Cyclone Nisarga: All you need to know
Cyclonic storm Nisarga is likely to turn into a ‘severe cyclonic storm’ hit coastal Maharashtra and Gujarat in the evening hours of June 3.
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has said that Cyclone Nisarga is likely to make landfall at Alibaug, some 100 km to south of Mumbai. The cyclone will also hit the Gujarat coast around at the same time and the state government has stepped up evacuation efforts in vulnerable areas.
- Cyclone Nisarga, named by Bangladesh, developed over Arabia Sea a couple of days before.
- It is very likely to hit the western coast as a ‘Severe Cyclonic Storm’.
- IMD has said it will make the landfall at around noon in both Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- The storm will cross North Maharashtra and adjoining South Gujarat coast between Harihareshwar and Daman, close to Alibag (Raigad) tomorrow afternoon.
- The cyclonic storm will hit the coast with a wind speed of 100-110 kmph gusting to 120 kmph.
- The Met department has also warned of one to two metres high (three to 6.5 feet) storm surges inundating low-lying areas of Maharashtra.
- Indian Coast Guard ships and planes have been deployed along the coast to warn fishermen and merchant ships to return to harbour.
- An alert has been issued for Mumbai city and suburbs, Thane, Palghar, Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg districts.
♦About India Meteorological Department
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founder: Government of India
- Established: 1875
- It is an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences of the Government of India.
- It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting and seismology.
♦List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2019-20)
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Amanda: El Salvador and Guatemala
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
- Cyclone Tino: Fiji
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here