Daily GK Update 10 , 11 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Uttarakhand CM launches Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on 8th October launched the Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana under which 10,000 youth and migrants of the states will get self employment in the green energy sector.
- The targeted beneficiaries, including the youth and migrants who have returned home after leaving their jobs in various parts of the country following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, will be allocated solar plants of 25 kilowatts (kw) each.
Note: About Uttarakhand
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
♦Andhra CM launches ‘Jagananna Vidya Kanuka’ scheme for government schools
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on 9th October launched the ‘Jagananna Vidya Kanuka’. ‘Jagananna Vidya Kanuka’ is a government scheme for school children up to 10th standard, supplying uniforms, books, shoes, socks, belts and school bags to lakhs of students.
- “This government aims to protect every child’s education and provide the best education system to all. This scheme is another step towards increasing government schools’ enrollment rate and bring down the dropout rate.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦Assam CM launches “Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom” scheme
- Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched on 8th October “Swa-nirbhar Naari, Atmanirbhar Asom” scheme in a bid to empower the economically disadvantaged women of the State in a programme organized by Panchayat & Rural Development Department at Chandrapur in Kamrup (Metro) district.
- The new scheme aims to create more than 3.72 lakh sustainable individual and 822 community assets benefitting around four lakh families in the first phase under MGNREGA with the convergence of schemes of various State government departments and missions including Assam State Rural Livelihood Mission, Agriculture & Horticulture, Fishery, Environment & Forest, Handloom & Textiles, Sericulture, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry etc.
Note: About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
♦PM to Distribute Property Cards for Rural Landowners under the ‘SVAMITVA’ (ownership) scheme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to launch the physical distribution of property cards under the ‘SVAMITVA’ (ownership) scheme on October 11, 2020. This will be a historic move to transform the rural India.
- The move will provide villagers a way to use property as a financial asset. The villagers could use their property for taking loans and other financial benefits.
♦Forbes India Rich List 2020: Mukesh Ambani tops chart, Gautam Adani takes second place
- Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), has been ranked as the richest person in India for the 13th consecutive year by Forbes Magazine. Adani Group’s Gautam Adani and HCL’s Shiv Nadar were ranked second and the third spot respectively.
Here is the list of top 10 richest people in India as per Forbes:
1) Mukesh Ambani; US$88.7 billion
2) Gautam Adani; $25.2 billion
3) Shiv Nadar; $20.4 billion
4) Radhakishan Damani; $15.4 billion
5) Hinduja brothers; $12.8 billion
6) Cyrus Poonawalla; $11.5 billion
7) Pallonji Mistry; $11.4 billion
8) Uday Kotak; $11.3 billion
9) Godrej family; $11 billion
10) Lakshmi Mittal; $10.3 billion
Banking and Financial
♦Infosys to acquire Blue Acorn iCi for up to USD 125 million
- Infosys, an IT services major, said it will acquire Blue Acorn iCi, an Adobe Platinum partner in the US, and a provider in digital customer experience, commerce and analytics for up to $125 million.
- Infosys the move further strengthens the company’s end-to-end customer experience offerings. It added that Blue Acorn iCi will bring significant cross-technology capabilities through the convergence of customer experience, digital commerce, analytics, and experience-driven commerce services.
♦Piyush Goyal gets additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- The Union Minister Piyush Goyal has been assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution in addition to his existing portfolios, following the death of union minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Goyal is currently serving as the Union Minister of Railways and Minister of Commerce and Industry.
Note: list of Some Confusing Ministry
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Panchayati Raj-Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Minister of Food Processing: Shri Narendra Singh Tomar (additional charge)
- Ministry of Law and Justice Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology– Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment-Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot
- Ministry of Human Resource Development-Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- Ministry of Women and Child Development Ministry of Textiles-Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani
♦Two-day coastal security exercise Sagar Kavach
- A two-day Coastal Security Exercise- ‘Sagar Kavach’– to assess the preparedness of all agencies towards dealing with an asymmetric threat emanating from the sea, concluded on 8th October.
- The exercise conducted along the coastal areas of Kerala, Karnataka and Lakshadweep assumes significance in the backdrop of prevailing security situation in the country.
- Extensive air patrol and surveillance of the adjoining seas were also undertaken by the aircraft, helicopters and Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) of the Indian Navy and Coast Guard to detect ships and vessels of the opposing force.
List of military domestic exercises
- Gandiv Vijay
- Paschim Lehar
- Vayu Shakti
- Vijay Prahar
- Megh Prahar
- ‘Chang Thang’
- “Him Vijay”
- Sudarshan Chakra Vahini exercise
- ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’
♦French Open Women Single: Swiatek dazzles won first Grand Slam title
- Securing a first Grand Slam title is supposed to be an arduous task but 19-year-old Iga Swiatek crowned an extraordinary fortnight to win the French Open in a blaze of winners on Saturday, crushing Sofia Kenin 6-4 6-1.
- Swiatek, who had dropped only 23 games en route to the final, produced another audacious display as she became the first Polish player to win a Grand Slam singles title.
♦Second Friday of October: World Egg Day
- World Egg Day is celebrated on the second Friday of October every year, which falls on the 9h of October, this year.
- The day is observed to celebrate how eggs have been feeding families all around the world and to spread awareness about their nutritional value and importance in the human diet.
♦10 October: World Mental Health Day
- World Mental Health Day, observed every year on 10 October, aims to create awareness about mental health issues around the world.
- The day also provides a platform and opportunity for people who work on mental health issues to talk about their work, and what needs to be done to make mental healthcare a reality for citizens around the world.
- Theme 2020: ‘Mental Health for All: Greater Investment – Greater Access’.
♦10 October: World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day is observed globally on 9 May or 10th October. The Day will celebrate the biannual migration.
- The aim of the day is to raise awareness of migratory birds and the importance of international cooperation to conserve them.
- Theme 2020: “Birds Connect Our World”
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account