Daily GK Update: 1 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Lockdown extended for another two weeks after May 4
- The Centre on 1st May announced an extension of two weeks in the nationwide lockdown beyond May 4. MHA also issued new guidelines to regulate different activities in this period, based on the risk profiling of the districts of the country in Red (hotspot), Green and Orange Zones. The guidelines have permitted considerable relaxations in the districts falling in the Green and Orange Zones. READ GUIDELINES …………
♦India 53rd in budget transparency, accountability in IBP survey
- India has been placed at 53rd position among 117 nations in terms of budget transparency and accountability, according to the Open Budget Survey released on 29th The survey, conducted by International Budget Partnership (IBP), has provided India’s Union Budget process a transparency score of 49 out of 100, which is higher than the global average of 45.
- New Zealand tops the chart with a score 87. South Africa (87), Mexico (82) and Brazil (81) are among the top four countries providing extensive information to public for scrutiny.
- In the survey for 2019, India ranks 53rd among the 117 countries covered,” said a press release on the survey.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
♦AIIA organises “AYURAKSHA” programme was organized for Delhi Police
- A programme titled AYURAKSHA “Corona Se Jung- Delhi Police Ke Sang” was organized for Delhi Police personnel at New Delhi on 30 April. The programme aims to fight against corona through simple and time tested Ayurveda immunity-boosting measures.
- The AYURAKSHA programme was organized by the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), under the Ministry of Ayurvedic, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) and Delhi Police.
♦Ramayan On Doordarshan Creates World Record As The Highest Viewed Entertainment Program Globally
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide lockdown, most entertainment channels decided to re-telecast their old shows on popular demand. As a result, Doordarshan won millions of hearts with the re-broadcast of its iconic serials, Ramayan, and Mahabharat.
- According to the latest Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) ratings, the acclaimed series has achieved another massive milestone. Ramayan now has the world record of being the most viewed entertainment program globally. It amassed a massive 7.7 crore (170 million) viewers on 16 April.
♦Manipur Chak-Hao, Gorakhpur terracotta gets GI tag
- Chak-Hao, the black rice of Manipur, and the Gorakhpur terracotta bagged the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. The information was announced by Chinnaraja G. Naidu, deputy registrar, Geographical Indications.
- About Chak-Hao: Chak-Hao is scented glutinous rice. It has been cultivated in Manipur over centuries. It is characterized by its special aroma.
- About Gorakhpur terracotta: The terracotta work of Gorakhpur is a centuries-old traditional art form. In this method, the potters make various animal figures like horses, elephants, camels, goats, ox, etc. with hand-applied ornamentation.
List of Some GI Tag
- Pathama Dai Mat-Tamil Nadu
- ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple-Tamil Nadu
- Marayoor Jaggerry -Kerala
- Tirur Supari-Kerala
- Arcanut (Sirsi Supadi)-Karnataka
- Green and White Tea-Darjeeling
- Srivilliputtur Palkova”-Channai
Banking and Financial
♦Govt task force projects Rs 111 lakh cr infrastructure investment over five years to FY2025: Finance ministry
- Government task force has projected total investment of Rs 111 lakh crore in infra projects over five years, the Finance Ministry said on 29th
- The final report of the task force on National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) for 2019-2025 presented to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman suggested steps like deepening bond markets, setting up of development financial institutions and land monetisation to meet the funding needs, the ministry said in a statement.
- The task force was set up following Prime Minister Narendra Modi Independence Day speech of 2019 where he alluded to an investment of Rs 100 lakh crore in infrastructure.
♦Manulife picks 49% stake in Mahindra AMC for Rs 265 crore
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services (Mahindra Finance) on 29th April announce global financial services group Manulife has acquired 49 per cent stake in its wholly-owned subsidiary Mahindra Asset Management Company.
- Under the agreement, which was announced in June last year, Manulife has invested $35 million or Rs 265 crore to pick up 49 per cent stake in Mahindra AMC.
- The Singapore arm of Manulife, Manulife Investment Management (Singapore) Pte. Ltd, has bought 49 per cent stake in the joint venture where Mahindra Finance will now own the balance 51 per cent.
♦Ramesh Babu appointed as NTPC director operations
- NTPC on 1st May announced that it has appointed Ramesh Babu V as Director (Operations). Babu graduated as a Mechanical Engineer from NIT Srinagar and completed his Masters in Thermal Engineering from IIT Delhi.
- He joined NTPC as Executive Trainee in 1987 and has more than 32 years’ experience in managing large Power Stations in the areas of operations & maintenance, renovation & modernisation of old units as well as in the domains of efficiency & systems improvement of thermal plants.
♦Manipuri doctor Thangjam Dhabali Singh conferred Japan’s ‘Order of Rising Sun’
- The Japanese government has conferred a Manipuri doctor to the ‘Order of Rising Sun‘ for his efforts in promoting a better understanding of Japan in India and bringing the two nations closer.
- The Manipuri doctor who has been conferred for the ‘Order of Rising Sun’, is Thangjam Dhabali Singh. He is an allopathic doctor and the founder of Manipur Tourism Forum (MTF).
- Singh had organised the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal that was fought between the Japanese and British India troops during the Second World War. This event was attended by several Japanese citizens including the Embassy of Japan officials.
- The ‘Order of Rising Sun’ was formed under the Japanese Emperor Meiji in 1875, and it is conferred on individuals with achievements in international relations, promotion of Japanese culture, environmental preservation, welfare or achievements in their fields.
♦IIT Madras Professor T. Pradeep Chosen For Nikkei Asia Prize 2020
- A faculty member at IIT Madras Prof. T. Pradeep has been chosen for the Nikkei Asia Prize 2020 in ‘Science and Technology’ category. He has been accorded this honour in recognition of his pioneering work in nanotechnology-based water purification.
- The Nikkei Asia Prizes are conferred on individuals who have contributed to the region’s sustainable development and to the creation of a better future in Asia. They are awarded annually in three areas – Economic and Business Innovation, Science and Technology and Culture and Community.
♦1st May: Labour Day 2020
- Labour Day or International Workers’ Day is observed each year on the first day of May to celebrate achievements of the working class. The day, also called as ‘May Day’, is also observed as a public holiday in many countries.
- The first May Day celebrations focused on workers took place on May 1st 1890 after its proclamation by the first international congress of socialist parties in Europe on July 14th 1889 in Paris, France, to dedicate May 1 every year as the “Workers Day of International Unity and Solidarity.”
List of important Day (May)
- May 1: Workers’ Day (International Labour Day), Maharashtra Day
- May 3: World Press Freedom Day
- May (1st Sunday): World Laughter Day
- May (1st Tuesday): World Asthma Day
- May (2nd Sunday): Mother’s Day
- May 4: Coal Miners’ Day; International Firefighters Day
- May 7: World Athletics Day
♦Maharashtra, Gujarat celebrates state formation day on 1 May
- Maharashtra Day and Gujarat Day is celebrated in the Indian states of Maharashtra and Gujarat on 1 May every year. The day commemorates the formation of the state on this day in 1960.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here