Daily Current Affairs 9th December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated FAI Annual Seminar at New Delhi
- Union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has inaugurated the Fertiliser Association of India (FAI) Annual Seminar 2022 in New Delhi.
- He also released three FAI publications and the FAI Data portal. This portal will create a uniform database.
- FAI Annual Seminar 2022 is devoted to the theme ‘Fertilizer Sector by 2030.
- By 2025, India will become self-sufficient in urea. One of the recently introduced schemes of our government is “One Nation One Fertilizer” under which Urea, MOP, DAP, and NPK will be sold under the uniform Bharat brand to bring uniformity in the quality and brands”.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated National Conference on Soil Health
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- Jitendra Singh inaugurated a conference on women’s leadership
- RK Singh has launched the Green Energy Open Access portal
Falguni Nayar, Roshni Nadar in ‘World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’ list
- Forbes’ annual list of ‘The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2022’ has been released.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Biocon Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, and Nykaa founder Falguni Nayar are among six Indians who have made it to the Forbes’ annual list of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- Ranked at number 36, Nirmala Sitharaman has made it to the list for the fourth time in a row. In 2021, the 63-year-old minister was ranked at number 37 in the list, while she was in the 41st spot in 2020 and 34th in 2019.
- The other Indians to feature on the list are HCL Tech Chairperson Roshni Nadar Malhotra (rank 53), Securities And Exchange Board Of India (SEBI) Chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch (rank 54), and Steel Authority Of India Chairperson Soma Mondal (rank 67).
- This year Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw is ranked 72, while Falguni Nayar is at 89th spot, according to the list released by Forbes.
- The list includes 39 CEOs; 10 heads of state; and 11 billionaires worth a combined $115 billion.
Priyanka Chopra among 4 Indians on BBC’s 100 influential women list
- The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) has released the list of 100 most influential women in the world 2022.
- Priyanka Chopra is among four Indians who have made it to BBC’s ‘100 Women’ list of influential figures of the year.
- She is the only Indian actor on the list which includes names like singer Billie Eilish, actor and disability activist Selma Blair and Hollywood icon Rita Moreno.
- In this list, four Indian women have also included – Actress
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Geetanjali Shree (Author), Sirisha Bandla (engineer and astronaut), and Sneha Jawale (social worker).
- On the list, Priyanka is described as one of Bollywood’s biggest film stars, with more than 60 films to her name.
- The list also included European Commission President, Ursula von der Leyen.
India ranked 87th in the world’s strongest passport list 2022
- India has ranked 87 in the world’s strongest passport list, while UAE ranked first in the rating of passports for 2022 has been made public recently.
- Passport Index 2022 published by Arton Capital is the ranking of the world’s strongest and weakest passports.
- The top-ten spots after UAE in the list were dominated by European countries.
- While UAE ranked first, it is followed by Germany, Sweden, Finland, Luxembourg, Spain, France. While Afghanistan stood last, Pakistan stood at 94.
- Japan ranked 24 on Arton’s index with easy access to 171 countries. The country’s travel document was ranked as the world’s best earlier this year in a list published by Henley & Partners
- The passport rankings tell you the number of countries you can enter without acquiring a visa.
- Global Aviation Safety Rankings: India ranked 48th; topped by Singapore
- List of countries at risk of mass killings: India ranked 8th; Pakistan topped
- Global Prime Cities Index by Knight Frank: Mumbai ranked 22nd
- Network Readiness Index 2022: India ranked 61st; topped by US
- Climate Change Performance Index 2023: India ranked 8th; top 3 empty; Denmark at 4th
Banking and Financial
AU Small Finance Bank partnered with ICICI Lombard for bancassurance
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance has signed an agreement with the AU Small Finance Bank for bancassurance.
- Objective – To diverse the bank’s customers access to the Non-life insurer’s portfolio and enhance penetration across India.
- The entire suite of products will be offered across 980+ banking touchpoints spread over 20 states & 2 union territories.
