Daily GK Update, 1 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦MoU signed between Indianoil, NTPC Ltd, and SDMC for Waste to Energy plant in Delhi
- A MoU was signed on Waste to Energy plant at Okhla, Delhi, between Indian Oil, NTPC Ltd and South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
- Aims: Under the MoU, IndianOil, SDMC and NTPC shall come together to develop a demonstration Waste-to-energy Plant at Okhla landfill site in Delhi, using Gasification technology. This Plant shall process 17500 tons per annum of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) produced from combustible components of Municipal Waste to generate syngas which shall in turn be used to generate electricity.
♦IIT Madras launches world’s first online BSc degree in Programming and Data Science
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras on 30th June announced it has launched the “world’s first” online BSc degree course in Programming and Data Science.
- The course will be open to anyone who has passed class 12 with English and Maths at class 10 level, and enrolled in any on-campus undergraduate course. Even the current batch of students who are completing their class 12 are eligible to apply. Graduates and working professionals can also take up this programme.
♦Madhya Pradesh launches ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ campaign
- In Madhya Pradesh, the school bell will be ringing in the houses of the state too from July 6. Children will read, perform yoga, write and listen to stories and make notes on them.
- In order to maintain the academic regularity of students during the Corona crisis, the State Education Center has prepared a ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ means My Home-My school scheme, in which children will be taught at home in a school-like environment.
Recently MP Govt launched Scheme
- Didi Vehicle
- Charan Paduka
- ‘FIR Aapke Dwar’
- Jeevan Shakti Yojana
- Thanks Mom
Banking and Financial
♦Fitch cuts India growth projection to 8% for FY22
- Fitch Ratings on 39th June cut India’s growth forecast for 2021-22 fiscal to 8 per cent from 9.5 per cent projected last month. It, however, retained its projection of Indian economy contracting by (-5) per cent in the current fiscal (FY2020-21).
- Indian economic growth stood at an estimated 4.2 per cent in 2019-20.
- In its June update of Global Economic Outlook, Fitch projected Indian economy to grow 5.5 per cent in 2022-23.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)5.3%
- World Bank: (-3.2%)
- ADB- (-)4%
- IMF- (-)4.5%
♦World Bank to give USD 750 mn to support 15 cr viable MSMEs
- The World Bank on 1st June announced it will give a USD 750 million-budget support to 15 crore MSMEs to increase liquidity access for viable small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- During the 2020 fiscal (July 2019-June 2020), World Bank has extended USD 5.13 billion loans to India– which is the highest in a decade. This includes USD 2.75 billion given in three months in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
List of World Bank Granted Loan 2020
- USD 400 million: Improve coastal resources in India
- 82 million US dollars (585 crore rupees)-For Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
- $80 million– Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- $450 million- Supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY) – National Groundwater Management Improvement Program
- $88 Million– The Government of Assam and the World Bank signed a loan agreement for Help modernize Assam’s passenger ferry sector
- USD 210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $250 mn – help low-income groups in the state get access to affordable housing in Tamilnadu
♦Swiggy launches digital wallet ‘Swiggy Money’ in partnership with ICICI Bank
- Bengaluru-based foodtech unicorn Swiggy on 30th June announced the launch of its own digital wallet ‘Swiggy Money’ to enable a ‘single-click checkout experience’ on its platform.
- According to a statement release by the company, the full-fledged digital wallet in partnership with ICICI Bank will enable Swiggy customers to store money and be used for all food orders on Swiggy.
♦Government extends Union Bank of India CEO Rajkiran Rai’s term by another two years
- The government has extended Union Bank of India(UBI) CEO Rajkiran Rai’s term by another two years until his retirement on May 31 2022.
- Rai had taken over a CEO of the Mumbai-based lender on July 1, 2017.
Note: About Union Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 11 November 1919
- Tag Line: Good People to Bank with
♦Shashank Manohar steps down as ICC Chairman, Imran Khwaja takes over as interim head
- Shashank Manohar’s tenure as the International Cricket Council’s first independent chairman came to an end on 1st July.
- ICC Chairman Shashank Manohar has stepped down after 4 year tenures at its helm. The ICC Board met and agreed that Deputy Chairman Imran Khwaja will assume the responsibilities of the Chairperson until a successor is elected.
Note: About ICC
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Founded: 15 June 1909
♦1st July: National Doctor’s Day
- India celebrates National Doctor’s Day on July 1 each year, in honour of the birth and death anniversary of the great physician and the second Chief minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
- Theme 2020: ‘Lessen the mortality of COVID-19’
♦1st July: National Postal Worker Day
- National Postal Worker Day is a unique opportunity to say ‘thank you’ not only to postmen but also to all delivery personnel, as online shopping has become a lifeline for many of us. On July 1, National Postal Worker Day is marked in recognition of postal workers across the world.
- Men and women engaged in postal services bear the overhead sun and lashing rain to deliver letters and couriers on time through the year. Not only harsh weather, they have to carry weight as well.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here