Daily GK Update 12 & 13 September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Uddhav Thackeray Launches ‘My Family, My Responsibility’ campaign
- Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray on 13th September announced that the government is launching ‘My Family, My Responsibility’ campaign to tackle coronavirus.
- According to the guidelines released by BMC, the authorities will reach out to every family door-to-door to check temperature and oxygen levels. It asked people to maintain two-metre distance, sanitise hands regularly and wear mask.
List of Latest Campaign
- ‘Spandan’ Campaign : Chhattisgarh
- Charan Paduka’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Pure for Sure’ Campaign : Rajasthan
- Roko -Toko’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Intzaar Aap Ka‘ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Ek Mask – Anek Zindagi’: Madhya Pradesh
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’: PNB
- ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’: MP
♦Golden Temple gets FCRA Registration
- The Union Home Ministry recently granted Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration to Gurdwara Harmandir Sahib, or the Golden Temple, in Amritsar. It will now enable the Golden Temple to receive foreign donations.
- The foreign contribution can be used by the Sikh shrine for providing financial and medical assistance to the needy. It can also be used to organise langar which is a free community kitchen.
International (Current affairs)
♦Trump nominated for Noble Peace Prize 2021
- Mediation between Israel and UAE (United Arab Emirates) US President Donald Trump has been nominated for the Noble Peace Prize 2021.
- The nomination was submitted by a right-wing Norwegian politician and parliamentarian Christian Tybring Gjedde.
Banking & Financial
♦ADB, ENGIE sign ₹466-crore loan for developing solar project in Gujarat
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the ENGIE group signed a long-term loan of up to 4.66 billion Indian rupees (about $65.5 million) to construct and operate a 200-megawatt alternating current solar photovoltaic-based power plant at Raghanesda Solar Park in India’s western state of Gujarat.
- “The project will enable the ENGIE group to expand its renewable energy capacity in India and send positive signals to global investors to continue supporting the growth of renewable energy in India.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $USD 1.5 billion-Help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
♦Ayushman Khurrana appointed as UNICEF’s celebrity advocate in India
- UNICEF (United Nations International Children Education Fund) appointed Ayushmann Khurrana as its celebrity advocate for promoting and supporting its work around ending violence against children.
- The actor will work towards ending violence against children especially in the current scenario when COVID-19 risk has blanketed the whole world.
♦Former health secy Preeti Sudan appointed WHO panellist
- World Health Organisation’s independent panel for pandemic preparedness and response appointed former health secretary Preeti Sudan as one of its 11 panellists from across the world.
- The decision by the panel’s two heads, former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clarke and former Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, received a rather muted response in India.
- Purpose: The global panel will evaluate international response to the Covid-19 pandemic and submit a report by May 2021 to the World Health Assembly.
Note: About WHO
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
♦Govt puts national security clause in defence FDI hike to 74%
- The new policy raising the cap of foreign direct investment through automatic approval in the defence sector from 49 per cent to 74 per cent now has a ‘National Security’ clause as a condition. The policy was approved by the Union Cabinet on 10th September.
- The government has been focusing on the defence sector to act as an engine for boosting manufacturing in the country, and is aiming to achieve a turnover of Rs 1.75 lakh crore, including exports worth Rs 35,000 crore, by 2025.
♦Anuradha Paudwal’s son Aditya passes away
- Veteran playback singer Anuradha Paudwal’s son, music composer Aditya Paudwal passed away in a Mumbai hospital on 11th September. He was 35.
- It had to do something with his lungs and finally, his kidneys failed. Last four days he was in the ICU and this morning he passed away. Aditya Paudwal was a music arranger and producer. He had recently worked on Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer Thackeray.
♦Former union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passes away
- Former union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh died at AIIMS, Delhi on 13th September.
- Raghuvansh Singh played a pioneering role in the implementation of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS) during the UPA government.
♦Arya Samaj Leader Swami Agnivesh passed away
- Former Haryana MLA and Arya Samaj leader Swami Agnivesh, who was hospitalised due to liver cirrhosis and was in a critical condition, died at a hospital in New Delhi.
- Agnivesh founded a political party, Arya Sabha, that was based on the principles of the Arya Samaj in 1970. He was also an advocate for the dialogue between religions.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account