Daily GK Update 10 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Assam’s Tezpur Litchi gets GI tag
- Tezpur Litchi of Assam has been granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
- Tezpur Litchi has been protected from the production of the fruit in other places. The news has been confirmed by the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), an apex body under the Union ministry of commerce and industry.
List of Some latest GI Tag
- Pathama Dai Mat-Tamil Nadu
- ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple-Tamil Nadu
- Marayoor Jaggerry -Kerala
- Tirur Supari-Kerala
- Arcanut (Sirsi Supadi)-Karnataka
- Green and White Tea-Darjeeling
- Srivilliputtur Palkova”-Channai
- Moira bananas, Harmal Chillies, Khaje-Goa
♦India Maldives sign four agreements
- India and Maldives signed for agreements on November 9, 2020. This included 100 million USD grant for connectivity project.
- In the agreements that were signed, signed by both sides is the grant of $100 million by India for the $500-million Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) that will be linking the country’s capital Male with three islands.
- India will also be providing another $400-million line of credit for the project, the largest such infrastructure venture undertaken in the Maldives.
- The other agreements include setting up soil and plant testing laboratories through a grant of 1.71 million Maldivian rufiyaas, establishing a drug detox facility through a grant of another 7.7 million Maldivian rufiyaas, and cooperation in sports and youth affairs.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦FM Nirmala Sitharaman attends 1st BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attends 1st BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting; The agenda of the meeting included discussions on the outcomes of G20 Saudi Presidency in 2020, a digital platform to encourage infrastructure investments and expansion of the membership of the New Development Bank.
- The BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors also discussed expansion of the membership of the New Development Bank (NDB).
- The Finance Minister supported the expansion of the membership of NDB and emphasised the importance of regional balance. Smt. Sitharaman also shared her perspective on Russia’s initiative to develop an integrated Digital Platform.
♦Country’s longest motorable single-lane bridge inaugurated in Uttarakhand
- India’s longest single-lane motorable suspension bridge has been inaugurated in Tehri-Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. The Dobra-Chanti Jhula (suspension) bridge, was inaugurated by the Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat to mark the 20th foundation day of the state on 9th November 2020.
- The bridge is 725-metre long and has been built in 14 years over the Tehri lake with a cost of Rs. 2.95 crore. It will cut travel time between Tehri and Pratapnagar from 5 to 1.5 hours.
Note: About Uttarakhand
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
♦Wipro’s Azim Premji emerges as most generous Indian in FY20
- IT major Wipro’s Azim Premji donated Rs 22 crore a day or Rs 7,904 crore in a year to emerge as the most generous Indian in FY20 and top a list of philanthropy.
|Rank||FY20 (Donate Money)||FY19(Donate Money)|
|1st – Wipro’s Azim Premji||Rs 7,904 crore (Daily 22cr.)||Rs 426 crore|
|2nd: HCL Technologies’ Shiv Nadar||Rs 795 crore||Rs 826 crore|
|3rd: Mukesh Ambani||Rs 458 crore||Rs 402 crore|
International (Current affairs)
♦Sudan removed from State sponsors of Terrorism List
- Sudan was removed from the list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Also, India welcomed the normalisation of Sudan’s relations with Israel.
- After UAE, Bahrain, Sudan became the third country to normalise its relations with Israel in the last two months. On October 23, 2020, Sudan normalised its ties with Israel through a deal brokered by US President Donald Trump.
Note: About Sudan
- Capital: Khartoum
- Currency: Sudanese pound
Banking & Financial
♦Airtel Payments Bank partners with Bharti Axa General Insurance to offer car insurance
- Airtel Payments Bank has announced Smart Drive Private Car Insurance in association with Bharti Axa General Insurance. As per the company, the insurance offers financial protection against damage to the vehicle due to accident, theft, and natural and man-made disasters.
- It also compensates for injury or damages to another person or property caused due to a car accident.
♦Indian Oil Corp director A K Singh to head Petronet LNG
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC) director-pipelines Akshay Kumar Singh will be the new managing director and chief executive of the country’s biggest gas importer, Petronet LNG Ltd.
- He will replace Prabhat Singh who completed his 5-year term. Petronet is a joint venture of IOC, GAIL, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) and BPCL.
Note: About IOC
- Chairperson: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Founded: 30 June 1959.
♦Trailblazers beat Supernovas to win Women’s T20 Challenge title
- Trailblazers defeated Supernovas by 16 runs and won the Women’s T20 Challenge Trophy in Sharjah.
- Smriti Mandhana leads from the front to help Trailblazers clinch the Women’s T20 Challenge.
♦Filmmaker Sudarshan Rattan passes away
- Filmmaker Sudarshan Rattan, who directed Madhuri Dixit in the 1986 release, Manav Hatya, reportedly succumbed to Covid-19.
- The late filmmaker had also written, directed and produced the 1996 action drama film Hahakaar, starring Sudhir Pandey, Shafi Inamdar, Neelima Azeem and Johny Lever and others.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|