Daily GK Update, 11 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Chhattisgarh CM launches Indira Van Mitan Yojana
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on 9th August announced the launch of Indira Van Mitan Yojana on the occasion of World Tribal Day.
- Under this scheme, groups of youth will be formed in 10,000 villages of tribal area of the state and all forest-based economic activities will be conducted through these groups.
- Aims: The Indira Van Mitan scheme aims to add 19 lakh families from scheduled areas. Through this scheme, groups will be empowered to manage trees, so that they can collect the forest produce from the trees of the forest areas and get economic benefits. The purchase of forest produce will be arranged through the group, so that the right price of forest produce can be obtained.
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capital: Raipur
♦NPCI launches omni-channel loyalty platform ‘nth Rewards’
- The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched a loyalty platform named ‘nth Rewards’. Here nth represents “infinite possibilities”.
- Benefit: It is an analytics-enabled omnichannel multi-branded loyalty platform. It allows users to earn “nth” (infinite) loyalty points through various bank transactions. These rewards point can be redeemed for various purposes including online shopping.
- Customers will earn loyalty points on almost every transaction made digitally, especially while using the credit and debit cards. ‘nth Rewards’ platform has a smart dashboard for users where they can see their points accumulation.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Walter Roger Martos Ruiz sworn in as new Prime Minister of Peru
- Walter Roger Martos Ruiz on 8th August was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Peru to replace Pedro Cateriano. The swearing-in ceremony took place at the Government Palace in Lima.
- Led by Peruvian President Martin Vizcarra, the act sees the presence of members of the outgoing Cabinet.
Note: About Peru
- Capital: Lima
- Currency: Nuevo Sol
♦Russia registers the world’s first coronavirus vaccine
- Russia has announced the world’s first vaccine for Covid-19 amid concerns it may not have fully tested its product.
- Announcing regulatory approval for a test vaccine produced by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute after shortened trials, Vladimir Putin claimed testing had demonstrated the product was safe, worked effectively and formed long-term immunity.
- “One of my daughters did the inoculation herself.
Note: About Russia
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian Rouble
♦Reliance rank 96th in the Fortune’s top 100 global companies 2020
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries has jumped 10 places to break into the world’s top 100 companies on the Fortune Global 500 list.
- The oil-to-telecom conglomerate is ranked 96th in the 2020 ranking released by Fortune on 11th August.
- Reliance had broken into the top 100 in 2012 ranking when it was ranked 99th but slipped in subsequent years to rank 215th in 2016. Since then it has risen steadily, according to the ranking.
♦Mohamed Ould Bilal becomes new Prime Minister of Mauritania
- Mohamed Ould Bilal has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Mauritania. The appointment was made by the Mauritanian President Mohamed Ould Ghazouani.
- Mohamed Ould Bilal is a veteran public administrator and has served as the head of the country’s national water agency, a presidential aide and a cabinet minister.
Note: About Mauritania
- Capital : Nouakchott.
- Currency : Mauritanian ouguiya.
Banking and Financial
♦India GDP to negative growth of 4.5% in 2020 due to Covid-19 pandemic: Dun & Bradstreet report
- Covid-19 pandemic is set to impact the India growth story and the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) could in fact shrink in 2020, as per a Dun & Bradstreet global report.
- India could witness a negative growth of 4.5% in 2020 fiscal, but could grow at a healthy growth rate of 6.3% in 2021 fiscal, Country Risk & Global Outlook report by Dun & Bradstreet released on 11th August.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)5.3%
- World Bank: (-3.2%)
- ADB– (-)4%
- IMF- (-)4.5%
♦Senior IRS Officer Patanjali Jha assumes charge as Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
- Senior Indian Revenue Service Officer Patanjali Jha has assumed charge as the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, He has worked in Mumbai in an earlier stint from May 1997 to April 2007.
- Mr Jha has wide experience of different verticals in the Income Tax Department like Administration, Investigation, Assessment and TDS.
♦Max Verstappen Won F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020
- Red Bull’s driver Max Emilian Verstappen from Netherland had won F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at the Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone, United Kingdom and became the first non-Mercedes driver to win a race in the 2020.
- This race was officially called as Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020. Lewis Hamilton finished second and Valtteri Bottas finished third.
List of Winner 2020 F1 Race
- Styrian Grand prix– Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain)
- Austrian Grand Prix– Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Hungarian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- British Grand Prix -Lewis Hamilton
♦August 12: World Elephant Day
- Every year, World Elephant Day is celebrated on August 12. It is an international event that is dedicated to preserve and protect world elephants. The idea of World Elephant Day was conceived by Canadian film makers Patricia Sims and Michael Clark in Thailand.
- The first International Elephant Day was celebrated in 2012.
♦Noted Urdu poet Rahat Indori passed away
- Noted Urdu poet Rahat Indori passed away at a hospital in Indore in Madhya Pradesh on 11th August, he had tested positive for COVID-19 on 9th
- A doctor at Sri Aurobindo Hospital said Indori suffered three heart attacks. He Was 70.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|