Daily GK Update: 11 February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Tripura organises its first-ever “Hornbill Festival”
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated the state’s first-ever Hornbill Festival at the famous Barmura hill (in western Tripura), one of the biggest hill ranges of Tripura which was last month renamed as “Hathai Kotor“, or “big hill” in the tribal language “Kokborok”.
- Aims: Conserve the striking forest bird “Hornbill” and to boost the livelihood of the people through tourism.
Note: List of important tribal festivities in Tripura
- Ker Ganga
- Gajan festivals
♦ CM Bhupesh Baghel inaugurates Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi as Chhattisgarh’s 28th district
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on 10th February inaugurated Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi as the 28th district of the state.
- The new district, carved out of Bilaspur, has three tehsils and three development blocks namely Gaurela, Pendra and Marwahi.
- It comprises 166 gram panchayats, 222 villages and two nagar panchayats, with an area of 1,68,225 hectares.
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Founded: 1 November 2000
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
♦ National Water Conference in MP
- National Water Conference being held in Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal. The Conference was inaugurated by Chief Minister Kamal Nath. The inaugural session was addressed by State Water Resources Minister Sukhdev Panse and Rajendra Singh, known as Jal Purush.
- That the importance and revival of traditional water sources, right to water, river rejuvenation campaign in Madhya Pradesh and many other related topics are being discussed during the four sessions of the conference.
Note: List of Important Conference 2020
- Indian Science Congress-Bengaluru
- 7th Conference of CPA India Region-Lucknow
- Food Processing Summit-Ladakh
- Fifth Science Film festival-Goa
- World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2020-New Delhi
- Raisina Dialogue-New Delhi
♦ Kisan Credit Card(KCC)Saturation drive for PM-KISAN beneficiaries started from 10th February 2020
- Government of India has initiated a drive in Mission Mode for saturating all PM-KISAN beneficiaries with Kisan Credit Card (KCC).
- Benefit: This will help all such farmers to get short term loan for crop & animal/fish rearing at a maximum interest of 4% on timely repayment.
- This drive has started from 10th February, 2020 and will be carried out for a period of 15 days. Detailed instructions in this regard have been issued to all the State/UT Govts, MDs of all banks and Chairman NABARD, detailing the procedure to be followed for coverage of PM-KISAN beneficiaries under KCC.
Note: About Kisan Credit Card
- The Kisan Credit Card scheme is a credit scheme introduced in August 1998 by Indian banks. This model scheme was prepared by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development on the recommendations of R.V.GUPTA committee to provide term loans for agricultural needs.
♦ India, UK to hold joint military exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior’ from February 13 to 26
- The fifth edition of joint military exercise Ajeya Warrior 2020 between India and United Kingdom will be conducted at Salisbury Plains in the United Kingdom from February 13 to 26
- Aim: This exercise is to conduct company level joint training with emphasis on counter terrorists operation in Urban and Semi Urban areas.
- Training on modern weapon systems, equipment and simulator training have also been planned.
Note: Important Military Exercise 2020 (January)
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman
- ‘Milan 2020’-Indian Navel
- ‘Sahyog Kaijin’-Indo-Japan
♦ Aditya Mehta & Vidya Pillai wins National Snooker Championship
- Aditya Mehta defeated multiple-time world champion Pankaj Advani 6-2 to win the National Snooker Championship.
- The women’s snooker finals, Karnataka’s Vidya Pillai edged out Amee Kamani of Madhya Pradesh 3-2 (41-68, 57 -35, 37-61, 69-50, 87-05) to defend her senior ladies snooker title.
♦ Lalremsiami, Vivek Sagar Prasad Win FIH Rising Star of the Year Awards
- Indian women’s hockey team striker Lalremsiami and Indian men’s team mid-fielder Vivek Sagar Prasad were adjudged the winners of the women’s and men’s FIH Rising Star of the Year 2019.
- About Lalremsiami: Lalremsiami, who made her international debut in 2018, was part of the team’s success at the Hockey Series Finals Hiroshima 2019. She also played a key role in the team’s performance at the Olympic Qualifiers in November last year where they edged out USA to earn their ticket to 2020 Tokyo Olympics. She was also part of the team that won the Olympic Test Event in Tokyo.
- About Vivek Sagar Prasad: The 19-year-old Vivek won the accolade ahead of Argentina’s Maico Casella and Blake Govers of Australia, who finished second and third respectively.
- Vivek polled 50 per cent of all National Association votes, 23 per cent media votes, 15.1 per cent fans/players votes for a combination of 34.5 per cent votes.
♦ International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- The UN General assembly on 22 December 2015 decided to establish the International Day of Women and Girls in Science to recognise the critical role that women and girls play in science and technology.
- UNESCO and UN Women to celebrate it on 11 February annually in collaboration with institutions and civil society partners that aim to promote women and girls in the field of science.
- Theme 2020: “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth”.
The theme aims to encourage women and girls to opt for science.
Note: List of Important Day (January)
- 1st January – Global Family Day
- 9th January – NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- 12th January – National Youth Day
- 15th January – Indian Army Day
- 25th January- National Voters’ Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|