Daily GK Update: 10 & 11 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Mrs Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurates a National Conference on Women in Police and CAPFs in New Delhi
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Mrs Smriti Zubin Irani has stressed the need to train more female forensic investigators and cyber crime experts. Speaking after inaugurating a National Conference on Women in Police and CAPFs organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development, the BPR&D here, she advised to make an SoP for “One Stop Centre for Women”.
- The main objective of the National Conference was to discuss and deliberate on the following 2 (two) themes:
- Cyber Stalking and Bullying of Women : Steps for Protection
- Challenges faced by CAPF Women in Operational Areas
- Note: List of Conference
- National Water Conference-Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal
- Global meet on climate change, ocean health-Kerala
- National Horticulture Fair 2020-Bengaluru
- Bio Asia 2020-Hyderabad
- 2020 Global Investors Summit-J&K
♦ Andhra Pradesh ranked 1st in country for overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyan
- Government is implementing Poshan Abhiyan earlier known as National Nutrition Mission, since 18th December, 2017 to address the problem of malnutrition in the country.
- Aims: The Abhiyan aims to reduce malnutrition in the country in a phased manner, through a life cycle approach, by adopting a synergized and result oriented approach.
- The goals of Poshan Abhiyan are to achieve improvement in Nutritioinal status of children from 0-6 years, adolescent girls, pregnant women and lactating mothers in a time bound manner.
- State of Andhra Pradesh ranked 1st in the country for overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyan as per the recent report shared by NITI Aayog.
Note: About Andhra Pradesh
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Literacy rate:41% (2011)
♦ Gujarat tops in domestic solar rooftop installations
- Gujarat has topped the list in the installations of solar rooftop plants across the country with about 50,915 systems being fixed on domestic rooftops in the State as on March 2, 2020.
- Maharashtra follows with 5,513 installations as on the same date.
- Gujarat has topped with 64 per cent or two-thirds of total domestic solar rooftop installations. 79,950 systems installed across the country.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Population:27 crores (2013)
♦ Traditional ‘Fagli’ festival celebrated in Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur
- The traditional ‘Fagli’ festival was celebrated in Yangpa village of Kinnaur district here on 9th March with great fervour.
- The festival is organised to observe the “victory of good over evil”.
- Men dressed in traditional attire with masks on their faces were seen dancing in circles while hundreds of locals also gathered to watch the event.
Note: List of Himachal Pradesh’s Festival
- Chet Festival
- PORI FESTIVAL LAHAUL
- Halda Festival
- Minjar Mela
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Ashraf Ghani sworn in as Afghanistan President for second term
- Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani was sworn in for a second term on 10th March as his rival Abdullah Abdullah held a parallel inauguration that could plunge the country deeper into crisis ahead of peace talks with the Taliban.
- The oath-taking ceremony of Afghan President Ashraf Ghani was attended by hundreds of people, including visiting foreign dignitaries, diplomats and senior political figures.
Note: About Afghanistan
- President: Ashraf Ghani
- Capital: Kabul
- Currency: Afghan afghani
Banking and financial
♦ SBI removes minimum balance requirement
- The State Bank of India (SBI) on 11th March announced it will not ask customers to maintain a minimum balance in savings accounts.
- The state-owned bank rationalised interest rate on savings bank accounts to a flat 3 per cent annum. It also waived off SMS charges.
- SBI customers till now had to maintain an average monthly balance of Rs 3,000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 1,000 in metro, semi urban and rural areas. The bank used to levy a penalty of Rs 5 to Rs 15 plus taxes for not maintaining the minimum balance.
♦ Chalasani Venkat Nageswar gets additional charge of deputy MD, CFO of SBI
- State Bank of India on 9th March said Chalasani Venkat Nageswar has been given additional charge of deputy managing director and chief financial officer (CFO) of the bank.
- “Chalasani Venkat Nageswar, Deputy Managing Director, International Banking Group, has been given additional charge of deputy managing director and CFO with immediate effect till further orders.
♦ Nupur Kulshrestha becomes Indian Coast Guard’s first woman DIG
- Nupur Kulshrestha becomes the first woman to be promoted as DIG of Indian Coast Guard.
- Feeling elated, she thanked the service for considering her meritocracy and taking women ahead.
- “I joined the service in 1999 and became the first woman to be promoted to this level.
Note: List of Women First
- First Female Flight Commander-Shalija Dhami
- First Woman Flight Engineer of Indian Air Force-Hina Jaiswal
- First Woman Fighter Pilot to Undertake Missions by day on Hawk-Mohana Singh
- India’s First Female Military diplomat-Anjali Singh
- First Woman Pilot of Indian Navy– Shivangi
♦ Telangana agri varsity VC wins Swaminathan Award
- V Praveen Rao, Vice-Chancellor of Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU), has won the seventh Dr MS Swaminathan Award for the period 2017-2019.
- “The Selection Committee has decided to select Praveen Rao for the award recognising his contributions in the fields of agricultural research, teaching, extension and administration. The award will be conferred on him in June.
♦ PV Sindhu wins BBC Indian Sportswoman of the Year Award 2019
- Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu won the Sportswoman of the Year Award and veteran athlete PT Usha received the Lifetime Achievement Award. Sindhu has five World Championship medals and is the first Indian singles badminton player to win an Olympic silver medal.
♦ India was world’s second-largest arms importer in 2015-19: SIPRI
- India remained the world’s second largest arms importer during the period 2015-19, with Russia being the largest supplier though Moscow’s share of the Indian weapons market declined from 72% to 56%, a leading think tank that tracks arms transfers said in its annual report on 9th March.
- In its annual “Trends in international arms transfers 2019″ report, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) listed the world’s top five arms importers during the five-year period as Saudi Arabia, India, Egypt, Australia and China. Together, the five accounted for 36% of all arms imports.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|