Daily Current Affairs 7th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Mathura-Vrindavan to become a carbon-neutral tourist destination by 2041
- UP government aims to make one of India’s largest pilgrimage centres, Mathura-Vrindavan a ‘net zero carbon emission’ tourist destination by 2041.
- This means that tourist vehicles will be banned from the entire Braj region, which includes famous pilgrim centres such as Vrindavan and Krishna Janmabhoomi.
- Instead, only electric vehicles used as public transport will be allowed into the area.
- All 252 water bodies and 24 forests in the area will also be revived.
- The eight key cities of Mathura, Vrindavan, Gokul, Barsana, Baldeo, Gokul, Nandgaon, Govardhan and Mahavan will also be connected through an inland water system and a narrow-guage railway line.
- The existing 12.9 km railway line connecting the twin cities of Mathura and Vrindavan will be redeveloped, providing pilgrims access to Krishna Janma Bhoomi and Dwarkadhish temple in Mathura, and Banke Bihari and other temples in Vrindavan.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Centre constituted a panel for Higher Educational Institutions; chaired by Dr. K. Radhakrishnan
- Centre has constituted a high-level panel to strengthen the assessment and accreditation of higher educational institutions.
- The committee has been formed under the chairmanship of K Radhakrishnan, chairperson, Board of Governors, IIT Kanpur. He is also the chairperson of IIT Council Standing Committee.
- The committee will also prepare a roadmap for the National Accreditation Council envisioned in the National Education Policy, 2020.
Recent Committee in News
- Government formed 5-member committee to review pharma marketing practices – V K Paul
- SEBI reconstituted 21 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) – M S Sahoo
- SEBI restructured Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC)- Gurumoorthy Mahalingam
- SC appointed panel for recovery of money from NSEL defaulters- Pradeep Nandrajog
- Government sets up committee to develop framework on right to repair – Nidhi Khatri
- Centre formed a committee to strengthen MSP system – Sanjay Agarwal
Nagaland organized Tokhu Emong Bird Count
- The first edition of the Tokhu Emong Bird Count (TEBC) has organized by
- Objective – To spread awareness about Nagaland’s bird diversity
- This event has organized in collaboration with the Wokha Forest Division and the Divisional Management Unit, Nagaland Forest Management Project (NFMP), Wokha, and Bird Count India.
- It was held during the Tokhu Emong post-harvest festival of the Lotha Nagas.
- Capital- Kohima
- Chief Minister- Neiphiu Rio
- Governor- Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
Uttarakhand CM launched Lakhpati Didi Yojana
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has inaugurated the ‘Lakhpati Didi’ fair at the survey of India Maidan, Hathbarkala in Dehradun.
- The Rural Development department of the Uttarakhand government has made preparations to make 1.25 lakh women from self-help groups ‘lakhpatis’ (earning over Rs 1 lakh) by 2025.
- As part of ‘Vision 2025’ initiative, Uttarakhand celebrate the silver jubilee year of the establishment of state, and will work to make 1.25 lakh sisters of state lakhpati didis.
- The income of each female staff of various groups and departments will be increased to more than Rs 1 lakh per year.
Recent Scheme launched by Uttarakhand Government
- Mukhyamantri Swarojgar Yojana
- Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana
- Hans Jal Dhara Yojana
- Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme (Ekikrit Adarsh Krishi Gram Yojana)
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
Guyana President to be chief guest at 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Indore
- President of Guyana Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali will be the chief guest at the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Diva Convention, organized in Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 8 -10 January 2023.
- Member of Parliament of Australia Zaneta Mascarenhas will be the guest of honour at the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas which will be held on 8th January 2023.
- The theme of the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas – Diaspora: Reliable Partners for India’s Progress in Amrit Kaal
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated once in every two years to strengthen the engagement of the overseas Indian community with the Government of India and reconnect them with their roots.
- The 9th of January was chosen as the day to celebrate this occasion because it was on this day in 1915, Mahatma Gandhi returned to India from South Africa.
