Daily GK Update 13 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦KVIC launches cow dung-based paint
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways & MSME, Nitin Gadkari, on 12th Jan launched India’s first cow dung-based paint, which has been developed by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
- The eco-friendly, non-toxic paint called ‘Khadi Prakritik Paint’ has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Based on cow dung as its main ingredient, the paint is cost-effective and odourless, and has been certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
♦Suriname’s Indian-origin President to be Republic Day chief guest
- President of the Republic of Suriname, Chandrikapersad Santokhi, will be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day parade on January 26.
- India had initially invited Boris Johnson to be the chief guest but the British PM had to cancel his visit in view of the grim coronavirus situation back home.
- Earlier, Santokhi was the chief guest at the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention, held by the Ministry of External Affairs and he delivered the keynote address.
Note: About Suriname
- Capital: Paramaribo
- Currency: Suriname Dollar
♦Kerala becomes the 8th State to complete ease of doing business reforms
- Kerala has become the 8th State in the country to successfully undertake “Ease of Doing Business” reform stipulated by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
- Thus, the State has become eligible to mobilise additional financial resources of Rs.2,373 crore through Open Market Borrowings. Permission for the same was issued by the Department of Expenditure on 12th January, 2021.
List of 8 State
- 1.Andhra Pradesh-2,525
- 4.Madhya Pradesh-2,373
- 7.Tamil Nadu-4,813
♦Bharat Biotech inks pact with Precisa Med to supply Covaxin to Brazil
- Bharat Biotech has announced that it has signed an agreement with Precisa Medicamentos for the supply of its indigenously manufactured Covid-19 vaccine ‘Covaxin’ to Brazil.
- The supplies of Covaxin will be prioritized for the public market, through direct procurement by Brazil government.
Note: About Bharat Biotech
- Founded: 1996.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad.
- Executive director: Dr V Krishna Mohan.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Sadyr Japarov wins Kyrgyzstan’s Presidency
- The frontrunner in Kyrgyzstan’s presidential election, Sadyr Japarov, has won by a landslide. Mr Japarov had won 79% of votes cast.
- Mr Japarov, who served time in jail for taking a rival hostage, will also have sweeping new presidential powers after voters by a similar margin opted to amend the constitution in a referendum. Kyrgyzstan has been in crisis since parliamentary elections last October.
Note: About Kyrgyzstan
- Capital: Bishkek
- Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
♦Estonia’s PM resigns over corruption scandal
- Estonia’s prime minister Juri Ratas has resigned over a corruption scandal in his Center Party that led to key party officials resigning overnight, and talks began on 13th Jan among political parties about forming a new ruling coalition.
- The move automatically prompts the resignation of Estonia’s three-party coalition government but does not automatically mean a new election.
Note: About Estonia
- Capital: Tallinn
- Currency: Euro
♦France hosts 4th One Planet Summit
- The Government of France organised the fourth ‘One Planet Summit’, through videoconferencing, which aimed at protecting the world’s biodiversity.
- The Summit was organised in cooperation with the United Nations and the World Bank.
- The theme of the Summit was “Let’s act together for nature!”.
Note: About France
- Capital: Paris.
- President: Emmanuel Macron.
- Prime minister: Jean Castex
- Currency: Euro.
Banking & Financial
♦RBI cancels the licence of Vasantdada Nagari Sahakari Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Vasantdada Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd., Osmanabad, Maharashtra to carry on banking business, with effect from the close of business on January 11.
- The Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar of Cooperative Societies (RCS), Maharashtra has also been requested to issue an order for winding up the bank and appoint a liquidator for the bank. The RBI said the bank has failed to comply with the requirements and continuance of the bank is prejudicial to the interests of its depositors.
- Osmanabad, Maharashtra is prohibited from conducting the business of ‘banking’ which includes acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits as defined in Section 5(b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 with immediate effect.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: B.P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦RBI slaps Rs 2 crore fine on Deutsche Bank for non-compliance
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 2 crore on Deutsche Bank AG for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions concerning interest rate on deposits.
- RBI statutory inspection of Deutsche Bank’s financial position as on March 31, 2019, and the Risk Assessment Report revealed non-compliance with the ‘Reserve Bank of India (Interest Rate on Deposits) Directions, 2016’.
Note: About Deutsche Bank
- CEO: Christian Sewing.
- Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany.
- Founded: 10 March 1870.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|