Daily GK Update: 13 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Jitendra Singh Addresses Indo-Bangladesh “Virtual Conference” Organised By Assocham
- Union DoNER Minister of State (I/C) Dr Jitendra Singh said that new paradigms will emerge post-COVID, with a potential for new breakthroughs in economy, trade, scientific research and several other diverse areas.
- Addressing the Indo-Bangladesh “Virtual Conference” organised by ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India) and attended, among others, by Minister of Commerce Bangladesh Tipu Munshi, Chief Minister of Meghalaya Conrad Sangma and Ms Riva Ganguli Das High commissioner to Bangladesh, Dr Jitendra Singh said, in the last six years, the North Eastern Region had made up for several lapses of the past because for the first time the region received equal attention at par with the other regions of the country.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
♦SC orders setting up of high-powered committee to consider restoration of 4G internet services in J&K
- The Supreme Court on 11th May ordered setting up of a high-powered committee headed by Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs to consider pleas seeking restoration of 4G internet services in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- A bench comprising Justices N V Ramana, Justices R Subhash Reddy and B R Gavai said the committee would also include the Chief Secretary of the UT and the Secretary of Ministry of Communications to look into the demands by petitioners seeking restoration of 4G internet speed there.
♦IIT-Guwahati organized Poster Making Competition under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Campaign
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati (IIIT-Guwahati) recently organized a Poster Making Competition under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) Campaign. The Ministry for Human Resource Development (HRD) is the nodal ministry for EBSB campaign which is run along with several other partner ministries and states. Students participated from their homes for the competition held online due to the COVID-19 lockdown.
♦Jaishankar participates in virtual SCO Foreign Ministers meet on COVID-19
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar participated in the virtual meeting of Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member countries on 13th May to discuss cooperation to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- The foreign ministers and diplomats attending the meeting from eight different countries are expected to discuss the global challenges, preparedness, and response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The conference is being held under the chairmanship of Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
Note: About SCO
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Founded: 26 April 1996
- Founders: China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan
♦Delhi Police gets India’s first ‘Thermal Corona Combat Headgear’ to enhance social distancing
- Delhi Police has inducted in service India’s first thermal detection headgear that will enhance the social distancing while still enabling the policemen to perform their duties. Indian Robo Store group in partnership with the Delhi Police has invented this headgear that has been given the name — Thermal Corona Combat Gear (TCCH).
- The wearer of the headgear will be able to scan the elevated body temperature-EBT. It will help in thermally scanning individuals from a safe distance of 10m to 15m.
♦Haryana and J&K to provide tap water to all rural households by Dec 2022
- Haryana is geared up to provide tap water connection to all rural households by December, 2022. The State provided one lakh five thousand tap connections during 2019-20 under the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). Ministry of Jal Shakti in a statement said that now the State Government is planning 100 per cent coverage by December, 2022, ahead of the national goal by 2024-25.
- Jammu and Kashmir plans to provide tap water connection to all rural households by December, 2022 under the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). During the current year, the Union Territory (UT) is planning for 100% coverage of all 5,000 villages of 3 districts i.e. Gandharbal, Srinagar and Raisi.
Note: About Haryana
- Capital: Chandigarh
- CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
♦Jharkhand’s Sohrai Khovar painting & Telangana’s Telia Rumal gets GI-Tag
- The Sohrai Khovar painting of Jharkhand and Telia Rumal of Telangana have received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Geographical Indications Registry.
- About Sohrai Khovar painting: Local tribal women of Jharkhand practices the Sohrai Khovar painting which is a traditional and ritualistic mural art. It is primarily practised only in the district of Hazaribagh during local harvest and marriage seasons. It involves the use of local and naturally available soils of different colours in the area of Hazaribagh district of Jharkhand.
- About Telia Rumal: Telia Rumal cloth involves complex handmade work with cotton loom which can be only created by using the traditional handloom process and and not by any other mechanical means. The teila rumal exhibits a variety of designs and motifs in three particular colours namely red, black and white.
List of Some GI Tag
- Pathama Dai Mat-Tamil Nadu
- ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple-Tamil Nadu
- Marayoor Jaggerry -Kerala
- Tirur Supari-Kerala
- Arcanut (Sirsi Supadi)-Karnataka
- Green and White Tea-Darjeeling
- Srivilliputtur Palkova”-Channai
Banking and Financial
♦ FM Nirmala Sitharaman to share details for 20 lakh crore rupees package
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan to spur growth and to build a self reliant India: Finance Minister
- Ease of doing business and compliance; global value chain integration, the mainstay of ‘atmanirbhar’ vision
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman recalls all the reforms initiated by the govt since 2014 , DBT for the poor: Direct benefits for the poor transferred directly to them in this difficult time. Click here to Read More in Detail……
♦BRICS’ New Development Bank provides USD 1 billion loan to India to fight COVID-19
- The New Development Bank of the BRICS countries has fully disbursed USD one billion emergency assistance loan to India to help it contain the spread of COVID-19 and reduce human, social and economic losses caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Shanghai-based New Development Bank (NDB) was established by the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) countries in 2014 and is headed by veteran Indian banker K V Kamath.
Note: About New Development Bank (NDB)
- Founded: 2014
- Headquarters: Shanghai, China
- CEO: Kundapur Vaman Kamath
- Founders: China, India, Russia, Brazil, South Africa
♦Manoj Ahuja appointed new CBSE chief
- Odisha cadre IAS Manoj Ahuja has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Ahuja is currently working as Special Director, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Department of Personnel and Training.
- Ahuja will replace Anita Karwal as the chairman of the CBSE.
Note: List of Chairman of Important Organisation
- SIDBI- Mohammad Mustafa
- SEBI- Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD- Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- NHRC- H.L Dattu
- ISRO- K.Sivan
- UIDAI- Pankaj Kumar
♦Anunta Wins VMware 2020 Regional Partner of the Year Award
- Anunta announced that it has received the Regional Partner of the Year Award for the Services Excellence category.
- Anunta was recognized by VMware for its demonstrable achievements using their skills and services capabilities, including consulting, managed and subscription services, to help customers maximize the value received from their VMware investments.
♦FIFA U-17 World Cup to be held in India from 17 Feb 2021
- The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in India has been rescheduled for February 17 and March 7, 2021, the governing body announced on 12th May.
- The tournament was initially scheduled to be held in India from November 2-21 in 2020 and was subsequently postponed due to the pandemic.
♦French rider suspended for four years following ‘super-EPO’ positive test
- French rider Rémy di Grégorio has been suspended for four years after he was caught doping at Paris-Nice in March 2018. The Delko Marseille Provence KTM rider tested positive for traces of darbepoetin after the fifth stage, a drug which is also known as “super-EPO”.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here