- The first Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was organized in 2003 to mark the contribution of the Overseas Indian community in the development of India.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Russia becomes India’s top oil supplier in October
- As per the data of Vortexa (Energy Cargo Tracker) Russia has surpassed Saudi Arabia and Iraq to become the top oil supplier of India in October 2022.
- Russia now supplies almost 22% of India’s total crude imports, ahead of Iraq’s 20.5 per cent and Saudi Arabia’s 16 percent.
- Russia, which imported 0.2% of all oil by India in March 2022, has supplied 9,35,556 barrels per day of crude oil to India in October (highest ever).
- In June 2022, Iraq was top oil supplier, while Russia was at second.
- Capital – Moscow
- Currency – Rubel
- President – Vladimir Putin
Appointment and Resignation
Anant Goenka appointed as Interim MD of Zensar Tech
- Technology services company Zensar Technologies Ltd has appointed Anant Goenka as Interim Managing Director.
- As the present CEO Ajay Bhutoria is undergoing treatment for an undisclosed health condition.
- Goenka is presently working as MD at Ceat Ltd.
- He has been appointed for a term up to the next annual general meeting of the company or 31 July 2023 whichever is earlier subject to requisite approvals.
- Independent Director of Reliance Industries (RIL) – K V Kamath
- CEO of Energy Efficiency Services Ltd – Vishal Kapoor
- President of FICCI Subhrakant Panda
- Chairman of BPCL – VR Krishna Gupta
- Director General of Police of Rajasthan – Umesh Mishra
- Executive Chairman of Samsung Electronic – Jay Y Lee
Tayyab Ikram elected as President of International Hockey Federation
- Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) CEO Mohammad Tayyab Ikram (Macau) has been elected as the new president of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) for two years.
- He has succeeded Narinder Batra (India) as its full-time chief.
- He has defeated Marc Coudron (Belgium) in the 48th FIH Congress.
- Batra became the FIH president in 2016, resigned from the post in July.
- After the resignation of Batra, Seif Ahmed had served as the acting president of the FIH.
About International Hockey Federation (FIH)
- Founded- 7 January 1924, Paris, France
- Founder- Paul Léautey
- Headquarters- Lausanne, Switzerland
- CEO- Thierry Weil
- President- Tayyab Ikram (Macau)
- Motto- FairPlay Friendship Forever
- Chairperson of Air Transport Committee of ICAO – Shefali Juneja
- Chairman of Quality Council of India (QCI) – Jaxay Shah
- UNHRC Special Rapporteur – Dr. K.P. Ashwini
- Revenue Secretary – Sanjay Malhotra
- CMD of India Trade Promotion Organization – Pradeep Kharola
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA)- Bharati Das
Amit Dasgupta appointed as a member in the Order of Australia
- Amit Dasgupta has been appointed as an Honorary Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) for his contribution to the Australia-India bilateral relationship.
- He served as the Consul-General of India to Sydney from 2009 to 2012.
- He is a tireless promoter of Australia-India relations, challenging the nations’ governments and people to realise the underlying potential of a stronger bilateral relationship.
- Capital – Canberra
- Currency – Dollar
- President – Anthony Albanese
- New Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court – Justice Pankaj Mithal
- New Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court – Justice PB Varale
- New Chief Justice of the Justice J&K and Ladakh High Court – Justice AM Magrey
- Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) – A Balasubramanian
- Vice President of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF) – Dr. Anil Kumar
Government appointed non-executive Chairman in four Public Sector Banks
- Non-Executive Chairman has been appointed on the Boards of four Public Sector Banks — Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB), Union Bank of India and Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) respectively following approval given by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Vijay Srirangam has been appointed as part-time Non Official Director and Non-Executive Chairman of Canara Bank for three years.
- K G Ananthakrishnan has been appointed as part-time Non Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of PNB for a term of three years.
- Srinivasan Varadarajan has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Union Bank of India for a term of three years.
- Charan Singh has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non- Executive Chairman of Punjab & Sind Bank for a term of two years.
