Daily GK Update, 13 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Two new Israeli assault rifles Arad and Carmel now set to be manufactured in India
- In a boost to the fledgling domestic small arms industry, two latest Israeli assault rifles — the Arad and the Carmel — are set to be manufactured in India.
- The assault weapons are to be produced under the ‘Make in India’ initiative in Madhya Pradesh, where a plant had been set up in 2017 by Israel Weapons System (IWI) in a joint venture called PLR Systems.
♦MP govt to run ‘Roko -Toko’ campaign for those who do not wear masks
- In Madhya Pradesh, the government will now run a Roko -Toko (रोको टोको) means stop and campaign for those who do not wear masks. As the Use of masks is mandatory in all public places in the state. Now selected voluntary organizations will provide masks to the people who do not wear masks in public places and will charge an amount of Rs 20 per mask from the concerned.
Note: About MP
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
International (Current Affairs)
♦Andrzej Duda wins re-election as Poland’s president
- Poland’s incumbent President Andrzej Duda has won the presidential elections with a narrow margin, securing another five-year in office.
- Duda, aligned with the ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party, bagged 51.2% of the votes, while Rafal Trzaskowski from the main opposition center-right Civic Platform party secured 48.7%, the National Electoral Commission (PKW) announced with 99.97% of the votes counted.
Note: About Poland
- Capital: Warsaw
- Currency: Polish złoty
Banking and Financial
♦Google announces India Digitization Fund, will invest Rs 75,000 crore: Sundar Pichai
- Google for India 2020 has thrown up a few surprises, with the company announcing a major Rs 75,000 crore (approximately $10 billion) fund for the upscaling of its digital India mission. At the online-only event, Google’s CEO, Sundar Pichai, made the announcement of India Digitization Fund, which will see the company invest Rs 75,000 crore in India in 5-7 years.
Note: About Google
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
♦India moves up a rank, becomes second-largest foreign investor in UK
- India invested in 120 projects and created 5,429 new jobs in the UK to become the second-largest source of foreign direct investment (FDI) after the US in 2019, according to new UK government figures.
- The Department for International Trade (DIT) inward investment statistics for 2019-2020 found India moving up from its previous third-largest spot, representing an overall 4 per cent FDI increase for the UK on 2018-2019 with 1,852 new inward investment projects in the 2019/2020 financial year
- The US remains the number one source of FDI for the UK, delivering 462 projects and 20,131 jobs, followed by India, Germany, France and China and Hong Kong.
♦Qualcomm Ventures to invest Rs 730 crore in Jio Platforms for a 0.15% stake
- Qualcomm Ventures, the investment arm of Qualcomm Incorporated, will invest Rs 730 crore in Jio Platforms for a 0.15 % stake, the companies said in a joint statement on 12th July.
- This is the 12th investor to pick up a stake in Reliance Industries Ltd’ telecom and digital business in less than two months. Qualcomm Ventures’ stake buy will take the total investments in Jio Platforms to Rs 1,18,318.45 crore for a combined 25.24 % holding.
List of Company jio stake buyer
- 22nd April: Facebook 9.99 percent stake at Rs 43,573.62 crore
- 4th May: Silver Lake 1.15 percent stake at Rs 5,655.75 crore
- 8th May: Vista 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 17th May: General Atlantic 1.34 percent stake at Rs 6,598.38 crore
- 22nd May: KKR 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 5th June: Mubadala 1.85 percent stake at Rs 9,093.60 crore
- 5th June: Silver Lake: 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 7th June: ADIA 1.16 percent stake at Rs 5,683.50 crore
- 13th June: TPG 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 13th June: L Catterton 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- 18th June: PIF 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 2nd July: Intel Capital 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
♦Tamil Nadu Chief Minster to be honoured with Paul Harris Fellow
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami has been honored with Paul Harris Fellow recognition by Rotary Foundation of Rotary International having its headquarters at Chicago.
- Paul Harris Fellow usually honors people who make successful services to their people in providing drinking water, sanitation, disease prevention, environment, world peace, etc.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
♦NTPC Limited wons prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019
- National Thermal Power Corporation, NTPC Limited, a Central PSU under Ministry of Power has won the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019, under Outstanding Accomplishment in Corporate Excellence Category.
- The company has also received Commendation for Significant Achievement in the category of CSR. CII-ITC Sustainability Awards recognize and reward excellence in sustainability practices. It is considered to be the most credible platform for sustainability recognition in the country.
Note: About NTPC
- Founded: 1975
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman: Gurdeep Singh
♦Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton won Styrian Grand Prix 2020
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain) has won the Styrian Grand Prix 2020 at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) finished second while Max Verstappen ( Red Bull- Belgium) was third. It was the second race of the 2020 Formula One World Championship and the first running of the Styrian Grand Prix.
Book and Author
♦Ruskin Bond’s new book released title – “A Song of India”
- A new book by beloved writer Ruskin Bond will shed light on his lesser known life before he became a successful author, publishers Puffin Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House India, announced on 11th July. The illustrated book – “A Song of India”, scheduled to hit the stands on July 20, will mark the 70th year of Bond’s literary career.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here