Daily Current Affairs 8th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Rising Sun Water Festival 2022 concluded in Meghalaya
- The Three-day watersport Rising Sun Water Festival 2022 has concluded at Umiam Lake, Meghalaya.
- First of its kind in the North East, the fest aimed at encouraging the sports-loving youth of North East to take up water sports like Rowing and Sailing.
- It was an initiative by the Indian Army’s Eastern Command with the governments of Assam and Meghalaya.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – D. Mishra (additional charge)
Popular Festivals of Meghalaya
- Nongkrem Dance Festival
- Wangala Festival
- Ahaia Festival
- Behdeinkhlam Festival
- Shad Sukra Festival
- Cherry Blossom Festival
Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 13 road projects worth Rs 5315 crore in Madhya Pradesh
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari and Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan have laid the foundation stone and inaugurated 13 road projects worth 5,315 crore rupees in Jabalpur and Mandla districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- The foundation stone of five road projects of 329 km worth Rs 1261 crores at Police Ground, Mandla.
- They also inaugurated eight road projects 214 km long costing Rs 4054 crores at Veterinary College Ground in Jabalpur.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Anurag Thakur inaugurated Water Sports Center in Himachal Pradesh
- Anurag Thakur launched the WADA Athlete Biological Passport Symposium.
- Nirmala Sitharaman launched e-learning platform Bharat Vidya
- Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated 4th Heli-India Summit 2022.
- Nitin Gadkari launched Toyota pilot project on Flex-Fuel Strong Hybrid EV.
DMRC signed an MoU with BEL for a control system
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has signed an MoU with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the development of an indigenous communication-based train control system.
- The DMRC and BEL have also jointly developed the i-ATS (indigenous Automatic Train Supervision System) which is currently under the implementation stage.
- The system is being widely adopted by most of the countries around the globe, especially for its feature of moving block which allows high frequency of trains.
- Being the latest technology in the field of metro train signaling, CBTC promises efficient use of metro infrastructure, providing safe operations.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Founded -1954
- Headquarters – Bengaluru
- It has been granted Navratna status by the Government of India.
Reliance ranked 20th in Forbes’ World’s Best Employers rankings 2022
- According to Forbes’ World’s Best Employers rankings 2022, Reliance Industries has ranked 20th in the index and become the only Indian firm to place in the top 20 rankings.
- The global ranking was topped by South Korean giant Samsung Electronics, followed by Microsoft, IBM, Alphabet, and Apple.
- US companies occupy rankings from 2nd to 12th, followed by German automaker BMW Group at 13th. The world’s largest online retailer Amazon is ranked 14th in the list and French giant Decathlon is at 15th rank.
- There is no Indian company other than Reliance in the top 100.
- HDFC Bank is ranked 137th, Bajaj (173rd), Aditya Birla Group (240th), Hero Motocorp (333rd), Larsen & Toubro (354th), ICICI Bank (365th), HCL Technologies (455th), State Bank of India (499th), Adani Enterprises (547th) and Infosys (668th) are the other companies on the list
Former Justice Rituraj Awasthi appointed as Chairperson of Law Commission
- The Centre has appointed former Karnataka HC Chief Justice, Rituraj Awasthi as the chairperson of 22nd Law Commission of India.
- Justice KT Sankaran, Professor Anand Paliwal, Professor DP Verma, Professor Raka Arya, and M Karunanithi have been appointed as members of the commission.
22nd Law Commission
- The Law Commission is constituted for three years and the 22nd Law Commission was notified on February 24, 2020.
- The law panel has been lying vacant since the retirement of former Supreme Court judge Justice BS Chauhan in 2018.
- The term of 21st Law Commission was ended on August 31, 2018, which was headed by former SC judge Justice BS Chauhan.
Vice President to participate ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar will attend the ASEAN-India summit in Cambodia on 11 November 2022.
- Dhankhar will also represent India at the 17th East Asia Summit during his three-day visit to the Southeast Asian nation.
- Dhankhar will also have bilateral engagements with the Cambodian leadership, besides holding meetings with leaders from several other countries.
- Cambodia is hosting these summits in its capacity as the current chair of the ASEAN.
- This year marks the 30th anniversary of ASEAN-India relations and is being celebrated as the ASEAN-India Friendship year.
Tourism Ministry participated in World Travel Market
- Ministry of Tourism, Government of India participated in World Travel Market (WTM) 2022 in London, UK which is one of the largest international travel exhibitions.
- The theme of this year’s exhibition is ‘The Future of Travel Starts Now’.
- With the reopening of the country to foreign tourists after a gap of almost two years, this year’s participation of India is particularly significant.
- In 2019, the contribution of travel and tourism to India’s GDP was 5.19 percent of the total economy. In 2019, the Indian tourism sector accounted for 79.86 million jobs (direct and indirect employment).