- With this partnership, the general insurance’s suite of ICICI Lombard products will be offered across over 980 banking touchpoints of bank.
- AU Small Finance Bank is a scheduled commercial bank, a Fortune India 500 Company, and the largest small finance bank in the country.
- ICICI Lombard is one of the leading general insurance companies and the leading motor insurer in the country.
About AU Small Finance Bank Limited
- Founded – 1996
- Founder – Sanjay Agarwal
- Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan
- MD & CEO – Sanjay Agarwal
- Tagline – Chalo Aage Badhein
- Spice Money partnered with Axis Bank for financial inclusion in rural India
- YES Bank partnered with Turtlefin to create tech platform ‘EasyNsure’
- Tata Power Solar Systems partnered with Union Bank of India to help MSME sector
- Federal Bank partnered with JCB India to finance heavy equipment buyers
- IFSCA signed MoU with the Reserve Bank of India for collaboration in the field of regulation
Appointment and Resignation
Dina Boluarte elected as first female President of Peru
- Former Vice President Dina Boluarte has assumed the charge as the first female and sixth president of Peru.
- Boluarte, 60, who started the day as vice president and next in line to replace Castillo, faces the unenviable challenge of healing a divided Peru where the presidency has been locked in battle with Congress for more than a year.
- Her oath came, when her predecessor being detained by police and impeached by lawmakers.
- The ceremony took place hours after a majority of 101 members in the 130-person legislative body voted to impeach Pedro Castillo (former president of Peru).
- Capital – Lima
- Currency – Sol
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- First female President of Peru – Dina Boluarte
- Prime Minister of Malaysia – Anwar Ibrahim
- President of Kazakhstan – *Kassym-Jomart Tokayev (2nd term)
- First female president of Slovenia – Natasa Pirc Musar
- New Prime Minister of Israel – Benjamin Netanyahu
- President of Brazil – Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
- Prime Minister of Sweden – Ulf Kristersson
- President of Iraq – Abdul Latif Rashid
- PM of United Kingdom – Rishi Sunak
- President of Austria – Alexander Van der Bellen (2nd term)
- Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia – Mohammed bin Salman
- First woman Prime Minister of Italy- Giorgia Meloni
- president of Angola – Joao Lourenco (2nd term)
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of Albania – Bajram Begaj
N Chandrasekaran appointed as Chair of B20 India
- Chairman of Tata Sons N Chandrasekaran has been appointed as the chair of B20 India to lead the business agenda during India’s G20 Presidency.
- The B20 represents the voice of the entire G20 business community.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (Cll) is appointed as the B20 India Secretariat by the Union govt to lead the B20 India process.
- Chandrasekaran is Chairman of the board of Tata Sons, the promoter of more than 100 Tata group companies.
- Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) – Arun Kumar Singh
- Batting Coach of the Senior Women’s cricket team – Hrishikesh Kanitkar
- Acting chief justice of J&K HC – Justice Tashi Rabstan
- Chairman and MD of Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI) – K.V. Suresh Kumar
- Chairperson of the National Statistical Commission – Rajeeva Laxman Karandikar
- National Commission for Backward Classes chairperson – Hansraj Gangaram
KV Shaji appointed as Chairman of NABARD
- K V Shaji has been appointed as new Chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- He formerly served as NABARD’s Deputy Managing Director (DMD) till May 21, 2020.
- He succeeds Govinda Rajulu Chintala.
- Before joining NABARD, he worked in Canara Bank in various capacities for 26 years.
- He also played a role in the merger of Syndicate Bank and Canara Bank.
