Daily Current Affairs 8th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Anurag Thakur inaugurated India’s 1st Drone Training Conference
- Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports, and Information and Broadcasting Anurag Singh Thakur has inaugurated India’s first Drone Skilling and Training Virtual E-Learning Platform in Chennai.
- He also launched 1000 planned Drone Centre of Excellence at Garuda Aerospace’s Manufacturing unit in Chennai, and also flagged off Garuda Aerospace’s Drone Yatra, ‘Operation 777.
- Operation 777′ is meant to demonstrate the efficacy of drones across 777 districts in India.
- Garuda Aerospace is a Chennai-based start-up dealing in drone technology, and its Kisan Drones are fitted with sensors, cameras, and sprayers and help in increasing food crop productivity, reducing crop loss, reduce farmer exposure to harmful chemicals.
Recent Inauguration by Anurag Thakur
- Anurag Thakur inaugurated Water Sports Center in Himachal Pradesh
- Anurag Thakur launched the WADA Athlete Biological Passport Symposium.
- Anurag Thakur has inaugurated ’53 Hours Challenge’ for ‘75 Creative Minds Tomorrow’.
- Anurag Thakur inaugurated Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Assembly in New Delhi
India to host 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas in Indore in January 2023
- India will be hosting the 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas in Indore from 8-10 January 2023.
- President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali will be the Chief Guest at the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD).
- Australian Member of Parliament (MP) Zaneta Mascarenhas will be the guest of honour at the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas which will be held on 8 January 2023.
- The Convention was held in a virtual format. The theme of the 16th PBD Convention 2021 was “Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
Karthigai Deepam Chariot festival held in Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- The Karthigai Deepam Chariot festival has been organized at Tiruparangunram in Madurai, Tamil Nadu after a gap of two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This festival is mentioned in the literature of Tamils known as Ahananuru, a collection of poems.
- It is one of the great books of Sangam literature that talks about the happenings between 200 BC and 300 AD.
- Avaiyyar, renowned woman of Sangam age also mentions about karthigai Deepam in her poems.
Oxford’s Word of the Year for 2022 – Goblin Mode
- Oxford University Press (OUP) publishers of Oxford English Dictionary have selected “goblin mode” as the 2022 Oxford word of the year..
- It refers to a type of behavior which is “unapologetically self-indulgent, lazy, slovenly, or greedy, typically in a way that rejects social norms or expectations” – traits that may have become familiar to many during lockdown.
The rise of ‘goblin mode’
- The term was first used in 2009 but went viral on social media earlier this year.
- It shot to prominence after a fake headline claimed that the rapper formerly known as Kanye West and Julia Fox broke up after she “went goblin mode.
Recent Word of the Year 2022
- Merriam-Webster’s word of the year for 2022 – Gaslighting’
- Collins Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2022 – Permacrisis
- Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2022 – Homer
Opening Ceremony of International Year of Millets 2023 held in Rome
- The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, organized an opening ceremony for the International Year of Millets 2023 in Rome, Italy.
- An Indian delegation led by Sushri Shobha Karandlaje, Minister of State, Agriculture & Farmers Welfare along with Smt. Shubha Thakur, Joint Secretary (Crops), DA&FW, and other senior officials were present at the opening ceremony.
- India sponsored the proposal for the International Year of Millets 2023 which was accepted by the UN’s General Assembly.
- In India, millets are primarily a Kharif crop, requiring less water and agricultural inputs.
India to organize 12th World Hindi conference in Fiji in February 2023
- The 12th World Hindi Conference is being organized by the Ministry of External Affairs in collaboration with the Government of Fiji from 15-17 February 2023 in Fiji.
- Theme – Hindi: From Traditional Knowledge to Artificial Intelligence
- The registration fee for Indian citizens is Rs. 2000, for Indian students Rs. 500, foreigners $50 and foreign student $10.
- According to the UN report of 2020, Fiji had a population of more than 896,000 and out of which over 30% is of Indian origin.
