Daily GK Update 12 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦CM Naveen Patnaik launched a mobile app “Secha Samadhan”
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Secha Samadhan’, a bilingual mobile application, to address the irrigation problems faced by farmers without them having to visit the offices concerned.
- Benefit: Farmers need not run to the offices of the Water Resources department and can send their grievances through photographs or videos. The farmers will be informed about the status of their complaints through SMS.
Note: About Odisha
- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
International (Current Affairs)
♦20th Summit of SCO Council of Heads of State chaired by Vladimir Putin
- 20th Summit of SCO Council of Heads of State was held on November 10, 2020 (in Video Conference Format). The Meeting was chaired by the President of the Russian Federation Mr. Vladimir Putin. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi led the Indian delegation.
- This was the first SCO Summit held in Virtual Format and third meeting that India participated after becoming a full member in 2017.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in his address to the SCO leaders congratulated President Vladimir Putin for organizing the meeting despite challenges and constraints arising due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
♦China launches world’s first 6G satellite into orbit
- China has launched the world’s first 6G satellite from Taiyuan in the northwestern province of Shanxi. A Long March-6 rocket lifted off on November 6, 2020, with the satellite, which weighs about 70kg (150lbs).
- Able to provide data-transmission speeds 100 times faster than 5G, the 6G test satellite will be used to test systems which will be used to build smart cities, for disaster prevention and mitigation, and for environmental protection.
Banking & Financial
♦Moody’s revises India’s 2020 GDP forecast to -8.9% from -9.6%
- Rating agency Moody’s Investors Service has revised upward India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) forecast for calendar year 2020 to -8.9% contraction from -9.6% it had projected earlier.
- Similarly, India’s GDP forecast for calendar year 2021 has been revised upwards to 8.6% from 8.1% projected earlier.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)12.6%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)9%
- IMF- (-)10.3%
- RBI- (-)9.5%
- SBI– (-)10%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
♦ HDFC Bank launches SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0 for SMEs
- HDFC Bank announced the launch of SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0, on 11th Nov. This solution allows merchants and self-employed professionals to instantly open a current account and start accepting payments in-store, online, and on-the-go.
- SmartHub 3.0 will be available in app based, web based and a range of PoS devices and will have features like digitizing Khata, enabling collection reminders, inventory management, billing software and lending to merchants’ basis their banking history.
- Instant account opening and merchant setup
- Payment collection through any mode – Bharat QR code, Aadhaar Pay, UPI, SMS Pay, Credit or Debit Cards, or any app such as Payzapp, Google Pay
- Customise interface in nine languages
- Share product catalogue with customers via SMS, email or Whatsapp
- View and apply for loan and credit card offers
- Single dashboard view of payments and dues across locations
- Segment specific Value Added services like inventory management for grocery merchants, EMI for Electronic merchants, billing, inventory and reminders for pharmaceutical merchants to name a few
- Merchants can also create their own customer loyalty program on this solution. They can run their own ‘discounts and offers’ for their customers.
♦Govt sets up Inter-Ministerial Committee to strengthen capital goods sector headed by the Aurn Goel
- The government has set up a 21-member inter-ministerial committee in strengthening the Capital Goods (CG) Sector through interventions that help the CG Sector in contributing more actively in the national goal of achieving a $5 trillion economy and a $1 trillion manufacturing sector.
- The 21-member committee will be headed by the Aurn Goel Secretary of the Department of Heavy Industries and will have representation from other concerned ministries.
- Purpose: The committee will look into on all such issues pertaining to the Capital Goods Sector including technology development, mother technology development, global value chains, testing, skill training, global standards, reciprocity issues, custom duties to make this sector globally competitive and to become the manufacturing hub for the world.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
- Government gives one-year extension to Company Law Committee –Rajesh Verma
- Preventing stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana and UP which is a source of pollution in Delhi-national capital region (NCR): Ex-judge M B Loku
♦Indian Navy launches fifth Scorpene Submarine “Vagir”
- Indian Navy launched the fifth Scorpene submarine “Vagir” at Mazagon Dock of south Mumbai. The submarine is capable of taking missions such as anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, mine laying, intelligence gathering and area surveillance.
- Vagir is a part of six Kalvari class submarine that is being built in India. These submarines were designed by French Navy and an energy company DCNS. The six submarines were built under Project-75 of Indian Navy.
- About Vagir: Vagir has been named after Sand Fish. It is a deep-sea predator in the Indian Ocean. The first Vagir was commissioned in 1973. The first Vagir submarine was from Russia.
Note: Other Four Kalvari class Attack submarine
- INS Karanj
- INS Vela
- INS Vagir
- INS Vagsheer
♦China’s Chen Meng claims ITTF Women’s World Cup title
- The world number one Chen Meng beat Chinese compatriot Sun Yingsha to win her maiden International Table Tennis Federation(ITTF) Women’s World Cup table tennis title in held in Weihai, China.
- The 2020 ITTF Women’s World Cup was the 24th edition of the ITTF-sanctioned event.
Book & Author
♦‘Boskiyana ‘ – A New Book on Gulzar from Radhakrishna Prakashan unveiled
- An Oscar-award-winner lyricist Gulzar and some of the visible and the hidden truth of his writing, the atmosphere of his home ‘Boskiyana’ his living style, his likes and dislikes. A book where one can admire his opinion and how he wants to vision this world. A detailed conversation that politely confronts us to the personality of Gulzar.
- Rajkamal Prakashan Samuh has launched a limited gift pack edition that includes Gulzar’s pen, an attractive note pad, a bookmark, and a beautiful canvas bag celebrating the life and times of Gulzar.
♦12 November: Public Service Broadcasting Day
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated on 12 November every year.
- The day is celebrated to commemorate the first and only visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|