Daily GK Update 12th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Police Museum on Chambal Dacoits to be set up in Madhya Pradesh
- The state of Madhya Pradesh has launched a Police Museum at the police headquarters in Bhind, Madhya Pradesh. It is a unique museum themed on the dacoits to showcase their stories.
- The museum contains several unique items that were used by dacoits namely Phoolan Devi and Nirbhay Gujjar. It also showcases the stills from the making of Bollywood movie ‘Chambal ke Daaku’.
♦‘Jalabhishekam’ Water Conservation Campaign
- The Union Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh, inaugurated 57,000 water structures under the “Jalabhishekam Water Conservation Campaign” on February 11, 2021 virtually from New Delhi.
- These water structures were constructed in Madhya Pradesh. The Defence Minister highlighted that the ‘Jalabhishekam’ Campaign is fulfilling the aim of ‘water for every farm and work for every hand’. The campaign would be helpful in the betterment of the villages.
♦Meghalaya police inks MoU with SBI for e-Challan
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between the Meghalaya police and the State Bank of India for implementation of the e-Challan within the jurisdiction of the Shillong Traffic Police (STP).
- The e-Challan system which will be launched in the days to come is a digital traffic enforcement solution whereby, imposing penalties on violators of traffic rules and generating of challan will be done digitally. The system has been integrated with VAHAN & SARATHI applications.
Note: About Meghalaya
- Capital: Shillong.
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik.
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Exim Bank to provide $400 Million for Maldives project
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced that the Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) will provide USD 400 million to Maldives project. It will provide the fund for the Greater Male Connectivity Project.
- The Exim Bank had signed an agreement with the Maldives government to provide the supported Line of Credit of USD 400 million on October 12, 2020.
- The Greater Male Connectivity project is the Male to Thilafushi Link project in Maldives.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Banking & Financial
♦NDB to invest $100 Million into NIIF Fund of Funds
- The New Development Bank (NDB) has announced to invest $100 million into the NIIF Fund of Funds (FoF). With the NDB’s investment of $100 million, the NIIF FoF has now secured $800 million in commitments.
- NDB has joined the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Government of India (GoI) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) as an investor in the NIIF FoF.
- NIIF Fund of Funds (FoF): The FoF was established in the year 2018. It was established with the objective of providing the access of the homegrown Indian private equity fund managers to the institutional investor that operates at scale with focus on India. The FOF has made commitments to four funds till date. The aggregate commitment stands over ₹2,750 crore.
Note: About NIIFL
- Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Sujoy Bose.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Note About NDB
- Board of Governors: Anton Siluanov (Russia).
- Headquarters: Shanghai, China.
♦PNB inks deal with Indian Oil to provide up to Rs 2 cr loan to dealers
- State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) on 11th Feb announced it has inked a pact with Indian Oil Corporation to provide up to Rs 2 crore to the oil company’s dealers.
- The MoU would benefit dealers with credit facilities at lower interest rates, nil margin, and with minimum or zero collateral requirements through the PNB e-Dealer scheme. The loan can be availed maximum up to Rs 2 crore with zero-margin.
Note: About PNB
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao (1 Oct 2019–)
- Founded: 19 May 1894
- Tagline: A Name You Can Bank Upon
♦Satishwar Balakrishnan appointed as Aegon Life’s MD & CEO
- Aegon Life Insurance, India’s first digital-only life insurance company, elevated Satishwar Balakrishnan to be the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer.
- Prior to joining Aegon Life, he has worked with IndiaFirst Life, Reliance Life and ICICI Prudential Life. He is a Chartered Accountant by qualification.
Note: About Aegon Life Insurance
- Headquarters: Mumbai.
♦Manasa Varanasi crowned VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020
- Telangana-based Manasa Varanasi has been crowned as the winner of VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020. Manasa Varanasi was crowned by the winner of Miss India 2019, Suman Ratan Singh Rao from Rajasthan.
- Manika Sheokand of Haryana: Miss Grand India 2020
- Manya Singh of Uttar Pradesh: Miss India 2020 runner-up
♦12 February: National Productivity Day
- The National Productivity Day is observed every year in India on February 12. The formation of National Productivity Council is being celebrated every year all over the country by commemorating 12th February as Productivity Day.
- The objective of National Productivity Council is stimulating and promoting productivity and quality consciousness across all sectors in the country.
♦Founder of Rang Vidushak, Padma Shri Bansi Kaul Passed away
- Founder of Rang Vidushak and theatre director Padma Shri Bansi Kaul passed away. He was born in 1949 in a Kashmiri Pandit family, Bansi Kaul was a Hindi theatre director and the founder of Rang Vidushak, a theatre group and theatre institute in Bhopal.
- He was awarded Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1995 and Padma Shri in 2014. He received Rashtriya Kalidas Samman for the year 2016–17.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|