Cyclone Amphan: All you need to know
On Monday (May 18, 2020) evening, Cyclone Amphan transformed into a “super cyclonic storm” and probably will hit the coast of West Bengal and Bangladesh by Wednesday (May 20, 2020).
As per India Meteorological Department (IMD), Amphan, the extremely severe Cyclonic storm over central parts of South Bay of Bengal and adjacent central Bay of Bengal moved almost northwards with a speed of 08 km/h during recent hours and lay focused at 0830 hours IST today over west-central and adjacent central parts of South Bay of Bengal. National Disaster Response Team (NDRF) has been sent to Odisha and Bengal.
♦What all regions are probably going to be influenced because of Cyclone Amphan?
Two states to be specific, Bengal and Odisha have been on high alert because of the storm. Cyclone Amphan is expected to come in Bengal on Wednesday (May 20, 2020).
- Other than Odisha and Bengal, overwhelming rainfall may likewise happen in Sikkim, Assam and Meghalaya till Wednesday, according to IMD.
- IMD additionally said that the speed of the breeze will be high to the point that it might make broad damage to mud houses and some damage to ‘pucca’ structure.
- The cyclone will prone to hit over west-central and bordering central parts of South Bay of Bengal around 780 km south of Paradip (Odisha), 930 km south-southwest of Digha (West Bengal) and 1050 km south-southwest of Khepupara (Bangladesh).
♦Who named the Cyclone Amphan?
For giving warnings and naming of tropical storms, there are 6 Regional Specialised Metrological Centres (RSMCs) and 5 regional Tropical Cyclone Warning Centres (TCWCs) in the entire world.
- Meteorological Department of India (IMD) is also one of the six RSMCs to give warnings of tropical cyclone and storm to 13 member nations under the WMO/ESCAP Panel including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
- To name the Tropical Cyclones that develop over the North Indian Ocean (NIO) including the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea, there is RSMC, New Delhi.
♦List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2019-20)
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
- Cyclone Tino: Fiji
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|