Daily GK Update: 12 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Hyderabad hosts “Wings India 2020”
- The four-day civil aviation business exhibition and air show, Wings India 2020 will kickstart from 12th March.
- The biennial event being organized by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) along with Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airports Authority of India will be on till March 15 at the Begumpet airport in Hyderabad.
Note: List of Conference
- National Water Conference-Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal
- Global meet on climate change, ocean health-Kerala
- National Horticulture Fair 2020-Bengaluru
- Bio Asia 2020-Hyderabad
- 2020 Global Investors Summit-J&K
♦ Leh to host the national event for the 6th International Day of Yoga
- Leh, the capital of the Union territory of Ladakh will be the venue for the main event for International Yoga Day on June 21 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend it, AYUSH Ministry officials said on 11th March.
- PM Modi is expected to perform yoga asanas based on the Common Yoga Protocol.
- International Day of Yoga History:
- The observation of International Day of Yoga was first proposed by Prime Minister Modi at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 27 September 2014. The International Day of Yoga was first observed on 21 June 2015. In 2019, the Yoga Day event was held in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
♦ India bans all travellers from entering country till 15th April
- All existing visas issued to nationals of any country except those issued to Diplomats, Officials, UN/International organizations, Employment, Project visas stand suspended till April 15, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020 at the port of departure of any foreigner for onward journey to India.
- Visas of all foreigners already in India remain valid. They may contact the nearest FRRO/FRO through e-FRRO module for extension/conversion of their visa or grant of any consular service if they choose to do so.
- Visa free travel facility granted to OCI card holders shall be kept in abeyance till April 15, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020 at the port of departure of any foreigner for onward journey to India.
- Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reasons may contact the nearest Indian Mission for fresh visa.
- All incoming travelers, including Indian nationals arriving from any destination and having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany on or after February 15, 2020 shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020 at the port of departure of such travelers.
- International traffic through land borders will be restricted to designated Immigration Checkposts with robust medical screening facilities. These will be notified separately by Ministry of Home Affairs.
In addition to the above visa restrictions the following travel advisory is hereby issued in accordance with instructions of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare –
- Indian nationals presently abroad are advised to avoid non-essential travel. They are hereby informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days on their arrival in India.
- All Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days.
♦ ‘Hola Mohalla’ festival begin in Punjab’s Anandpur
- Hola Mohalla is actually an annual fair that is organised in a large scale at Anandpur Sahib in Punjab on the day following the festival of Holi. Practise of holding a fair of this kind was initiated by Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh guru. Purpose of the fair was to physically strengthen the Sikh community by holding military exercises and mock battles.
- The festival is celebrated for three consecutive days, in which members of Sikh community display their physical strength by performing dare-devil acts like bareback horse-riding, standing erect on two speeding horses, Gatka (mock encounters), tent pegging etc. This is followed by music and poetry competition to lighten the charged up atmosphere.
Note: List of Punjab Festival
- Baba Bakala
- Mukatsar Maghi Fair
- Rose Festival
- Mukatsar Maghi Fair
International (Current Affairs)
♦ World Health Organization declares Covid-19 as a pandemic
- World Health Organization (WHO) has characterised the new coronavirus outbreak as a pandemic. WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva that he is alarmed by the spread and severity of the outbreak, along with a lack of action taken to combat it.
- UN chief Antonio Guterres has urged world governments to urgently scale up their response to the novel coronavirus if they are to stand a chance of stemming its spread. In a statement, UN Secretary General said, the declaration of coronavirus outbreak as a pandemic is a call to action – for everyone, everywhere.
♦ ADB allocates $ 200 mln to support supply chains in fight against COVID-19
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will make available $200 million through its Supply Chain Finance Program for companies manufacturing and distributing medicines and other items needed to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Companies manufacturing and distributing products, including medicines and personal protective equipment, are increasingly strained as production and distribution ramp up to address COVID-19.
Banking and Financial
♦ World Bank signed an $80 million loan agreement with Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- The World Bank signed an $80 million loan agreement with the Government of India, Government of Himachal Pradesh on 11 March 2020.
- Aims: The aim is to improve water management practices and increase agricultural productivity in selected Gram Panchayats in Himachal Pradesh.
- The Integrated Project for Source Sustainability and Climate Resilient Rain-Fed Agriculture will be implemented in 428 Gram Panchayats in 10 districts in Himachal Pradesh.
Note: Recent Loan agreement with World Bank
- $88 Million– Assam
- USD 210 Million-Maharashtra
- $147 Million– Jharkhand
- $ 400M– GOI for TB
- $328M– Andhra Pradesh
♦ Google India Launches Skill Development Programme “DigiPivot “For Women
- Google India on 7th March introduced DigiPivot, a skilling programme designed for women who are looking to return to their corporate careers after a break or simply planning to make mid-career shifts to digital marketing.
- Developed in association with Avtar, a career portal service for women, and the Indian School of Business.
- Aims: The programme aims to influence the overall gender mix in the digital marketing landscape in India and will provide an opportunity for 200 women professionals to re-skill themselves.
♦ PV Sindhu becomes the brand ambassador for anti-graft helpline
- Badminton world champion P.V. Sindhu has been appointed the brand ambassador for Andhra Pradesh government’s anti-graft helpline. The ace shuttler featured along with Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy in a video released by the state government as a promo for its toll-free anti-graft number.
Note: List of Brand Ambassador
- Brand ambassador of BharatPe-Salman Khan
- Brand ambassador for Gatorade by PepsiCo India– Hima Das
- Visa -PV Sindhu
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri
- Mastercard- M.S dhoni
♦ ITBP chief SS Deswal given additional charge of BSF DG
- Director General Indo-Tibetan Border Police S S Deswal has been given the additional charge of the DG Border Security Force (BSF) after the repatriation of incumbent Vivek Johri to his parent cadre Madhya Pradesh.
- Consequent upon repatriation of Vivek Johri, (1984, IPS officer of MP cadre), Director General (DG) Border Security Force (BSF) to his parent cadre, competent authority has approved that S S Deswal (1984-batch IPS officer of the Haryana cadre), DG, Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) shall hold additional charge of the post of DG BSF.
Note: List Of DG
- CRPF– AP Maheshwari
- CISF- Rajesh Ranjan
- ITBP– SS Deswal
- NSG– Anup Kumar Singh
- NDRF– SN Pradhan
♦ Second Thursday of March: World Kidney Day 2020
- On the second Thursday of March every year, World Kidney Day is celebrated across the globe. On this day, not only the problems associated with kidney diseases are discussed, but also measures that could help bring the number of people being affected are pondered upon.
- Theme 2020: ‘Kidney health for everyone everywhere – from prevention to detection and equitable access to care’.
Note: Latest Important Day
- 21st February– International Mother Language Day
- 22nd February – World Thinking Day
- 24th February– Central Excise Day
- 27th February– World NGO Day
- 27th February– National Science Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|