About United Kingdom (UK)
- Capital – London
- Currency – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister – Rishi Sunak
Banking and Financial
ADB approved USD 350 million loan to Maharashtra for road connectivity
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 350 million (about Rs 2,900 crore) loan to Maharashtra to improve the road connectivity of key economic areas in the state.
- The Connecting Economic Clusters for Inclusive Growth will develop the road network in the Ahmednagar, Hingoli, Jalna, Kohalpur, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Sangli, and Satara districts.
- It will build on the Maharashtra State Road Improvement Project approved by ADB in April 2020.
- ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded – 19 December 1966
- Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Vice President – Ashok Lavasa
- Director of ADB for India – Takeo Konishi
- Executive Director – Sameer Kumar Khare
- Member Countries – 68 (Nuie)
Recent Loan approved by ADB
- ADB approved USD 96 million loan to HP for safe drinking water project
- ADB approves USD 112 million loan to establish Assam Skill University.
- ADB approves USD 150 million loan for urban poor housing project in Tamil Nadu.
- Axis Bank signed Partial Guarantee Facility Agreement worth USD 150 million with ADB to support supply chain financing.
Vadodara issued first-ever municipal bond
- Vadodara has become the second Indian city to issue a municipal bond with assistance from the US Treasury Department’s Office of Technical Assistance.
- Objective – To provide funds for infrastructure projects in Vadodara.
- The officials from US Embassy and US Treasury joined counterparts from the Ministry of Housing, the city of Vadodara, and SEBI.
- The bond was oversubscribed by 10 times and was priced at a low yield of just 7.15%
- Pune was the first city to issue municipal bond in 2017.
Appointment and Resignation
Gopal Vittal appointed as Deputy Chair of GSMA
- Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal has been appointed as deputy chair of GSMA (Global System for Mobile communications Association).
- GSMA is a global organization covering mobile ecosystem across countries.
- He has been appointed for a two-year term, beginning 1 January 2023 through 31 December 2024.
- Vittal is the second Indian to hold a senior position in the global grouping of mobile operators. Bharti Airtel founder Sunil Mittal had held the post of GSMA chair during 2017-18.
- Honorary Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) – Amit Dasgupta
- President of International Hockey Federation – Tayyab Ikram
- Interim MD of Zensar Tech – Anant Goenka
- Independent Director of Reliance Industries (RIL) – K V Kamath
- CEO of Energy Efficiency Services Ltd – Vishal Kapoor
Pramod Bhagat and Manisha Ramadass won gold at BWF Para-Badminton Championships
- Pramod Bhagat and Manisha Ramadass have won gold medals in singles at the BWF Para-Badminton World Championships in Tokyo.
- Bhagat defended his men’s singles SL3 title as he defeated compatriot Nitesh Kumar to clinch the gold medal.
- While Ramadass beat Japan’s Mamiko Toyoda in the women’s singles SU5 finals.
- Bhagat now has 11 medals, including six gold, two silver, and three bronze medals in the world championships.
- Among other top Indian shuttlers, Basel 2019 champions Manasi Joshi, and Nithya Sre had to win multiple bronze medals.
- India ended its campaign with 2 gold, 2 silver & 12 bronze medals.
Virat Kohli & Nida Dar named ICC Player of the Month for October 2022
- Indian cricketer Virat Kohli has been named Men’s Player of the Month for October 2022 by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- He was recognized for his outstanding performances in the shortest format of the game.
- While Pakistan’s veteran all-rounder Nida Dar was named the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for October 2022.
- She has been honour for her sensational form in their Women’s Asia Cup campaign.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022- Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022- Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022 -Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022 -Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022 -Jonny Bairstow (England)
- July – Prabath Jasasurya (Sri Lanka)
- August – Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)
- September – Mohammed Rizwan (Pakistan)
ICC Women’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022- Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022- Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022 -Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022 -Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022 – Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
- July – Emma lamb (England)
- August – Tahlia McGrath (Australia)
- September – Harmanpreet Kaur (India)
Education Ministry to celebrate Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’ on November 15
- Education Ministry will celebrate ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’ on 15th November in schools & higher educational institutions across the country.
- In 2021, the Union Government had declared 15th November as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’ dedicated to the memory of brave tribal freedom fighters.
- 15th November is also the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda, a freedom fighter, social reformer & revered tribal leader of the country.
- Birsa Munda was an iconic freedom fighter, social reformer and revered tribal leader of the country. He fought bravely against the exploitative system of the British colonial government and became a legendary figure in his lifetime.
8 November – World Radiography Day
- World Radiography Day is observed every year on November 8 to mark the anniversary of the discovery of X-rays.
- Objective – To help raise awareness about getting regular medical check-ups done without it giving you a scare.
- The day also celebrates the efforts of radiographers and radiologists around the world.
- Theme 2022 – Radiographers at the Forefront of Patient Safety
- The day is commemorated to mark the anniversary of the discovery of x-rays by Professor Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen of the Wuerzburg University, Germany, in 1895.
- This was an accidental discovery by Professor Röntgen when he was working with a cathode-ray tube in his laboratory. This scientific breakthrough was extremely well-received.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|