vietnam – Vo Van Thuong
- President of Bangladesh – Mohammad Shahabuddin
- President of Cyprus – Nikos Christodoulides
- First female PM of Equatorial Guinea – Manuela Roka Botey
- President of the Czech Republic – Petr Pavel (Former Chairman of NATO)
- Prime Minister of New Zealand – Chris Hipkins
- Deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand – Carmel Sepuloni
- Prime Minister of Nepal – Pushpa Kamal Dahal
S.S. Dubey takes charge as Controller General of Accounts
- Sanjiva Shankar Dubey took charge as the 28th Controller General of Accounts (CGA).
- He is a 1989-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer.
- Prior to taking charge as the CGA, Shri Dubey was the Additional Controller General of Accounts, Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- CGA is ‘the Principal Advisor’ on Accounting Matters to the Union Government.
- CGA is responsible for establishing and managing a technically sound Management Accounting System and preparation & submission of the accounts of the Union government.
- CGA is also responsible for exchequer control and conduct of internal audits for the central government.
- Chairperson of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) – Jishnu Barua
- CEO of NITI Aayog – BVR Subrahmanyam (replaced P Iyer)
- Coach of Indian boxing team -Dmitry Dmitruk
- CMD of Indian Telephone Industries (ITI) – Rajesh Rai
- MD of Jaguar Land Rover India – VP Rajan Amba
- Vice Chief of Army -MV Suchindra Kumar
Vinod Kumar Shukla won PEN/Nabokov Lifetime Achievement Award 2023
- Chhattisgarh’s senior writer and eminent Hindi litterateur Vinod Kumar Shukla has been awarded the prestigious PEN/Nabokov Award for 2023 for achievement in international literature at a function organized by PEN America in New York.
- In this award, he was given an amount of 50 thousand dollars (about 41 lakh rupees).
- Shukla, a Hindi story writer, novelist and poet, is the first Indian-Asian origin writer to be conferred with this highest honour.
- The award was founded in 2016 by Pen America in collaboration with the Vladimir Nabokov Literary Foundation to honour a living author whose work, written in or translated into English, represents the highest level of achievement in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and/or drama, and is of enduring originality and consummate craftsmanship.
- BBC Indian Sportswoman of The Year for 2022 – Mirabai Chanu
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 – Sajjan Jindal
- Marconi Prize 2023 – Hari Balakrishnan
- Swaraj Trophy for Best District Panchayat – Kollam district (Kearla)
- First Shane Warne Men’s Test Player of the Year award – Usman Khawaja
Indo-France joint exercise FRINJEX-23 commenced in Kerala
- The first Joint Military Exercise FRINJEX-23 between Indian Army and French Army has been conducted at Pangode Military Stations, Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.
- The exercise is aimed at enhancing inter-operability, coordination and cooperation between both forces at the tactical level.
- The scope of the exercise involves the establishment and operationalization of a joint command post to secure an envisaged area for undertaking joint humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, establishing an Internally Displaced Population (IDP) camp and move of disaster relief material.
- Thiruvananthapuram-based Indian Army troops and French 6th Light Armoured Brigade are participating in the exercise.
- 1st Joint Military Exercise FRINJEX-23 between Indian Army and French Army has been conducted at Pangode Military Station, Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.
- INS Trikand is participating in the International Maritime Exercise/ Cutlass Express 2023 (IMX/CE-23) being held in the Gulf
- Indian Air Force to participate in Exercise Desert Flag VIII in UAE
- India – Japan joint training exercise “Dharma Guardian” will be conducted at Camp Imazu in the Shiga province of Japan from 17 February – 2 March.
- 6th edition of the joint exercise TARKASH’ has concluded in Chennai by the National Security Guard (NSG) and the US Special Operations Force (SOF).
Daniil Medvedev won Dubai Tennis Championships title 2023
- Russian tennis player, Daniil Medvedev has defeated his Russian compatriot Andrey Rublev by 6-2, 6-2 to win the Dubai Tennis Championships title 2023.
- With this performance, he moved to sixth in the ATP rankings, while Rublev dropped to number seven.
- After winning the trophies in Rotterdam and Doha in February 2023, he is the third player to win three titles in as many weeks since 2021, joining Casper Ruud (July 2021) and Felix Auger-Aliassime (October 2022).
Book and Author
A book “India’s Struggle for Independence – Gandhian Era” released
- Supreme Court Judge Justice V. Ramasubramanian has released a book titled India’s Struggle for Independence – Gandhian Era.
- The book is authored by P. Jyothimani, former Judge, of Madras High Court, and G. Balan, former professor of history, at Pachiayappa’s College, Tamil Nadu
- The book covers aspects such as relevance of Mahatma Gandhi as on date and said the book has to reach the younger generation for simple and better living of people.
- India’s Vaccine Growth Story- From Cowpox to Vaccine Maitri’ – Released by Mansukh Mandaviya
- Modi: Shaping a Global order in flux – JP Nadda
- The Poverty of Political Economy : How Economics Abandoned the Poor – Meghnad Desai
- India’s Knowledge Supremacy: The New Dawn – Dr. Ashwin Fernandes
- Coaching Beyond : My Days with the Indian Cricket Team – R. Kaushik & R. Sridhar
- Irrfan Khan: A Life in Movies – Shubhra Gupta
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here