Daily GK Update, 13 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Assam Govt Announces Arunodoi Scheme, Boost To Women Empowerment
- Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on 12th August Announced Arunodoi is a unique scheme for women that will empower them and will contribute to the economic development.
- The scheme will be launched on October 2 this year and every month up to the next five years 17 lakh families will be provided Rs 830 to families having an annual income of less than Rs. 2 lakh.
- Assam Govt. will implement the scheme and Rs 2,80,000 crore has been earmarked for the Arunodoi scheme.
Note: About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
♦CM Amarinder Singh launches ‘Punjab Smart Connect Scheme’
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on August 12, 2020 launched a state-wide Rs 92 crore `Punjab Smart Connect Scheme’.
- That aims at providing more than 1.74 lakh class XII students with smartphones by November 2020.
- The scheme will benefit a total of 1,74,015 Class XII students of government schools in the first phase. Of these, 87,395 are boys and 86,620 girls, with the majority in the OBC and SC/ST categories.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mukesh Ambani, 4th richest person in the world: Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Reliance Industries Ltd.’s chairman Mukesh Ambani has surged past Europe’s wealthiest man, making him the world’s fourth-richest person.
- Reliance Industries Ltd’s chairman is now worth US$80.6 billion, after amassing $22 billion this year, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos (net worth $187 billion)
- Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates ($121 billion)
- Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg ($102 billion)
♦India extends assistance of USD 1 million to Antigua and Barbuda to combat COVID-19 pandemic
- The Indian government has extended an assistance of USD 1 million to Antigua and Barbuda to combat the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The provided assistance is aimed at improving health capacities and infrastructure in the Caribbean country.
Note: About Antigua and Barbuda
- Capital: Saint John’s
- Currency: Eastern Caribbean dollar
- Continent: North America
♦Forbes releases “The Highest-Paid Actors Of 2020” list
- Dwayne Johnson is the most highly paid actor in Hollywood and standing at first place with $87.5 million earnings in 2020. followed by Ryan Reynolds with $71.5 million.
- Akshay Kumar Bollywood star has become first Indian actor who is listed in the top 10 highest-paid actors of 2020 and he accounted for $48.5 million earnings in 2020.
- In the Forbes list, he gets 6th place and he earned most of earning from product endorsements. the Forbes takes data between 1st June 2019 and 1st June 2020.
|Rank||Actor||Earnings (in Dollars)|
|1||Dwayne Johnson||$87.5 million|
|2||Ryan Reynolds||$71.5 million|
|3||Mark Wahlberg||$58 million|
|4||Ben Affleck||$55 million|
|5||Vin Diesel||$54 million|
|6||Akshay Kumar||$48.5 million|
|7||Lin-Manuel Miranda||$45.5 million|
|8||Will Smith||$44.5 million|
|9||Adam Sandler||$41 million|
|10||Jackie Chan||$40 million|
Banking and Financial
♦Rajesh Verma Released Report of the Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR)
- The Corporate Affairs Ministry (MCA) will work closely with capital markets regulator SEBI for implementation of the ‘Business Responsibility and Sustainability Report (BRSR)’ framework in the country, its Secretary Rajesh Verma has said.
- Releasing the report of the MCA appointed committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR), Verma highlighted that Indian companies are aspiring to have a global foothold and thus they cannot ignore the emerging trend of Corporate Governance, i.e. Responsible Business.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
- National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- National level committee for reform in criminal law: Ranbir Singh
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
♦Reliance Foundation partners with USAID to bridge gender digital divide in India
- Reliance Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Ltd, has partnered with the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to bridge gender digital-divide in India.
- The partnership was announced at a Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) even on 11th August.
- “Together, we shall launch the W-GDP Women Connect Challenge across India, in the fall of 2020. At the heart of this partnership is our shared goal to help bridge both the gender divide and the digital divide in India
- Purpose: “The W-GDP Fund was created to source and scale the most innovative programmes to advance women’s economic empowerment.
♦RBI governor announces ‘positive pay’ feature to help avert cheque frauds
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das on 13th August said that the banking system will move to a positive pay practice in cheque transactions to curb frauds.
- Under the ‘positive pay’ system, a customer who issues the cheque clicks a picture of the cheque before handing it over to the beneficiary and uploads the same on the bank’s mobile application.
- “To enhance safety of cheque payments, it has been decided to introduce a mechanism of ‘Positive Pay’ for all cheques of value Rs 50,000 and above.
- The limit of Rs 50,000 will cover approximately 20 per cent of transactions by volume and 80 per cent by value, adding operational guidelines in this regard will be issued soon.READ More…………..
♦Pramod Bhasin becomes new Chairman of ICRIER
- Pramod Bhasin has been appointed as a new Chairman of Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER).
- He is currently the vice-chair of the board of governors at ICRIER. He will replace Isher Judge Ahluwalia, who has stepped down due to health reasons.
♦PESB select Soma Mondal as the next chairman of Steel Authority of India
- Soma Mondal has been selected by the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) as the next chairman of public sector steel major Steel Authority of India Limited. She is currently Director (Commercial) of SAIL.
- If the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) gives its approval, she will make history with the rare distinction of being the first-ever woman chairperson of the country’s largest steel company.
- SAIL’s current chairman Anil Chaudhary took charge in September 2018 and is due to retire at the end of this year.
♦Skyroot India’s first private company to test upper-stage rocket engine
- Aerospace startup Skyroot Aerospace has successfully test fired an upper-stage rocket engine, becoming the first Indian private company to demonstrate the capability to build a homegrown rocket engine.
- The 3-D printed rocket engine – “Raman”, named after Nobel laureate CV Raman – has fewer moving parts and weighs less than half of conventional rocket engines with a similar capacity.
♦NASA Planet Hunter TESS finds 66 new Exoplanets
- The planet hunter of NASA called the TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) has found 66 new Exo planets. TESS is Transitioning Exoplanet Survey Satellite. It scanned about 75% of the starry sky during its mission.
- The planet hunter TESS monitors monitored the sky for about a month using four cameras. The mission has been extended till September 2022. The mission is to further explore along the ecliptic orbit plane of the earth around the sun.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|