- Capital- Suva
- Currency- Fijian dollar
- President – Wiliame Katonivere
Banking and Financial
Spice Money partnered with Axis Bank for financial inclusion in rural India
- Spice Money has partnered with Axis Bank to facilitate the opening of instant, zero-balance savings or current accounts for rural citizens through its Adhikari network.
- Objective – To bridge the rural-urban divide and bring financial inclusivity by providing access to banking products to the last mile at their doorstep.
- The Spice Money network, comprising more than 10 lakh Adhikaris, covers more than 18,000 pin codes, 700 districts and 5,000 blocks, serving over 10 crore households.
- A regulated entity under RBI, the fintech firm delivers various financial services such as cash deposit and withdrawal, and insurance premiums to the rural masses.
About Axis Bank
- Founded – 1993
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Rakesh Makhija
- MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhary
- Tagline – Badhti Ka naam Zindag
Recent Agreements Signed in Banking Sector
- YES Bank partnered with Turtlefin to create tech platform ‘EasyNsure’
- Tata Power Solar Systems partnered with Union Bank of India to help MSME sector
- Federal Bank partnered with JCB India to finance heavy equipment buyers
- IFSCA signed MoU with the Reserve Bank of India for collaboration in the field of regulation
- NIIFL signed an agreement with JBIC to boost Japanese investments in India
Appointment and Resignation
Justice Tashi Rabstan appointed as acting chief justice of J&K HC
- The Government of India has appointed Justice Tashi Rabstan as the Acting Chief justice of the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh High Court.
- He has replaced incumbent Chief Justice Ali Mohd Magrey, who retired on 7th December 2022.
- President is pleased to appoint Justice Tashi Rabstan, the senior-most judge of the high court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Justice Rabstan had enrolled as an Advocate on 6th March 1990 in the Bar Council of J&K.
- He remained as Standing Counsel for Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Leh from 1997 till 2005.
- Supreme Court judges retire on attaining the age of 65 years, and high court judges retire at 62.
- Chairman and MD of Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI) – K.V. Suresh Kumar
- Chairperson of the National Statistical Commission – Rajeeva Laxman Karandikar
- National Commission for Backward Classes chairperson – Hansraj Gangaram
- President of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) for 2022-23 – Vijender Sharma
- President of Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) for 2022-23 – Prasanth Kumar
Kanitkar appointed Batting Coach of Indian Women’s Cricket
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Hrishikesh Kanitkar as the Batting Coach of the Senior Women’s cricket team.
- Kanitkar will take charge of the team from the upcoming five-match T20I series against Australia starting 9th December in Mumbai.
- The Indian national women cricket team has been without a head coach for the past two months since the completion of the tenure of Romesh Powar.
- Kanitkar played two Tests and 34 ODIs for India between 1997 and 2000.
- He was also the coach of India’s U19 team, which won the ICC Under-19 Men’s Cricket World Cup in 2022.
- Office and secrecy as UPSC Member- Preeti Sudan
- Foreign Secretary – Vinay Mohan Kwatra (reappointment)
- State Presidium of CDU in Germany – Gurdeep Randhawa
- Chairman of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) – T G Sitharam
- CEO of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) – Vinit Kumar
Arun Kumar Singh appointed as Chairman of ONGC for 3 years
- Former BPCL chairman Arun Kumar Singh has been appointed as Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
- Vetsa Rama Krishna Gupta has taken over the additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), post-superannuation of Arun Kumar Singh.
- ONGC had been without a regular chairman and managing director since April 2021.
- The eligibility criteria for board-level position at PSU for an internal candidate should not be more than 58 years of age on the date of the vacancy.
- While the eligibility for criteria external candidates is the maximum age of 57 years on the date of the vacancy.
- GAIL Chairman-Sandeep Kumar Gupta
- BHEL Chairman-Dr. Nalin Shinghal
- IOC Chairman-Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
Veena Nair won Prime Minister’s prize in Australia
- Indian-origin teacher Veena Nair has honoured with the 2022 Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in secondary schools in Australia.
- She is ViewBank College’s Head of Technology and STEAM project leader.
