Daily GK Update, 1st June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Govt. Rs 812 Crore approved for Odisha under “Jal Jeevan Mission (Har Ghar Jal)
- Odisha state presented their Annual Action Plan before the National Committee headed by Secretary, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti for consideration and approval for 2020-21. Govt of India approved Rs 812 Crores for implementation of the Mission in the State for the financial year. This allocation is a significant jump from last year’s allocation of Rs 297 Crore. Out of 81 lakh rural households in the State, Govt of Odisha plans to provide 16.21 lakh household connections in 2020-21.The State is planning 100% household tap connections by the year 2024.
- About ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’: Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) launched by Central Government last year aims to provide “Functional Household Tap Connection” (FHTC) to every rural household by 2024. Being implemented in partnership with States, the Mission aims to enable every rural household has assured availability of potable water at a service level of 55 litres per capita per day (lpcd) on regular and long-term basis.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦Meghalaya plans to provide tap connection to all rural households by December, 2022
- Meghalaya on 1st June presented the Annual Action Plan to achieve 100% household tap connections to National Jal Jeevan Mission, Ministry of Jal Shakti for approval. Meghalaya proposed 100% tap connections to all the households by December, 2022.
- Out of 5.89 lakh total rural households, the State is planning to provide 1.80 lakh tap connections in 2020-21. It was appreciatively noted that Meghalaya is planning to cover 1096 villages with 100% tap connection in 2020-21.
Note: About Meghalaya
- Capital: Shillong
- Governor: Tathagata Roy
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
♦Centre approves Rs 445 cr for Chhattisgarh under Jal Jeevan Mission
- The Union Government has approved Rs 445 crore for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Chhattisgarh during 2020-21.
- According to the Ministry of Jal Shakti, the Chhattisgarh government presented its annual action plan for 2020-21 for consideration and approval.
- The Ministry said Chhattisgarh has planned to have 100 per cent Functional Tap Water Connection (FHTC) by 2023-24.The Government of India has approved Rs 445 crore for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in the State in 2020-21.
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capital: Raipur
♦Prime Minister announces “My Life My Yoga” Video Blogging contest
- Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India on 31st May called upon one and all to participate in the “My Life – My Yoga”(also called “Jeevan Yoga”) Video Blogging Contest, a joint effort by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), during the course of his monthly Mann Ki Baat address to the nation.
- The contest focuses on the transformative impact of Yoga on the lives of individuals, and comes as one of the activities related to the observation of the sixth International Day of Yoga (IDY) coming up on 21st June 2020. The contest has gone live on the social media handles of the Ministry of AYUSH today, 31 May 2020.
♦Gujarat is the first state to complete the migration of workers to their home state through Shramik Special trains
- According to sources, it is the only state which had run more than 1,000 shramik special trains for sending 15 lakh 18 thousand migrant workers to their home state.
- According to Additional Chief Secretary of State Labor and Employment department Vipul Mitra, this was the biggest planned migration by any state in Independent India. From more than 40 trains earlier this week, the last 7 Shramik Special Trains departed from different stations of Gujarat.
- Maximum 8 lakh 20 thousand workers migrated to Uttar Pradesh followed by 3 lakh 50 thousand workers to Bihar and 1 lakh 31 thousand workers to Odisha.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
♦Arun Singhal appointed as CEO FSSAI
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet on 29th May approved the appointment of Arun Singhal as chief executive officer of India’s apex food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- Singhal is special secretary, department of health and family welfare. He will succeed GSG Ayyangar who was briefly appointed as the CEO of the food regulator.
♦Lt Gen Manoj Pande to take over as Commander-in-Chief of Andaman and Nicobar Command
- Lieutenant General Manoj Pande will take over as the 15th Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command (CINCAN) on 1st June, the Defence Ministry said.
- “He was Director General at Army Headquarters dealing with subjects of Discipline, Ceremonial and Welfare, prior to assuming the present appointment,” the ministry said.
♦Finance Ministry appoints PR Jaishankar managing director of IIFCL
- The ministry of finance appointed PR Jaishankar as the managing director of the India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL) for three years.
- Jaishankar served as the executive director of the National Housing Bank prior to this. His latest posting was approved by the appointments committee of the cabinet headed by Prime Minister Naredra Modi.
♦Mohandas Pai to chair IBBI advisory committee on service providers
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has reconstituted its advisory committee on service providers and it would now be chaired by Manipal Global Education Services Chairman T V Mohandas Pai. The 12-member panel would advise and provide professional support on regulation and development of the service providers dealt with by the IBBI , according to an order.
- The service providers include insolvency professionals, insolvency professionals agencies, insolvency professional entities and information utilities.
♦1 June: World Milk Day 2020
- World Milk Day is observed on June 1 in order to celebrate the dairy sector and recognise the importance of milk as a global food. The day was founded by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation. This year marks the 20th anniversary of World Milk Day.
- Theme 2020: “20th Anniversary of World Milk Day”
Note: Important Day(June first Week)
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
♦1st June: Global Day of Parents 2020
- Global Day of Parents is an annual event that is celebrated on June 1 to honour all the parents around the world for being the anchor of their families and selflessly nurturing and protecting their children. The day was declared as the Global Day of Parents by the UN General Assembly in 2012.
- Theme 2020: “Appreciate all parents throughout the world”
♦Music director Wajid Khan passes away
- Wajid Khan of Bollywood music composer duo Sajid-Wajid passed away due to complications arising from a renal ailment and COVID-19 in Mumbai. He was 42.
- Wajid along with brother Sajid made their debut as music directors with Salman Khan’s Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya. They went on to compose music for several Salman movies like Hello Brother, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge, Garv, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Partner, God Tussi Great Ho, Wanted, Main Aurr Mrs Khanna, Veer and Dabangg (1, 2 and 3) among more.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here