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- Chairman of Punjab National Bank (PNB) – AK Goel (reappointment)
- Chairman of SBI – Dinesh Khara (reappointment)
- MD & CEO of Bank of Maharashtra – A S Rajeev (reappointment)
- Deputy Chairman of Mashreq Bank – Madhav Nair (reappointment)
- Additional and Independent Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank – C S Rajan
Byju’s appointed Lionel Messi as brand ambassador to promote education for all
- Ed-tech platform BYJU’s has appointed football player Lionel Messi as its first global brand ambassador of its social impact arm ‘Education For All’.
- Messi, who plays for Paris Saint-Germain and captains the Argentinian football team, has signed an agreement with BYJU’S to promote the cause of equitable education.
- That is the kind of opportunity that BYJU’S Education For All (EFA) wants to create for the nearly 5.5 million children it currently empowers
- Earlier this year, BYJU’S became the official sponsor of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- T20 World Cup for the Blind – Yuvraj Singh
- Sourav Ganguly – Bandhan Bank
- Smriti Mandhana – Gulf Oil Lubricants.
- Rohit Sharma & his wife Ritika Sajdeh – Max Life Insurance
- Punyakoti Dattu Yojana (Karnataka)- Kiccha Sudeep
- Vaani Kapoor – Noise X-Fit 2 Smartwatch
- Ravi Shastri – FanCode
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Garuda Aerospace
- Robin Uthappa – Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (Ka-BHI)
- Shubman Gill & Ruturaj Gaikwad – My11Circle
- Rishabh Pant – Dish TV India
- Jhulan Goswami -All Women Match Official Team
- Rishabh Pant – Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador
- Jasprit Bumrah- Unix
- Ravindra Jadeja – Kinara Capital
- Smriti Mandhana – IIT Madras incubated startup, GUVI
- Saurav Ganguly – Century LED
- Rahul Dravid – PLAETO
Suryakumar Yadav becomes 1st Indian player to score 1,000 T20 runs
- Indian batsman Suryakumar Yadav has become the first Indian and second player to score 1,000 T20 International runs in a calendar year.
- Suryakumar has 1,026 runs at an average of 44.60 in 28 innings this year. His bat has produced one hundred and nine half-centuries, with a top score of 117. The strike rate for these runs was 186.24.
- He has accomplished this feat in final Super 12 stage match against Zimbabwe at Melbourne.
- He has scored 61 not out of just 25 balls, consisting of six fours and four sixes.
- In 2021, Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan scored 1,326 runs at an average of 73.66. Rizwan scored a century and 12 half-centuries that year, with the score of 104* (not out).
7 November – Infant Protection Day
- Infant Protection Day is observed annually on November 7.
- Objective – To spread awareness about the measures to be taken to save the lives of infants and provide sufficient protection and care.
- With this day, the government aims to make people aware of the lack of protection and proper care that children demand at their early stages of life.
- According to a report by the World Health Organization, in 2019 over 2.4 million infants died in their first month of life. Every day more than 7000 children die, putting child mortality of those aged 5 and under at 47 percent.
- Infant mortality is much higher in India than in other nations because of the poor healthcare system and facilities. A Child Mortality report by the United Nations observed 721,000 infant deaths in India in 2018.
7 November – National Cancer Awareness Day
- National Cancer Awareness Day in India is observed on November 7.
- Objective – To create awareness about treatment of the disease in the county, which is one of the leading causes of deaths.
- National Cancer Awareness Day was first announced by the then Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan, in September 2014
- This day coincides with the birth anniversary of the Nobel Prize winner Marie Curie, a scientist born in 1867.
India’s first voter Shyam Saran Negi passed away
- The first voter of independent India Shyam Saran Negi passed away recently at the age of 106 in Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh.
- He had cast his vote for the 34th time for the Himachal assembly polls.
- In 1951, he was a member of the polling team and vividly remembers that he cast his first vote in Shonthong polling station.
- Negi was also made the brand ambassador by the Election Commission.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|