- She was awarded for demonstrating practical application of STEAM to students, and how they can use their skills to make a real impact in the world.
- She started her teaching career in Mumbai, where she provided computers to low socio-economic schools.
- Nadoja Award – S Shadakshari, Krishnappa G & Dr. C N Manjunath
- Best Director at New York Film Critics Circle – SS Rajamouli for RRR Film
- Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize 2022 – Chipko Movement (Shekhar Pathak)
- Banker’s Bank of the Year Award 2022 for the India segment – Canara Bank
- Earthshot Prize 2022 – Telangana startup Kheyti.
Ukrainian President Zelenskiy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Time magazine named Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy 2022’s “Person of the Year“.
- He inspired Ukrainians and won global accolades for his courage in resisting Russia’s devastating invasion.
- Women in Iran were Time’s 2022 Heroes of the year and the K-pop band Blackpink were recognized as Time’s Entertainer of the year.
- American baseballer Aaron Judge has been recognized as the Athlete of the Year and Malaysian actress Michelle Yeoh is the Icon of the Year.
- Elon Musk, who was last year’s winner, was again listed as a finalist. In 2021, his electric car company, Tesla, became the most valuable carmaker in the world.
- Australia’s Superstars of STEM 2022 – Neelima Kadiyala, Dr. Ana Baburamani, and Dr. Indrani Mukherjee
- ICFT-UNESCO Gandhi Medal at IFFI 53 – Iranian film ‘Nargesi’
- 41st IITF 2022 – Ministry of Health
- Champions of the Earth award – Purnima Devi Burman
- Para Sports Person of the Year 2022 – Avani Lekhara
- Gold in e-Governance category – Panchayati Raj Ministry
Mirabai Chanu won silver at Weightlifting World Championship in Colombia
- Mirabai Chanu won the silver medal at the World Weightlifting Championships 2022 in Colombia.
- She beat the Tokyo 2020 champion Hou Zhihua of China.
- Mirabai lifted a combined weight of 200 kg compared to Zhihua’s total of 198 kg.
- This was Mirabai’s second medal at the World Championships, having previously won gold in 2017 with a lift of 194 kg.
- She lifted a combined weight of 200 kg compared to Zhihua’s total of 198 kg.
- Meanwhile, China’s Jiang Huihua took home the gold medal with a combined weight of 206 kg.
Aditya Mittal becomes India’s 77th Chess Grandmaster
- 16-year-old Mumbai Player Aditya Mittal has become the 77th Chess Grandmaster of India during an ongoing Ellobregat Open tournament in Spain.
- He had secured three GM norms, crossed live rating of 2,500 ELO points mark during the sixth round of the ongoing tournament.
- He drew the game against Francisco Vallejo Pons to achieve the feat.
- Mittal earned his maiden GM norm at Serbia Masters 2021.
- Subsequently, he obtained his second GM norm at Ellobregat Open 2021. The teenager secured his third GM norm at Serbia Masters 2022.
GRAND MASTERS OF INDIA (Chess)
- 77th – Aditya Mittal (Maharashtra)
- 76th – Pranav Anand (Karnataka)
- 75th – V. Pranav (Tamil Nadu)
- 74th – Rahul Shrivastava P (Telangana)
- 73rd – Bharath Subramanian (Tamil Nadu)
- 72nd – Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 71st – Sankalp Gupta (Maharstra)
- 70th – Raja Ritwik (Telangana)
Eminent economist Yoginder K Alagh passed away
- A well-known economist, former minister, and an emeritus professor at Ahmedabad-based Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research (SPIESR) Yoginder K Alagh passed away
- He was born in Chakwal (in present-day Pakistan) in 1939.
- Professor Y.K. Alagh was passionate about various aspects of public policy, particularly rural development, the environment, and economics.
- As chairman of the Agricultural Prices Commission between 1982-83.
- From 1992 to 1996, Alagh was vice-chancellor of the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU),
- In 1996, Alagh was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat, and was a member until 2000. He also served as the Union Minister of State for Planning and Programme Implementation, Science and Technology, and Power during 1996-98.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|