Table of Contents
Daily GK Update: 10 & 11 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020, UPSC and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indian railways designs mobile doctor booth called ‘CHARAK’ for zero-contact check-ups
- Indian Railways develops mobile doctor booth! With the COVID-19 pandemic affecting a large number of people, the doctors who are continuously fighting with this situation, require a “zero contact check-up facility”. Thus, in order to mitigate this challenge, Indian Railways’ Coach Rehabilitation Workshop, Bhopal, which falls under the West Central Railway zone, has designed a “mobile doctor booth” named “CHARAK”.
- This will facilitate zero-contact check-ups in light of the novel coronavirus outbreak as well as ensure the safety of the medical professionals/doctors owing to the “viral barrier chamber”. The system will allow doctors to examine patients without direct physical contact, thereby protecting them from the hazards of viral exposure.
♦Delhi CM announces Operation ‘Shield’ to fight Covid-19
- Delhi government has come up with a term for its strategy to contain the spread of novel coronavirus – Operation “Shield”. As per the government strategy, SHIELD stands for sealing, home quarantine, isolation and tracing, essential supply, local sanitation and door-to-door checks.
- The Operation Shield will be implemented in 21 localities identified as containment zones in Delhi. “I appeal to all living in the containment areas to cooperate with the Delhi govt’s Operation SHIELD.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India to export 90,000 tonnes of surplus wheat to Afghanistan, Lebanon under G2G arrangement
- India on 9th April said it would export 50,000 tonnes of wheat to Afghanistan and 40,000 tonnes of the grain to Lebanon under government-to-government (G2G) trading arrangements.
- “India had a good crop of wheat, in surplus of its own demand. On specific demand from countries, cooperative NAFED has been asked to export 50,000 tonne wheat to Afghanistan and 40,000 tonne to Lebanon under G2G arrangement.
Note: About Lebanon
- Capital: Beirut
- Currency: Lebanese pound
- Population: 68.5 lakhs (2018)
♦India exported 5 tonnes of drug including hydroxychloroquine to Israel
- India exported 5 tonnes of cargo of medicines, including anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine to Israel. The shipment included ingredients for drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. The drugs were exported to Israel as the country requested the supply of hydroxychloroquine, with India being the world’s largest producer and exporter of the drug.
Note: About Israel
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
Banking and Financial
♦India’s GDP for FY21 projected at 4.8%: UN
- India’s GDP growth for the current fiscal is expected to slow down to 4.8 per cent, a UN report has said, warning that the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to result in significant adverse economic impacts globally.
- India’s GDP growth for the fiscal year 2019-2020 was estimated at 5 per cent and is forecast to slow down to 4.8 per cent for the current fiscal 2020-21.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- Goldman Sachs-1.6%
- ADB– 4%
♦Jana Small Finance Bank Launches “DIGIGEN” – Simple Digital Banking for Savings Account & Fixed Deposits
- Jana Small Finance Bank, a scheduled commercial bank, launched DIGIGEN – a digital banking platform where customers can digitally open a Savings Account and Fixed Deposit instantly; anytime, anywhere.
- DIGIGEN onboarding is a hassle-free, three-step process to open an account. True to its brand promise ‘paise ki kadar’, customers are eligible for an attractive 4.5% p.a. interest rates on Savings Account with no minimum balance and up to 50%* p.a. interest on Fixed Deposits.
- DIGIGEN also offers a host of other exciting features, including online bill payment, instant money transfer and airport lounge access on debit card, to name a few.
♦Anamika Roy Rashtrawar appointed MD & CEO of IFFCO Tokio
- Anamika Roy Rashtrawar has taken charge as MD and CEO of General Insurance with effect from March 27.
- Prior to this elevation, Rashtrawar was whole-time director with the private general insurer, which she had joined in June 2018.
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance is a 51:49 joint venture between IFFCO and Tokio Marine Group.
♦RV Verma appointed as non-executive Chairman of AU Small Finance Bank
- RV Verma, former Chairman and Managing Director of National Housing Bank, has been appointed as Non-Executive Chairman of AU Small Finance Bank.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved his appointment for a period of one year with effect from April 8.
- RBI has also approved the re-appointment of Sanjay Agarwal as Managing Director & CEO and Uttam Tibrewal as Wholetime Director of AU Small Finance Bank for a period of three years with effect from April 19.
♦India retains 108th slot at FIFA’s latest ranking
- India football team retained its 108th spot in the latest FIFA rankings issued on 8th
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the whole raft of international fixtures including qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup and other major tournaments has been postponed.
♦10th April: World Homeopathy Day 2020
- The world homeopathy day is celebrated each year on April 10. This day is celebrated to honor the birth of the father of the Homeopathy system of medicines Dr. Samuel Hahnemann. Born in Paris, France, he was a German physician, who was an acclaimed scientist, a great scholar, and linguist.
- He discovered the way to heal through the use of homeopathy. He died on July 2, 1843.
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
♦11th April: National Safe Motherhood day
- National Safe Motherhood Day is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance. The government of India declared in 2003 the national safe motherhood day on April 11. It became the first country to do so. Every year a theme is decided by White Ribbon Alliance to raise awareness about adequate access to care during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal services.
♦11th April: National Pet Day
- The day is celebrated on April 11 every year in the USA. The day is dedicated to the pets, people on this day take time off their busy schedules and pays extra attention, care and love to their pets.
Book and Author
♦Pulitzer prize winner Mary Jordan writes book on Melania Trump
- The Pulitzer Prize-winning American reporter for The Washington Post, Mary Jordan has written a book titled ‘The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump’. It is published by Simon & Schuster and is to be released on June 16, 2020.
♦Padma Shri classical singer Shanti Hiranand passes away
- Renowned Hindustani classical singer and Padma Shri awardee Shanti Hiranand Chawla passed away at a Gurgaon hospital early on 10th She was 87.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here