Daily GK Update 11 September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Hubli Railway Station renamed as Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Hubli Railway Station in Karnataka to be soon renamed as Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station. The Ministry of Home Affairs approved this decision. Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa announced this news on 10th September.
- Hubli Railway station comes under South Western Railway and Hubbli is one of the Divisions of South Western Railway. South Western Railway has said that once the State government issues the gazette notification, the name of the railway station would be changed accordingly.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Hazratganj intersection-Atal Chowk
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Gwalior-Chambal Expressway -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
- Manduadih Station: ‘Banaras’ Station
♦PM launches mobile app e-Gopala for providing assistance to farmers on livestock related issues
- Modi launched a mobile app e-Gopala that will provide solutions to farmers on livestock related issues and inaugurated Semen Station with state-of-the-art facilities in Purnea with an investment of ₹84.27 crore on 75 acres of land made available by the Bihar government.
♦GoI launches Five Star Village Scheme to ensure 100% rural coverage of postal schemes
- Department of Posts launched a scheme called the “Five Star Villages” on 10th September. The scheme ensures universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of India. It seeks to bridge the gap in public awareness and reach postal services and products in the interior of villages.
- Benefit: The schemes that are to be covered under Five Star Villages Scheme are Savings Bank Account, NSC or KVP certificates, Recurrent Deposit Accounts, Sukanya Samridhi Account. Funded Post Office Savings Account that are linked to India Post Payments Bank Accounts. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana account or Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana account.
♦SAROD ports launched by Shipping Ministry
- Union Minister of Shipping Manusukh Mandaviya launched a dispute redressal mechanism called SAROD Ports. SAROD is Society for Affordable Redressal of Disputes.
- The main objective of SAROD ports is timely resolution of disputes and enrichment of dispute resolution mechanism. In January 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi approved the amendment of Model Concession Agreement under which SAROD ports are being established.
International (Current affairs)
♦India ranks to 105th spot from 79th in global economic freedom ranking 2020
- India has fallen 26 spots to the 105th position on the Global Economic Freedom Index 2020 according to Canada’s Fraser Institute. The country was at the 79th spot in last year’s rankings.
- According to the report, based on 2018 data, Hong Kong and Singapore once again topped the index, continuing their streak as first and second ranked, respectively.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Heritage Foundation Index of Economic Freedom 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
Banking and Financial
♦Govt forms committee for assessment of relief to bank borrower chaired by Rajiv Mehrishi
- Government has constituted a three member expert committee to assist in the assessment of relief to bank borrowers. The committee chaired by former CAG Rajiv Mehrishi will measure the impact on the national economy and financial stability of waiving of interest and COVID-19 related moratorium.
- It will also give suggestions to mitigate financial constraints of various sections of society in this respect and measures to be adopted in this regard. The panel will submit its report within one week.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
♦Reliance Industries becomes first Indian firm to top $200 bn market cap
- Reliance Industries (RIL) on 10th September became the first Indian company to surpass $200 billion in market capitalisation (m-cap). On 10th September closing price, RIL had an m-cap of Rs 15.3 trillion ($208 billion). Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a distant second, with an m-cap of Rs 8.75 trillion, ($119 billion).
- Ambani has, meanwhile, cemented his place as Asia’s richest, and the world’s seventh richest. He has seen his wealth surge $24.4 billion this year, to $83 billion. RIL is now the 40th most valuable firm globally, ahead of US entities such as Exxon Mobil, PepsiCo, SAP, and Oracle.
♦Crisil projects wider GDP contraction for FY21 at 9%
- CRISIL on 10th September predicted India’s gross domestic production (GDP) to contract 9 per cent in the financial year 2020-21 (FY21), revising its forecast down from 5 per cent owing to uncertainty over the spread of Covid-19 and lack of adequate fiscal support from the government.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- SBI– (-)10%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
- Care Rating: (-)6.4%
♦Police Officer Poonam Khatri crowned Wushu World Champion 2019
- Indian Wushu stalwart Poonam Khatri has claimed World Championship status after her silver medal at the Wushu World Championship last year has been upgraded to a Gold medal.
- Poonam had lost the final to Iranian opponent Mariyam in the Women’s 75 kg category but after Mariyam recently failed the dope test, the gold medal has been awarded to Poonam Khatri. The information was clarified by Secretary General of the Indian Wushu Association, Suhel Ahmed.
♦India, Japan sign key agreement for reciprocal supplies in defence
- India and Japan inked a landmark agreement that will allow their militaries to access each other’s bases for logistics support, a key development that comes in the backdrop of growing concerns over China’s military muscle flexing in the region.
- Aim: The agreement provides for creation of an enabling framework for closer cooperation and interoperability, besides allowing militaries of the two countries to use each other’s bases and facilities for repair and replenishment of supplies.
♦‘Game of Thrones’ & Bond star Diana Rigg passes away at 82
- British actress Diana Rigg, who came to fame in the cult 1960s TV show “The Avengers” and recently appeared in “Game of Thrones“, died on 10th September aged 82.
- Rigg, who had a long career in theatre as well as appearing in the James Bond film “.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here