Daily GK Update 12 ,13 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Association of Buddhist Tour Operator (ABTO) International Convention inaugurated in New Delhi
- The Union Minister of State (IC) for Tourism & Culture Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated the ABTO (Association of Buddhist Tour Operators) International Convention in New Delhi on December 10, 2020.
- ABTO Convention a three-day event is being held in partnership with Ministry of Tourism from 10-12 Dec 2020 in Bodhgaya, Bihar. Addressing on the occasion, the Union Minister said that Government has been making special efforts to promote Buddhist tourism in the country.
♦PM Narendra Modi addresses International Bharati Festival 2020 virtually
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the International Bharathi Festival 2020 through video conferencing.
- The festival was organised by Vanavil Cultural Centre in Chennai to celebrate the 138th birth anniversary of Mahakavi Subramanya Bharathi, an eminent writer, poet and journalist from Tamil Nadu.
♦Maharashtra cabinet approves death punishment for crimes against women
The Maharashtra state cabinet has approved two draft bills that propose death penalty for heinous cases of rape, acid attack and child abuse. The bills also have provisions to increase the quantum of punishment, including life term, cover new categories of crimes, and propose a mechanism for speedy trials.
The two bills, which will be tabled in the winter session of the state legislature next week as part of the Shakti Act, are the Maharashtra Shakti Criminal Law (Maharashtra Amendment) Act 2020 and the Special Court and Machinery for Implementation of Maharashtra Shakti Criminal Law 2020.
About Shakti Act
- The Shakti Act provides for completing investigation and trial within a stipulated time-frame and stringent punishment, including the death penalty and heavy fines, for the culprits.
- Under the proposed legislation, a sum of Rs 10 lakh will be given to an acid attack victim for plastic surgery and facial reconstruction and the amount will be collected as fine from the convict.
♦BSNL launches ‘world’s first’ satellite-based narrowband-IoT network
- BSNL on 10th Dec announced the launch of a satellite-based internet of things (IoT) device service that can be used across India where mobile towers are not present, including the seas within the country’s jurisdiction.
- The state-run telecom firm said it is the world’s first satellite-based narrowband-IoT network. The service has been launched in partnership with US-based firm Skylo, which has developed the device for use in India.
- India will now have access to a ubiquitous fabric of connectivity for millions of yet unconnected machines, sensors and industrial IoT devices.
Punjab 1st in India to ban loose cigarette-sale
- Punjab 1st in India to ban loose cigarette-sale. The Punjab state government on 10th Dec banned the sale of loose cigarettes and loose tobacco in the state, becoming the 1st to do so, claiming that they violated the Section 7 of the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA).
International (Current Affairs)
♦France Law against Islamism
- The French Cabinet recently presented a draft law that targets “Radical Islamism”. When the law comes into force, the French mosques will see increased surveillance on their activities, especially financing.
- The law aims to envisage range of measures that includes school education reforms to make sure Muslim children do not drop out of school.
- It aims to provide strict controls on preachers and mosques. The law will provide rules against hate campaigns online.
♦12 December: International Day of Neutrality
- International Day of Neutrality is a United Nations recognized day held on December 12 each year to raise public awareness of the value of neutrality in international relations.
- It was officially declared by a UN General Assembly resolution adopted in February 2017 and first observed on December 12, 2017.
♦12 December: International Universal Health Coverage Day
- International Universal Health Coverage Day is a United Nations’ recognized international day celebrated every year on December 12.
- The Day aims to raise awareness of the need for strong and resilient health systems and universal health coverage with multi-stakeholder partners.
- Theme 2020: ‘Health For All: PROTECT EVERYONE’
♦Eminent Sanskrit scholar Bannanje Govindacharya passes away in Udupi
Noted Sanskrit scholar and eminent discourser Bannanje Govindacharya passed away at his residence in Ambalpady in Udupi on 13th Dec.
A Padma Shri awardee, he had edited the weekly magazine of Kannada daily Udayavani for some years during the 1970s.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|