Daily GK Update 13th & 14th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mario Draghi sworn in as new Prime Minister of Italy
- The former European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi (73) has been sworn in as Italy’s prime minister at the head of a unity government called on to confront the coronavirus crisis and economic slump.
- Draghi, also former governor of the Bank of Italy, managed to convince almost all of the country’s main parties to support his government.
Note: About Italy
- Capital: Rome
- Currency: Euro
Banking & Financial
♦ICICI Lombard launches Corporate India Risk Index
- Private general insurer ICICI Lombard has launched the ‘Corporate India Risk Index’. This is intended to be a unified, standardised corporate risk index that spans industries and companies.
- This will help companies understand the level of risk that their business is facing and also assist in developing a successful risk aversion plan. It has worked with consulting firm Frost and Sullivan to develop the risk measurement tool.
Note: About ICICI Lombard
- CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Parent organization: ICICI Bank
- Founded: 2001
♦World Bank Signs $100 million Project with Chhattisgarh
- Indian Govt and Chhattisgarh Govt has signed a $100 million for CHIRAAG (Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth) project with the World bank.
- Purpose: Develop sustainable production systems that allow tribal households in remote areas of Chhattisgarh to practice round-the-year production of diversified and nutritious food.
List of Loan approved by World Bank Recently
- $250 million-Tamil Nadu Housing Sector
- $500 million-To improve quality and governance of school education in six Indian states.
- Rs. 1,950 crore-W.Bengal Govt for tackling COVID situation
- $400 million-Improve coastal resources in India
- $80 million-Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- $450 million-The World Bank-supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY)
- $210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $400 Mn: support for rejuvenating Ganga
- $120 Million -Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project
- $105 Million-To improve the inland water transport infrastructure in Kolkata
♦4 women scientists win SERB Women Excellence Award
- Four young women fellows of National Science Academies have been awarded for excelling in science and engineering on the International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021 celebrated on February 13. The SERB Women Excellence Award that has been conferred on them provides a grant of Rs. 15 lakhs for a period of three years to the awardees to pursue their research ideas.
- The for women scientists selected for the awards are Dr. Shobhna Kapoor, Dr. Antara Banerjee, Dr. Sonu Gandhi and Dr. Ritu Gupta. Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) is a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
♦Indian astronomers detect huge optical flare in black hole ‘BL Lacertae’
- Indian astronomers have reported one of the strongest flares from a feeding super massive black hole or blazar called BL Lacertae, analysis of which can help trace the mass of the black hole and the source of this emission, the Department of Science and Technology said on 13th Feb.
- Blazars or feeding super massive black holes in the heart of distant galaxies receive a lot of attention from the astronomical community because of their complicated emission mechanism.
Book & Author
♦Kamala’s Way: An American Life by Dan Morain
- A revelatory biography of the first Black woman to stand for Vice President, charting how the daughter of two immigrants in segregated California became one of this country’s most effective power players.
- There’s very little that’s conventional about Kamala Harris, and yet her personal story also represents the best of America.
♦Actor Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ memoir named ‘Unfinished’
- Actor-producer Priyanka Chopra Jonas officially turned author with the release of her first book, “Unfinished: A Memoir”, which she described as “honest, raw and vulnerable”.
- The end result is a book, published by the Michael Joseph imprint, which covers her dual-continent 20-year-long career as an actor and producer and her work as a Unicef Goodwill Ambassador.
♦13 February: World Radio Day
- World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February to raise awareness about the importance of Radio. In several countries, it is the primary source for providing information.
- The day was proclaimed by the member states of UNESCO in 2011 and subsequently adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2021 as an International Day.
- Theme 2021:“New World, New Radio”,
♦13th Feb: National Women’s Day of India 2021
- In India, the National Women’s Day is observed every year on 13 February to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sarojini Naidu. This year Nation celebrates its 142nd Birth Anniversary.
- She was born on February 13, 1879. She was famous for her nickname ‘Nightingale of India’ or ‘Bharat Kokila’ because of her poems.
- About Sarojini Naidu: She was the first Indian woman President of the Indian National Congress and also the first woman governor of an Indian state that is Governor of United Province which is now known as Uttar Pradesh.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|