Daily GK Update, 12 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Andhra Pradesh CM launch “Jagananna Chedodu” scheme
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, who has been implementing welfare schemes for the betterment of the poor, has embarked on another scheme. He launched the Jagananna Chedodu scheme on Wednesday. At the camp office, cash was deposited in beneficiaries’ bank accounts by pressing a computer button.
- Purpose: Rs. 10,000 to Nayi Brahmins, Laundry men and Tailors as a financial aid.
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitls: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦NHAI becomes first construction sector organisation to go ‘Fully Digital’
- As one of the biggest reform, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) under Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has gone ‘Fully Digital’, with the launch of unique cloud based and Artificial Intelligence powered Big Data Analytics platform – Data Lake and Project Management Software.
- The entire project management work flow of NHAI is transformed from manual to online portal based, wherein the complete project execution operations including ‘workflow with time lines’ and ‘alert mechanism’ have been configured. All project documentation, contractual decisions and approvals are now being done through portal only.
Note: About NHAI
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Sanjeev Ranjan
♦Up 151, Gujarat now has 674 Asiatic lions as two new districts get in the king’s camp
- GUJARAT is now home to 674 Asiatic lions, the state forest department announced on 10th June while declaring results of Poonam Avlokan, a lion population “observation” exercise undertaken the last full moon in place of the 15th lion census. The counting this time also covered two new districts of Surendranagar and Morbi where lions were found since the previous census five years ago, indicating reclaiming of new territory.
- The figure is 151 more than the 523 Asiatic lions estimated in Gir forest and other areas of Saurashtra in 2015.
♦Karnataka bans online classes from LKG to V; warns against increasing fees
- Minister for primary and secondary education S Suresh Kumar on 10th June said that online classes cannot be held for the kids from LKG to class V.
- He also said that the strict action will be taken against the schools charging extra fees in the name of online classes.
- “Education department has decided after taking suggestions from senior educational experts, physiatrists, private schools association representatives that online classes for students from LKG to class V should not be held.
Banking and Financial
♦Forex reserves jump $8.22 billion; cross half-a-trillion (500M) mark for first time
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves crossed the half-a-trillion mark for the first time after it surged by massive $8.22 billion in the week ended June 5, according to the latest data from the RBI.
- The reserves rose to $501.70 billion in the reporting week helped by a whopping rise in foreign currency assets (FCA).
- In the previous week ended May 29, the reserves had increased by $3.44 billion to $493.48 billion.
♦India’s economy to contract by 3.7% (means -3.7%) in fiscal year 2020-21: OECD
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) pegged India’s growth at -3.7% for the ongoing fiscal with a rider that growth could drop further to -7.3% in the event of a second Covid-19 outbreak, according to its Economic Outlook (EO) released on 10th June.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- World Bank: (-3.2%)
- RBI- (-)1.5%
- SBI- (-)6.8%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
♦Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar receives “the Medal of the Order of Australia”
- Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar, the founder of Kalakruthi a music organisation in Australia receives the Medal of the Order of Australia(OAM) in the Queen’s Birthday 2020 for her service to Indian music and dance.
- She works as a lecturer at the University of Melbourne. She started the Kalakruthi in 1994 affiliated with The Music Academy, Chennai and has been training many aspirants of Carnatic music. She had conducted several concerts in Australia and all around the world.
- The medal of the order of Australia is awarded to the individuals contributing to their community or to Australia globally or domestically.
♦World Day Against Child Labour 2020
- World Day Against Child Labour is observed on June 12. The day is marked each year to highlight the barbaric practice of child labour.
- According to figures available on the United Nations’ website, approximately 152 million children have been pushed into child labour. Out of the 152 million, around 72 million are involved in hazardous work.
- The organisation aims to put an end to this practice by 2025.
- Theme 2020: “COVID-19 – Protect children from child labour now, more than ever”.
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
♦Former Planning Commission member Dr Vaidyanathan passes away in Coimbatore
- Dr A Vaidyanathan, a former member of the Government of India’s Planning Commission, passed away late night on 10th June in Coimbatore.
- Dr Vaidyanathan chaired the Government of India Task Force on Revival of Cooperative Credit Institutions in 2004 and was a member of the K.N. Raj Committee on Taxation of Agricultural Income (1969-70).
♦Veteran poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away
- Veteran Urdu poet Anand Mohan Zutshi Gulzar Dehlvi passed away 12th June, less than a week after recovering from the novel coronavirus. He was 93.
- Dehlvi, a Kashmiri Pandit, was the editor of ‘Science ki Duniya’, the only science magazine published in Urdu by the government, which was launched in 1975.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here