Daily GK Update, 1st & 2nd August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Four more states/UTs linked with ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme
- While taking note of the requisite technical readiness of 4 more States/UT of Jammu & Kashmir, Manipur, Nagaland and Uttarakhand, the Department of Food & Public Distribution has enabled the integration of these 4 States/UT with existing 20 States/UTs for the National Portability.
- With this, now a total of 24 States/UTs are connected under One Nation One Ration Card from today 1 August, 2020.
- Remaining States/UTs are targeted to be integrated in national portability by March 2021.
♦Gramodyog Vikas Yojana’: Govt launches programme for artisans involved in manufacturing of agarbatti
- The government has approved a programme for the benefit of artisans involved in manufacturing of agarbatti and to develop village industry under the ‘Gramodyog Vikas Yojana’.
- Initially four pilot projects will be started as part of the programme, including one in the North East.
- The MSME Ministry said “this decision will help to boost the indigenous production of agarbatti and will pave way to generate rural employment”.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Ivory Coast defence minister Hamed Bakayoko nominated as new prime minister
- ABIDJAN Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara has appointed Defence Minister Hamed Bakayoko as prime minister after his predecessor died suddenly in July.
- The death of former Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly threw the ruling party into disarray ahead of October’s presidential election, as he had been handpicked to run as the candidate to succeed Ouattara.
Note: About Ivory Coast
Currency: West African CFA franc
♦6th BRICS Environment Minister meeting held in Russia
- On 30th July 2020, the Environment Ministers of 6th BRICS countries took part in the 6th BRICS Environment meeting. It was held online via video conferencing under the presidency of Russia. The meeting was preceded by the BRICS Working Group meeting.
- Representing India at the meeting Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar emphasized India’s concern towards attaining SDG (Sustainable Development Goal).
♦Apple surpasses Saudi Aramco to become world’s most valuable company
- Apple rode the company’s strong earnings report to become the world’s most valuable publicly traded company, surpassing the state oil giant Saudi Aramco on 31st July.
- Apple market valuation of $1.84 trillion. Saudi Aramco, which had been the most valuable publicly listed company since its market debut last year, now trails at $1.76 trillion as of its last close.
Note: About Apple
- Founded: 1 April 1976
- CEO: Tim Cook
- Headquarters: California, United States
- Founder: Steve Jobs
♦UAE starts up Arab world’s first nuclear plant
- The United Arab Emirates has launched operations at the Arab world’s first nuclear power plant, on the Gulf coast just east of Qatar.
- Nuclear fission has begun in one of four reactors at the Barakah plant, which uses South Korean technology.
- The plant was expected to open in 2017 but the start-up was repeatedly delayed because of various safety issues.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Banking and Financial
♦Reliance Power, JERA ink loan agreement with banks for new power plant in Bangladesh
- Reliance Power announced on 31stJuly that it has signed a loan agreement, along with Japanese utility JERA, for $642 million with a group of lenders for their 745 megawatt gas-based project in Bangladesh.
- The company decided to move the equipment from the unit to Bangladesh in an attempt to monetize the unit.
- Reliance Power inducted JERA as a partner for the 750 mw-gas based combined cycle power project it is setting up in Bangladesh as a part of its understanding with the country in 2015 to set up a total of 3,000 mw.
- Reliance Power hold 51% stake while JERA will hold 49% stake in the joint venture company.
♦Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd Appointed Former RBI Governor Urjit Patel as Additional & Independent Director
- Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd on 30th July said its board has appointed former RBI Governor Urjit Patel as an additional and independent director for a term of five years.
- Patel served as the 24th governor of the Reserve Bank of India from September 2016 to December 2018.
♦Sports Ministry Announces Selection Committee For National Sports Awards 2020
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has constituted a Selection Committee for selecting awardees for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Dronacharya Awards, Arjuna Awards, Dhyan Chand Awards, Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar Award and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for the year 2020.
- Retired Justice of Supreme Court Justice Mukundakam Sharma is the Chairperson of the Committee.
- The Members include eminent names from the field of Indian Sports including Virender Sehwag (Cricket), Sardar Singh (Hockey), Monalisa Baruah Mehta (Table Tennis), Deepa Malik (Para-athletics), Venkatesan Devarajan (Boxing) as well as well-known media persons including Sports Commentator Manish Batavia and Sports Journalists Alok Sinha and Neeru Bhatia.
♦1 August – National Mountain Climbing Day
- International Mountain Climbing Day is celebrated on August 1 every year. The adventurous day was established in honor of Bobby Matthews and his friend Josh Madigan, who successfully climbed the 46 high peaks of New York State’s Adirondack Mountains in 2015. On 1 August in order to honour Bobby Mathews, Josh Madigan.
♦1 August -Yorkshire Day
- Yorkshire Day is celebrated on 1 August to promote the historic English county of Yorkshire. It was celebrated in 1975, by the Yorkshire Ridings Society, initially in Beverley, as “a protest movement against the local government re-organisation of 1974″.
♦Malayalam Actor Anil Murali passed away
- Malayalam actor Anil Murali, who made his mark through villain roles, passed away in Kochi on 30th July. He was 51.
- The veteran star’s last film was ‘Forensic’ in which he shared screen space with Tovino Thomas.
♦Rajya Sabha member Amar Singh passes away at 64 in Singapore
- Former Samajwadi Party leader and Rajya Sabha member Amar Singh passed away in Singapore.
- Singh was ill for a very long time and was undergoing treatment at a hospital in Singapore for several months now.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here