Daily GK Update, 12 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Gujarat Launches New Scheme Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana
- The Gujarat government on 10th August launched a new scheme under which farmers facing crop losses due to drought, excess rain or unseasonal rain will get compensation without collection of any premium from them.
- The new scheme – Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana – will replace the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) for this year only, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
♦Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches ‘Krishi Megh
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on 11th August virtually launched the Krishi Megh (National Agricultural Research and Education System – Cloud Infrastructure and Services).
- The project is designed for strengthening the national agricultural education system in the country with the overall objective to provide more relevant and high-quality education to the agricultural university students.
♦Raksha Mantri launches ‘Atmanirbharta Saptah’ (7 to 14 August)
- In a bid to push Make-in-India, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Week’ via video conferencing on 10th August.
- The event comes shortly after the Defence Ministry introduced an import embargo on 101 items, in order to boost indigenisation of defence production.
- Raksha Mantri assured of encouraging 7000 MSMEs that are associated with the Defence Industry.
International (Current affairs)
♦India & Maldives ink contract for development of five eco-tourism zones in Addu atoll
- India and Maldives 11th August signed a contract for development of five eco-tourism zones in Addu atoll of the island nation.
- These eco tourism zones are part of grant projects being implemented under the High-Impact Community Development project (HICDP) scheme which involves a total grant assistance of 5.5 million US dollars to the Maldives.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
♦Lebanon’s Prime Minister Hassan Diab Government Steps Down
- Lebanon’s government has stepped down as Prime Minister Hassan Diab blamed endemic corruption for a devastating explosion last week that tore through the capital.
- President Michel Aoun accepted Diab’s resignation on 10th August.
Note: About Lebanan
- Capital: Beirut
- Currency: Lebanese pound
♦Indian-origin Senator Kamala Harris named US Vice Presidential candidate for Democratic party
- In the United States, Democratic Presidential nominee Joe Biden has named Indian-origin senator Kamala Harris as his Vice-Presidential running mate. Joe Biden made history by selecting the first black woman to compete on a major party’s presidential ticket.
- Kamala Harris is currently the US Senator from California. If elected, Kamala Harris would be the first ever woman to be the Vice President of the United States and the first ever Indian-American and African Vice President of the country.
- Daughter of an Indian mother and a Jamaican father, Harris has known many firsts.
Banking and Financial
♦South Indian Bank gets RBI’s nod to set up non-financial subsidiary
- Private sector lender South Indian Bank (SIB) on 12th August announced the RBI has given an in-principle approval for setting up a wholly owned non-financial subsidiary.
- The subsidiary would enable us to streamline and optimise various operations so as to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the institution.
Note: About South Indian Bank
- Headquarters: Thrissur
- CEO: V G Mathew
- Tagline: Experience Next Generation Banking
♦Nitin Sethi and Shiv Sahay Singh win ACJ”s journalism awards
- Nitin Sethi and Shiv Sahay Singh have been declared winners of the Asian College of Journalism’s award for investigative journalism and the K P Narayana Kumar Memorial Award for social impact journalism respectively.
- Nitin Sethi: Sethi won in the investigative journalism category for his six-part series titled “Paisa Politics” published by The Huffington Post India.
- Shiv Sahay Singh: Singh won the inaugural social impact journalism award for his story titled “Death by digital exclusion: On faculty public distribution system in Jharkhand” published in The Hindu.
Book and Author
♦“Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World” – A Book by Dalai Lama to release in November
- The book ‘Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World’ is scheduled to release in November 2020.
- It follows His Holiness’ 2019 publication dedicated to children ‘The Seed of Compassion: Lessons from the Life and Teachings of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’ and previous works including his autobiography and on philosophy.
♦10th August: World Lion Day
- World Lion Day is annually observed on August 10 with an aim to raise awareness and gather support for lion conservation. The big cat is listed as an endangered species in the IUCN Red List.
- Asiatic lion is one of the five big cats that are found in India. The other four are the Royal Bengal tiger, Indian leopard, clouded leopard and snow leopard.
♦12th August: International Youth Day
- International Youth Day was designated by the United Nations (UN) in the year 1999, in an attempt to raise awareness regarding the cultural and legal issue concerning youth.
- The first IYD was observed on 12 August 2000 and has been observed annually ever since.
- Theme 2020: “Youth Engagement for Global Action”
Revision: August Important Day
- 1 August-National Mountain Climbing Day and Yorkshire Day
- 4 August- Coast Guard Day
- 6 August- Hiroshima Day
- 8 August- Quit India Movement Day
- 9 August- Nagasaki Day
- 9th August: World Tribal Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|