Daily GK Update 1st Feb 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
♦RIL Jio ranked as fifth strongest brand globally
- The four-year-old telecom venture Reliance Jio of billionaire Mukesh Ambani has been ranked 5th on Brand Finance’s Global 500 ranking of the strongest brands globally.
- According to the annual report of Brand Finance on the most strongest and valuable global brands, despite being founded in 2016 Reliance Jio has become the largest mobile network operator in India. It is also the third-largest mobile network operator globally, with almost 400 million subscribers.
Top 4 Companies
- Rank 1: Chinese Mobile app WeChat
- Rank 2: Ferrari
- Rank 3: Russian bank Sber
- Rank 4: Coca Cola
Banking and Financial
♦Union Budget 2021-22
- Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman is presenting the Union Budget 2021 for the 3rd time in a row. The Union Budget is the yearly financial report estimating the income and expenditure presented to outline future policies to be adopted by the government for sustainable growth and development. READ MORE……….
♦Govt pegs FY21 fiscal deficit at 9.5% of GDP
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on 1 Feb the fiscal deficit for FY21 has been pegged at 9.5 per cent of the GDP and will come down to 6.8 per cent in FY22. The fiscal deficit will reach below 4.5 per cent by FY26.
- Sitharaman said while gross expenditure is seen at Rs 34.5 lakh crore, the capital expenditure is expected to be Rs 4.39 lakh crore in FY21.
♦India GDP to grow at 11% in FY22: Economic Survey 2021
- The annual Economic Survey of India painted an optimistic view of the economic recovery stating that an 11 percent rebound is likely in Financial Year 2021-22 even though the GDP is expected to contract by a record 7.7 percent in the financial year ending on 31 March as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the months-long nationwide lockdown.
♦RBI cancels license of Kolhapur’s Shivam Sahakari Bank due to inadequate capital
- The RBI on 30th Jan said the licence of Maharashtra-based Shivam Sahakari Bank has been cancelled as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- “Consequently, the bank ceases to carry on banking business, with effect from the close of business on January 29, 2021. RBI said the co-operative bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects, and the continuance of the bank is prejudicial to the interests of its depositors.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦SBI Card appoints Rama Mohan Rao Amara as MD & CEO for 2 years
- SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd (SBI Card) on 30th Jan appointed Rama Mohan Rao Amara as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer for a period of two years.
- Rao took charge as the MD and CEO of the company on 30th Jan. Earlier this week, Ashwini Kumar Tewari had resigned from the post of MD and CEO of SBI Card owing to his appointment as the Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI).
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara (For 3yrs)
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
- SBI MDs – Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
♦R S Sharma appointed as new CEO of Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has appointed RS Sharma as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of country’s flagship public health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat, also called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. He would replace Indu Bhushan, who is serving as the Chief Executive of the Ayushman scheme since its inception in 2018.
- RS Sharma, a former chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai), who would take charge of the NHA from February 1.
Note: About Ayushman Bharat
- Launched: 23 September 2018
- Aims: Provide healthcare to 10 crore families, who are mostly poor and have lower middle income, through a health insurance scheme providing a cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family.
♦BCCI Secretary Jay Shah takes over as President of ACC
- Jay Shah, the incumbent Secretary of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has been appointed as the new President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC). He is the youngest person ever to be appointed to the office.
- Replaces Nazmul Hussain, Chief of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) who was the previous chief of the ACC.
Note: About Asian Cricket Council
- Headquarters: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Chairman: Amitabh Choudhary.
- Founded: 19 September 1983.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|