Daily GK Update: 12 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦‘FIR Aapke Dwar’: In a first, MP govt launches scheme
- Madhya Pradesh on 11th May launched “FIR Aapke Dwar”, an initiative that will see police officials going to homes of victims to register a First Information Report (FIR) than the other way round. The initiative was launched on a pilot basis across 23 police stations, including one station each in urban and rural areas of headquarters of 11 administrative divisions.
- The only police station chosen despite being located outside the divisional headquarters was Datia, the home town and assembly constituency of Home Minister Narottam Mishra, who launched the scheme.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦MSME Ministry launches “Champions portal” for addressing grievances of small units
- Union Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has launched CHAMPIONS portal, a technology-driven Control Room-Cum-Management Information System, for addressing the grievances of smaller units in the country.
- Aim: ‘The system utilising modern ICT tools is aimed at assisting Indian MSMEs march into big league as National and Global CHAMPIONS,”.
- The Champions stand here for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the output and national strength. Accordingly, the name of the system is CHAMPIONS.
- “As the name suggests, the portal is basically for making the smaller units big by solving their grievances, encouraging, supporting, helping and handholding. It is a real one-stop-shop solution of ministry,” the statement added.
♦HRD Minister launches Counselling Helpline ‘Bharosa’ for Central University of Odisha
- Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishak has launched a dedicated counselling helpline for the students of Central University of Odisha. The helpline will assist students who are suffering from mental distress and need counselling in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. The Bharosa Helpline was launched by the HRD Minister through a video conference.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦PM Modi announces economic package of Rs 20 lakh crore, nearly 10% of the GDP
- PM announced the special economic package on 12 May. This will play an important role in the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’. The announcements made by the govt over COVID, decisions of RBI & today’s package totals to Rs 20 Lakh Crores.
- These reforms will focus on strengthening the infrastructure, economy and buisness in India. Aatma Nirbharta will help India to excell in the competition of global supply change and the new economic package is made keeping in mind to increase the efficiency and improve quality of all sectors.
Banking and Financial
♦Centre releases Rs 6,195 crore to 14 states as additional resources to fight virus’ impact
- The government on 11May released Rs 6,195.08 crore to 14 states as the second equated monthly instalment of the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant as recommended by the Finance Commission.
- “This would provide them with additional resources during the coronavirus crisis,” the Finance Ministry said in a statement.
- The grant had been released for 14 states including Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Sikkim and six North Eastern states, excluding Arunachal Pradesh. Kerala gets Rs 1,276 crore.
♦Journalist Siddharth Varadarajan among recipients of Deutsche Welle Freedom of Speech Award
- Indian journalist Siddharth Varadarajan was one of 17 recipients of the Freedom of Speech Award presented by German public news outlet Deutsche Welle on 3rd May, for showing “outstanding commitment to human rights and freedom of expression in the media”. The announcement came on World Press Freedom Day.
- “In 2020, in the midst of the corona crisis, DW has decided to honor 17 journalists from 14 countries,” the news organisation said. “They represent all journalists worldwide who have disappeared or been arrested or threatened because of their reporting on the COVID-19 pandemic.”
♦World Airport Awards: Bengaluru airport voted the best regional airport in India, Central Asia
- Bangaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport said on 11th May it was voted by customers as the best regional airport in India & Central Asia for the third time in four years at the 2020 World Airport Awards. For an 11-year old airport, it’s a remarkable achievement.
- “This award reaffirms our commitment to provide a world-class experience for our travelers at BLR Airport with a slew of pioneering technology and sustainability initiatives.
- According to the statement, the World Airport Awards are the most prestigious accolades for the airport industry, voted by customers in the largest, annual global airport customer satisfaction survey.
♦Sania Mirza Becomes 1st Indian to Win Fed Cup Heart Award
- Tennis star Sania Mirza on 11thh May became the first Indian to win the Fed Cup Heart Award for her successful return to the court post motherhood.
- Sania won the award for Asia/Oceania zone after securing a whopping 10,000 plus votes out of the total 16,985 cast for this year’s three regional Group I nominees.
- The Fed Cup Heart Award winners were determined via online voting by fans which went on for a week starting from May 1.
- Sania’s vote share of over 60 per cent of the total votes is a testimony to the global popularity of the Indian star at the Fed Cup competition.
- The winners from each category received USD 2000 as prize money, which the 33-year-old Hyderabadi decided to donate to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
♦12th May: International Nurses Day 2020
- International Nurses Day is annually observed on May 12. May 12 was chosen for celebrating this day as it is the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale, the foundational philosopher of modern nursing.
- Theme 2020: ‘Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Nursing the World to Health’.
List of important Day (May)
- May 1: Workers’ Day (International Labour Day), Maharashtra Day
- May 3: World Press Freedom Day
- May (1st Sunday): World Laughter Day
- May (1st Tuesday): World Asthma Day
- May (2nd Sunday): Mother’s Day
- May 4: Coal Miners’ Day; International Firefighters Day
- May 7: World Athletics Day
♦Historian Hari Vasudevan passes away
- Historian Hari Vasudevan, best known for his expertise on European and Russian politics and history, passed away on 10th
- The 68-year-old had tested positive for the coronavirus two days after being admitted to the facility on 4 May. Soon after, he was put on ventilator on account of developing respiratory distress.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here