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Founded – 12 July 1982
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – K V Shaji
- NABARD established on the recommendations of B. Sivaramman Committee
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- Director on RBI’s central board – Vivek Joshi
- Part-time Non Official Director and Non-Executive Chairman of Canara Bank – Vijay Srirangam
- Part-time Non Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of PNB – K G Ananthakrishnan
- Part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Union Bank of India – Srinivasan Varadarajan
- Part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non- Executive Chairman of Punjab & Sind Bank – Charan Singh
- Deputy Chairman of Mashreq Bank – Madhav Nair (reappointment)
McLaughlin-Levrone & Mondo Duplantis won World Athlete of the Year 2022 awards
- World champion American hurdler Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone and Swedish pole vaulter Armand “Mondo” Duplantis has won the World Athlete of the Year awards 2022
- McLaughlin-Levrone- She had broken the world women’s 400m hurdles record twice.
- She became the first American to win Athlete of the Year since fellow 400m hurdler Dalilah Muhammad in 2019.
- Duplantis- He has broken the world pole vault record on three occasions and became world champion indoors and outdoors.
- Nadoja Award – S Shadakshari, Krishnappa G & Dr. C N Manjunath
- Prime Minister’s prize in Australia – Veena Nair
- Best Director at New York Film Critics Circle – SS Rajamouli for RRR Film
- Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize 2022 – Chipko Movement (Shekhar Pathak)
- Banker’s Bank of the Year Award 2022 for the India segment – Canara Bank
ISRO signed MoU with Vyom Space to build private space capsules
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed an MoU with Gurugram-based private space firm Vyom Space Exploration and Services Private Limited for its human and cargo transportation capsule program.
- A ‘capsule’ in a space mission is the module inside which any cargo is placed for being carried to space. In manned missions, the capsule is what hosts the astronauts.
- The capsules have typically been single-use in nature, with the exception of US-based private space firm, Elon Musk’s SpaceX’s reusable human and cargo module, Crew Dragon.
- It was facilitated by India’s nodal space authorization body, Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Center (In-Space).
About Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Founded – 15 August 1969
- Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
- Founder / 1st Chairman – Vikram Sarabhai
- 10th Chairman – S Somanath
- Aryabhata India’s first satellites Launched on 19 April 1975
Eden Hazard announced his retirement from International Football
- Belgium captain Eden Hazard has announced his retirement from international football after Belgium’s early exit from the FIFA World Cup 2022.
- He was the captain of Belgium in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Hazard made his international debut in 2008 and scored 33 times in 126 appearances.
- He helped Belgium reach the 2018 World Cup semi-finals, where they lost to eventual champions France, and beat England in the third-placed playoff.
Deepika Padukone to unveil the FIFA World Cup trophy during the finals
- Actor Deepika Padukone will unveil the FIFA World Cup trophy during the finals, making her perhaps the first global actor to do so in the history of FIFA.
- The final match will be played at the Lusail Iconic Stadium in Qatar on 18 Dec.
- The tournament is being held from Nov 20 to Dec 18.
- She was also awarded the TIME100 Impact Award in 2022.
Book and Author
Author Mansi Gulati released her Book ‘Miracles of Face Yoga’
- Founder of Manasvani Mansi Gulati has released her book ‘Miracles of Face Yoga’.
- The book ‘Face Yoga’ is a comprehensive work on face yoga written in lucid and simple language which can be easily understood by beginners.
- Face yoga utilizes a series of facial exercises to tone the muscles on the face.
- Miracles of Face Yoga – Mansi Gulati
- India: The Mother of Democracy – Prepared and published by ICHR & launched by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Now You Breathe – Rakhi Kapoor
- The World: A Family History – Simon Sebag
- Nuclearization of Asia – French author Rene Naba
9 December – International Anti-Corruption Day
- International Anti-Corruption Day is observed every year on 9 December.
- Objective – To raise awareness against corruption and the measures that can be implemented to fight it.
- The UN General Assembly adopted the United Nations Convention against Corruption on October 31, 2003, and designated December 9 as International Anti-Corruption Day.
- Theme 2022 – Uniting the World Against Corruption
9 December – International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide Crime
- International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime is commemorated on December 9 of every year around the world.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the greatest crime perpetrated by man against man, the violation of human rights, and how it can be prevented in the future.
- The United Nations General Assembly with a resolution in 2015 adopted December 9 as the International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|