Daily GK Update, 13 & 14 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ GMR signs pact with Andhra govt to develop greenfield airport at Bhogapuram
- The Andhra Pradesh government on 12th June signed a concession agreement with GMR Airports Ltd for construction of a greenfield international airport at Bhogapuram in Vizianagaram district.
- GMR Group would develop a state-of-the-art international airport at Bhogapuram which would be ready by 2023.
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦ “Ghar Ghar Nigrani”: Mobile Application launched by Punjab Government
- The Punjab government on 12th June launched a mobile application.
- Aim: Undertaking house to house surveillance to contain the spread of COVID-19. The application is to be used as a tool for early detection and testing of COVID-19 and prevent community spread.
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
- “Naadi” App: Puducherry
- “Rakhsa Serva App”: Chhattisgarh
- “Self Declaration” App: Nagaland
♦ Odisha Becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
- Odisha has become the first state in the country to receive ISO certification for hostels meant for tribal students.
- The ST&SC Welfare Department had earlier launched the ‘Mission Suvidya’ project to provide all the tribal hostels of the state uniform standards of infrastructure, amenities and human resources.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦ India, Bhutan sign MoU on environment cooperation
- Memorandum of understanding between India and Bhutan for environment protection and cooperation in the areas concerning air quality, waste, chemical management and climate change.
- The Union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its nod for the signing of the MoU which will enable establishment and promotion of closer and long-term cooperation between the two countries in the field of environment protection and management of natural resources on the basis of equity, reciprocity and mutual benefits, taking into account the applicable laws and legal provisions in each country.
- The MoU shall enter into force on the date of signature and shall continue to remain in force for a period of 10 years.
Note: About Bhutan
- Capital: Thimphu
- Currency: Bhutanese Ngultrum
♦ Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar virtually launched ‘Shakar Mitra’ scheme to provide paid internship to the Youth
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister inaugurated a “Sahakar Mitra” Scheme Internship Program (SIP)of the NCDC(National Cooperative Development Corporation ).
- Aims: The program will provide practical experience of the cooperative sector and assured project loans on liberalized terms to young professionals in the start-up industry. The portal for online application is available on the NCDC website.
♦ MP becomes country’s top wheat procurer; farmers get Rs 25,000 crore boost
- Madhya Pradesh is set to pump in around Rs 25,000 crore into its rural economy by the time its all-time high wheat procurement draws to a close. This has made the state the country’s largest wheat purchaser in 2020-21.
- MP procured around 12.77 million tonnes of wheat, Punjab has closed its procurement for this year at 76 million tonnes.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦ ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’: CM Yogi Launches Scheme For Child Labourers In UP
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Friday (13 June) launched the ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’, a scheme to educate child labourers in the state. The scheme’s launch coincides with the ‘World Day Against Child Labour’.
- The chief minister said that the scheme would help children who are forced to work as labourers due to compelling circumstances in the family.
- Aims: Under the scheme, unsupported children in the age group of 8 to 18 years would be entitled to school education. These children would be given admission in the Atal residential schools in the state. “Boys would be given a stipend of Rs 1,000 per month while the girls would get Rs 1,200 per month. Those studying in class 8,9 and 10 would an additional amount of Rs 6,000 per year to encourage them.
Banking and Financial
♦ Jio Platforms sell 1.32% stake to TPG, L Catterton
- Global private investment firm TPG (Texas Pacific Group) has bought 0.93% stake in digital arm Jio Platforms for Rs 4,546.80 crore, Jio informed on 13th June.
- Reliance Jio also announced an investment of Rs 1894.50 crore by L Catterton, one of the worlds largest consumer focused private equity firms. L Catterton’s investment will translate into a 39% equity stake in Jio Platforms on a fully diluted basis.
- This investment values Jio Platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore.
- Jio Platforms has raised Rs 1.04 lakh crore from leading global investors including Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG and L Catterton since April 22.
♦ RBI constitutes working group headed by RBI executive director PK Mohanty to review private bank shareholding norms
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 12th June announced it has constituted an internal working group to review the existing guidelines on ownership and corporate structure of private sector banks. The group will be headed by RBI executive director P.K. Mohanty.
- Purpose: The group will examine the existing licensing guidelines and regulations on ownership and control of private sector banks. It will also suggest appropriate norms, keeping in mind the issue of excessive concentration of ownership and control. Besides, it will examine and review the eligibility criteria for individuals or entities to apply for a banking licence, and review the promoter shareholding norms at the initial licensing stage.
♦ Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal wins prestigious World Food Prize
- Eminent Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal was on 11th June named this year’s recipient of USD 250,000 World Food Prize, with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo lauding his research in soil science, saying he is helping millions of small farmers around the world with his work on increasing food production and recycling of nutrients.
- Reason: 2020 World Food Prize Laureate for developing and mainstreaming a soil-centric approach to increasing food production that conserves natural resources and mitigates climate change.
♦ Fifa’s Latest Ranking: India Retains 108th Slot
India football team retained its 108th spot in the latest FIFA rankings. While Belgium ranked first and world champion France is in 2nd place and Brazil is at 3rd spot. In the wake of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the qualifier tournaments have been postponed for the FIFA World Cup and other major games at the international level.
Note: About FIFA
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland.
- President: Gianni Infantino.
♦ June 13: International Albinism Awareness Day
- Every year, the International Albinism Awareness Day is celebrated on June 13. The day is marked to celebrate the human rights of the persons affected by Albinism world wide.
- Theme 2002: Made to Shine
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
♦ 14th June: World Blood Donor Day 2020
- World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on 14 June. So that people get aware of donating blood. WHO states, “The event serves to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gift of blood and also to raise awareness of the need for regular blood donations to ensure that all individuals and communities have access to affordable and timely supplies of safe and quality-assured blood and blood products, as an integral part of universal health coverage and a key component of effective health systems.”
- Theme 2020: ‘Safe Blood Saves Lives’
- Slogan: ‘Give blood and make the world a healthy place.’
♦ Sushant Singh Rajput commits suicide
- Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, 34, was found dead at his Bandra residence in Mumbai on 14th June. Sushant was suffering from depression. The police have revealed that the actor was getting treatment from Hinduja hospital for last six months.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here