Daily GK Update, 10 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India launched the world’s first reusable PPE with Triple Viral Shield Technology
- Loyal Textile Mills Limited (Chennai) launched Viral Shield, a line of COVID-19 anti-viral, reusable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), masks and protective fashion wear range.
- The series has been launched in collaboration with Reliance Industries India and HeiQ from Switzerland. This PPE emerges as the world’s first reusable PPE that has passed the Viral Penetration Test, Synthetic Blood Penetration Test, and the SBPR Test.
- Loyal has strived hard to innovate a range of products that would meet the current demand for reliable and reusable protective gear during this COVID-19 pandemic. Loyal Textile Mills Limited collaborated with Reliance Industries India and HeiQ from Switzerland to innovate this reusable protective PPE, mask and fashion wear.
♦Rajasthan launches campaign ‘Pure for Sure’ to ensure purity of milk dairy products
- A week-long campaign has been launched in Rajasthan to ensure purity of milk and its products. Samples of milk and dairy products will be collected under the campaign ‘Pure for Sure’ from July 8-July 14.
- All the necessary equipments and facilities are being provided to all the food safety officers.
Note: About Rajasthan
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
♦India ranks 8th for cancer preparedness among 10 Asia-Pacific countries: EIU; Australia Top
- India has been ranked eighth for cancer preparedness among 10 Asia-Pacific countries, according to a new report.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) report on “Cancer preparedness in Asia-Pacific: Progress towards universal cancer control”, sponsored by Roche, examines the findings from the EIU’s Index of Cancer Preparedness.
- The report describes the complexities of the challenge of cancer facing 10 Asia-Pacific countries — Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
- “India ranks eighth for cancer preparedness in the region with an overall score of 51.6 out of 100, below the regional average of 66.5, while Australia (92.4), South Korea (83.4) and Malaysia (80.3) lead the region. The report ranked only Vietnam (44.5) and the Philippines (42.6) after India.
♦Mukesh Ambani now world’s 7th richest
- India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s seventh richest, overtaking the likes of Warren Buffet, and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Ambani, 63, who is the only Asian to make it in the list of Top 10 richest people in the world, has seen his net worth jump to $69.9 billion, according to Forbes.
Banking and Financial
♦Tamil Nadu tops market borrowings among States so far, in 2020-21
- Tamil Nadu has so far raised ₹30,500 crore in the fiscal 2020-21 and has topped market borrowings among States in the country. Tamil Nadu has accounted for 17% of the borrowings done through the issue of bonds, known as state development loans, according to data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- With borrowings of ₹25,500 crore, Maharashtra accounted for 14%, followed by Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh at 9% each (₹17,000 crore), as per the data.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Appointment and Resign
♦IRDAI forms panel on ‘Indian Pandemic Risk Pool’ headed by Suresh Mathur
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has formed a working group to examine the feasibility of ‘Pandemic Risk Pool’
- “The Covid-19 pandemic, which started as a public health crisis, has led to a significant disruption in the economic activity mainly due to measures taken to stop the spread of the disease,” TL Alamelu, Member, Non-Life, Irdai, said in an order.
- Suresh Mathur, Executive Director, Irdai, will be the Chairman for the 9-member working group with industry representatives as members.
- Apart from studying the need for such as pool, the group will also recommend the structure and operating model.
Note: About IRDAI
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- Founded: 1999
♦Cambodian NGO Receive ‘Development Marketplace Award’ from World Bank Group and SVRI
- The World Bank Group and the Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) have partnered to address this global pandemic by launching the Development Marketplace to Address Gender-Based Violence. The Development Marketplace awards teams from around the world with funds to support evidence-based research, interventions, and other activities related to GBV prevention and response.
- A WhatsApp chatline named ‘SMARTgirl Chatline’ was implemented by a Research Team from Cambodian NGO- KHANA Centre for Population Health Research. The ‘Smartgirl Chatline’ offered 24 hours response and support against gender-based violence to female entertainment workers in Cambodia.
♦IOC receives EU Green Building Leadership Award 2020
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has received another distinction for Olympic House. The IOC’s new headquarters in Lausanne has been awarded the European 2020 US Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership Award. Olympic House, which also holds the rigorous LEED Platinum certification, is one of the most sustainable buildings in the world.
♦ISRO to launch Brazil’s Amazonia-1 satellite onboard PSLV in August 2020
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is all set to launch Brazil’s Amazonia-1 satellite in August 2020 onboard The Polar Satellite Launch vehicle (PSLV). However, there is no confirmed date yet and the launch will be dependent on ISRO’s schedule.
- The Brazilian satellite has been locally designed and tested in Brazil. It will be the first satellite for Earth observation, it will also be primary payload and will not be a hitch hiking satellite.
- Benefit: The Amazonia-1 satellite which PSLV will launch will help in monitoring and observing the deforestation of the Amazon region.
Note: About ISRO
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Attempt CA QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here